This game its a hack and sucks

Status
It is really coincedence that my RL friend asked me few days ago if i could make purchase from WebShop for him using my PayPal account.

At that moment i said it should not be a problem but i will find out...

At Support FAQ -> Deposit FAQ here is first question with answer:
"Can I deposit into several accounts from the same credit card?"
"It is not possible to use the same credit card to deposit into several accounts. Once registered the card can only be used to deposit into the account to which it was first registered. This is a security measure required to prevent credit card fraud."

And now this thread appears too...

I know that it is a bit diferent situation than my firend asked about (since it is: one PayPal -> two accounts while in OPs its: two PayPal -> one account) but i find this topic somehow connected. I already asked support about my case if it is alowed or not.

This just shows that it is better to read terms of use first and if having doubts - ask first before acting.

---

@Lady Sarah: here is something that might actually really help you!

from Support FAQ -> Deposit FAQ at Entropia site:
"How many credit cards can I register in my account?"
"You can have up to 3 active cards registered in your account.
Should you experience any difficulties with the registration of your card, please contact Entropia Universe Support."

This is obviously info about you can have only 3 active different credit cards but i guess you "could" asume this also means you can deposit from 3 different PayPal accounts too...

Hope it will be sorted out for you - good luck.

Falagor
:bandit:

thx for info ....I will wait and see ..the thing is I deposited only from 2 accounts .. so should be ok .....not sure why will take up to 2-3 months .... I am a good depositer since the day I started I deposited 200 usd per week ...when I was locked I had 10k peds deposited ..... I sent them prove and all they asked from paypal ....I talked with paypal too and they approved I have did no fraud with all this tranzactions

don't post if you don't know the problem ...you work for mindark ? they give you free items ..that's why you take it so personal ?

I just dislike people that throwing ridiculous accuses and act very aggressive instead of staying a bit cool. Yes, the communication could be better from MA, but that don't mean that they are trying to rob you.

Chill out :kos:
If you did nothing wrong then it is only going to be a temporary lock

I just dislike people that throwing ridiculous accuses and act very aggressive instead of staying a bit cool. Yes, the communication could be better from MA, but that don't mean that they are trying to rob you.

I dislike people ...like you ....... people who talk to much ....and talk when they should shut up ........ trust me if you where in my place...I am sure you would had a much more ..... action then I did ....... but maybe you are bored and no peds to hunt ....and you think you are funny posting here ..... who am I to stop you doing this ...enjoy it have fun ...and I wish you to have the same problem I have ......now and see how you will react ........

Could be associated to the country where you live. MA has locked down whole countries to protect us from fraud. Their methods may be a bit heavy handed but MA does seem to attempt to keep our money safe in game.
Especially since they end up with our money anyway. ;)

I dislike people ...like you ....... people who talk to much

You set the subject "This game its a hack and sucks", but the rest of the first post seems to be because of a problem that came from depositing in an odd way. Maybe you would get more friendly responses if you posted it with something like "Help! I got locked after depositing through paypal". Maybe a moderator could help you with changing the title of the thread.

Also you got a response from the support, even if it was not the answer you wanted ("we need to Contact the owners of the paypal accounts Before we can unlock you which can take some time"). I don't know if there is anything more to add to it...

And, again, my experience with support is that sometimes tickets "lossen" after a VU release. So I would wait until after the VU (possibly tuesday/wednesday) until pressing them too hard.

Last edited:
Hello i deposited like 1000 usd in 1 month ....... Honest in game never asked for peds or begged or scammed ....... I have good friends i am in society silly underground family .....fair and honest player ...... 2-3 weeks ago i find myself locked ...and the reason is cause i deposited from more then 1 paypal account ......... I find it verry pathetic and ridiculous if they wanted money they could ask me a donation i would made ...... I feel verry sad cause i really liked this game ...didnt knew dev's are hackers and thiefs .......i wish to no1 gets what i got from this experience ...such a nice game and with greedy dev's .... And thiefs .......my advice dont play entropia ......try to withdraw what you have when you still can ..... My full name in game is lady sarah conners .....

Sorry this has happened to you. I"ve seen people have similar problems over the last 12 years and every time that I can recall there has been a good reason for the lock. Usually these locks are temporary.

A few questions:

1. What country are you playing from? Is it the same country that you used when you registered your account?

2. When you made your Entropia account did you use your real information? Does that match our PayPal information?

3. Is your PayPal account linked to a credit card? How do you pay your PayPal balance?

There are many reasons why an account may be locked. Maybe the answer is in these answers.

Sorry this has happened to you. I"ve seen people have similar problems over the last 12 years and every time that I can recall there has been a good reason for the lock. Usually these locks are temporary.

A few questions:

1. What country are you playing from? Is it the same country that you used when you registered your account?

2. When you made your Entropia account did you use your real information? Does that match our PayPal information?

3. Is your PayPal account linked to a credit card? How do you pay your PayPal balance?

There are many reasons why an account may be locked. Maybe the answer is in these answers.

ofc its on my name ..who would invest 1000 usd on a fake name ? .......and yes I have my paypal verified ..... and linked a CC .....and yes I did in the country I am ..... and yes I don't have a clue why I am locked ...and I didn't break any EULA rule .... I deposit from 2 paypal accounts .... mine and my husband ..... was no report of fraud .... from paypal ....I didn't steal money I worked hard for them .................. and yes I feel like I was really abused ... and that's why I want to know all the fake problems that could appear ..and lose what you put here ......mindark don't care if is right or wrong ...they only do what its good for them and with this I stoped post here and care about this game ...I hope with 1k usd I lost here they can eat something nice .....and enjoy them .....its my donation to them .......... I am really sorry again if I offend or upset any1 in this game .......with my thread but I hope was a nice alarm for some players with big amount deposits .... wish all the best and may the loot be with you and if you hit something big withdraw it cause you not safe in this virtual world

I deposit from 2 paypal accounts .... mine and my husband .....

I guess your husband has a different name than you, hasn't he? :)

Since you deposited from a PayPal account with a different name on it, a temporary lock until they verify you hadn't hacked that account is logical and the right thing to do.

Your husband needs to check his email (the address associated with his PayPal account) for an inquiry from MA; if there isn't one, he might want to drop them a line telling it's OK.

ofc its on my name ..who would invest 1000 usd on a fake name ? .......and yes I have my paypal verified ..... and linked a CC .....and yes I did in the country I am ..... and yes I don't have a clue why I am locked ...and I didn't break any EULA rule .... I deposit from 2 paypal accounts .... mine and my husband ..... was no report of fraud .... from paypal ....I didn't steal money I worked hard for them .................. and yes I feel like I was really abused ... and that's why I want to know all the fake problems that could appear ..and lose what you put here ......mindark don't care if is right or wrong ...they only do what its good for them and with this I stoped post here and care about this game ...I hope with 1k usd I lost here they can eat something nice .....and enjoy them .....its my donation to them .......... I am really sorry again if I offend or upset any1 in this game .......with my thread but I hope was a nice alarm for some players with big amount deposits .... wish all the best and may the loot be with you and if you hit something big withdraw it cause you not safe in this virtual world

Relax man...
I got my account locked twice over a month each time...
If you clean you will come back for sure...
If you like to withdraw the system must be checked and in top of clean money...

Just relax man you will be back soon I bet...

It is really coincedence that my RL friend asked me few days ago if i could make purchase from WebShop for him using my PayPal account.

"It is not possible to use the same credit card to deposit into several accounts. Once registered the card can only be used to deposit into the account to which it was first registered. This is a security measure required to prevent credit card fraud."

I know that it is a bit diferent situation than my firend asked about (since it is: one PayPal -> two accounts while in OPs its: two PayPal -> one account) but i find this topic somehow connected. I already asked support about my case if it is alowed or not.

This just shows that it is better to read terms of use first and if having doubts - ask first before acting.

---

@Lady Sarah: here is something that might actually really help you!

from Support FAQ -> Deposit FAQ at Entropia site:
"How many credit cards can I register in my account?"
"You can have up to 3 active cards registered in your account.
Should you experience any difficulties with the registration of your card, please contact Entropia Universe Support."

This is obviously info about you can have only 3 active different credit cards but i guess you "could" asume this also means you can deposit from 3 different PayPal accounts too...

Hope it will be sorted out for you - good luck.

Falagor

That's interesting. Thanks for the info.

So the OP was using two Paypals on one ava. However, what is the case for using one paypal on two avas?

I can competely understand the fraud POV, particularly with Paypal being quick to whip back funds, which in a game where money can be cycled rather fast then this would be quite a headache. However, buying a starter pack for your friend "seemed" harmless, until now!

I think for my own sanity I might just ask them...

However, buying a starter pack for your friend "seemed" harmless, until now!

Think of it this way: MA sees an IRL person claiming to be Jane Doe logging into her personal account. Now Jane Doe wants to deposit, using paypal, and logs into paypal site, using John Doe's username and password. Now, Paypal might get a warning: Someone is using John Doe's account, to buy merchandise at a website where the goods will be delivered to Jane Doe, so Paypal sends an urgent message to MA: "Someone using your website is trying to buy things with a name that does not match!". Then, MA catches this message and locks it, and now MA is waiting for more information from paypal regarding the accounts of John Doe and Jane Doe.

(This is in case it's Paypal who noticed it.)

As for Three creditcards; at a Point i was unlimited, but it was abused by CC thieves, so MA narrowed it down.
To have more than one credit card can make sence since many people have sevaral CCs IRL (on the same name, though). I'm not sure about Paypal, but credit cards are verified when added (when I joined it was by typing off the serial number of transaction to confirm).

. Now, Paypal might get a warning: Someone is using John Doe's account, to buy merchandise at a website where the goods will be delivered to Jane Doe, so Paypal sends an urgent message to MA: "Someone using your website is trying to buy things with a name that does not match!".

Do paypal really do that though? As far as paypal see, to them its just a payment to MA for " 400 project entropia dollars" Doesn't say a thing to paypal about which avatar its going to. Just like if I buy a dress from Monsoon, and post it to my mums. Paypal don't say " hey wait a minute your not wearing this dress!! Stopp!!"

I have umpteen postal addresses and names on my paypal, have even bought cars in other peoples name and addresses, not a thing was said.

I thought it may be the other way around. MA see a paypal ID making depos, and when they see more than one ID - presume one was from a hacked paypal - lock the account and proceed to make the contacts to paypal.

Do paypal really do that though? As far as paypal see, to them its just a payment to MA for " 400 project entropia dollars" Doesn't say a thing to paypal about which avatar its going to. Just like if I buy a dress from Monsoon, and post it to my mums. Paypal don't say " hey wait a minute your not wearing this dress!! Stopp!!"

I have umpteen postal addresses and names on my paypal, have even bought cars in other peoples name and addresses, not a thing was said.

I thought it may be the other way around. MA see a paypal ID making depos, and when they see more than one ID - presume one was from a hacked paypal - lock the account and proceed to make the contacts to paypal.

I think the "problem" is that MA need to know where the money is coming from, it's not only the risk of it being a fraud that is the problem. Because EU can be used to transfer money, even if it's not that efficient, MA needs to have more control over the "money flow" compared to an online web-shop.

I think the "problem" is that MA need to know where the money is coming from, it's not only the risk of it being a fraud that is the problem. Because EU can be used to transfer money, even if it's not that efficient, MA needs to have more control over the "money flow" compared to an online web-shop.

Tis completely understandable,
I am not disputing the reasoning why they may wish to investigate, however I do think it is something which needs to be clarified.

Also, how does a deposit differ from the entropia web shop purchase, and in which way does the entropia webshop differ from a normal webshop...

I guess it is coming down to the buying of currency over goods.

Also, how does a deposit differ from the entropia web shop purchase, and in which way does the entropia webshop differ from a normal webshop...

I guess it is coming down to the buying of currency over goods.

Yeah, because of the possibility of withdrawals I think they need to be more careful.

To the OP, TAKE A CHILLPILL & RELAX, this attitude will get you nowhere..
Could/should MA handle it diffrently, yes

They should've locked the amount of peds depo'd from the other Paypal account & gave you a warning to only use yours while investigating the other depo

Looks like MA are going about this the correct and safe way. Delays are due to the need to contact multiple companies/people so I'm afraid you'll just have to wait for them to go through the sensible and correct procedure.

You're using somebody elses account and MA have no idea if you have permission. A crime is a crime whether it's reported or not.

Here's my story..
I used to depo ~10k ped/month
Some depo's where planned in advance & done from my account via wired transfer wich took about a week.
Sometimes MA would say FUCK Das, let's rip him off & give him shitloot & I would use a visa card from a friend, I never got locked for that or got a question, note those depo's where usually 7.5-12.5k ped
I also know that at least 1 rl friend used the same visa card from that same friend.. still not a problem.

So 2 ppl use the same card from an unknown person to MA

Relax man...
I got my account locked twice over a month each time...
If you clean you will come back for sure...
If you like to withdraw the system must be checked and in top of clean money...

Just relax man you will be back soon I bet...

You should STFU, your account should be locked forever after cheating the system out of +10k ped

- rep me all you want or hate me forever.. but what you did deserves a ban, so be happy it was only 2*1 month!

Das,

The retired top 50 hunter all time due to awesome loot rebalancing techniques :p

Last edited:
To the OP, TAKE A CHILLPILL & RELAX, this attitude will get you nowhere..
Could/should MA handle it diffrently, yes

They should've locked the amount of peds depo'd from the other Paypal account & gave you a warning to only use yours while investigating the other depo

Here's my story..
I used to depo ~10k ped/month
Some depo's where planned in advance & done from my account via wired transfer wich took about a week.
Sometimes MA would say FUCK Das, let's rip him off & give him shitloot & I would use a visa card from a friend, I never got locked for that or got a question, note those depo's where usually 7.5-12.5k ped
I also know that at least 1 rl friend used the same visa card from that same friend.. still not a problem.

So 2 ppl use the same card from an unknown person to MA

You should STFU, your account should be locked forever after cheating the system out of +10k ped

- rep me all you want or hate me forever.. but what you did deserves a ban, so be happy it was only 2*1 month!

Das,

The retired top 50 hunter all time due to awesome loot rebalancing techniques :p

what???????????????? dude u should be locked and ban from life ....... and don't tell me to stfu .......kid ... you do that

My sympathies goes to your husband. It must be hell to live with you. :eyecrazy:

LOL, sorry but this made me laugh....... I really do agree MA needs to check this out to be sure it is not fraudulent. That would be like me using Roni's bank account to fund my game, they will look into it.

OMFG, did you even read my post?

what???????????????? dude u should be locked and ban from life ....... and don't tell me to stfu .......kid ... you do that

You need to read Das's post again... slowly and then proceed to apologise.

"Treat people the way you would like to be treated yourself."

:popcorn:

Rgds

Ace

PS. re-read posts before you respond, you seem to have a significant lack of understanding of what people are saying

---

(...)

Just got support answer in my case:

2015-03-09 09:50 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Falagor,

There should be no issues doing this, it should be fine to make a transaction from your paypal on another account.

However should you encounter issues, please have the other account holder contact us at support and refer to this case by ID which is: <removed ID numer>

Do that and you should have no issues.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

This all gives few conclusions:
- you can use credit card for only one Entropia account (FAQ answers)
- you can use up to 3 different active credit cards for one account (FAQ answers)
- you can use PayPal account for more than one Entropia account (my support case - but i guess anyone should make similar to have reliable source if he/she wants to do so)
- you can't use more than one PayPal account for one Entropia account or... OP is not telling whole truth and there is something more into it (we can't tell untill we will know how this case will end).

---

@Lady Sarah:
now before you read - please calm down :).
Are you 100% sure that reason why you have been locked is becasue you made few deposits from two different PayPal accounts?
I do not want to offend you but i think that under strong emotions you tend to missread what people say (example: what user das said about "stfu and beeing baned" was about other forum user and not about you - yet it seems you understood it was about you).

It would be great if you could copy/paste some of your comunication with MA support on this case.

Falagor

LOL, sorry but this made me laugh....... I really do agree MA needs to check this out to be sure it is not fraudulent. That would be like me using Roni's bank account to fund my game, they will look into it.

yeah but if is no report ......from paypal or other paypal user ....why you lock ..... that's not smart .....and I am sure they lost many regular depositer players because of some ridiculous rules ......

Sorry Lady but IF you TREATED MA support like you treat the community, then don't expect a resolution in the next 6 months..
enough said.. time to move on

Lady Sarah, I believe they have said rules about using multiple paypal accounts to protect people from fruadulate deposits from stolen information.

If you think about it what is the reason to ever use multiple paypal accounts to deposit? Even if you wanted to depo using a relatives account they could have just paypaled you the money to your paypal account then you can just use the funds from your paypal account. It does actually look bad and wrong if you start depositing from multiple paypal accounts if you step back and think about it. Just like if you start depositing form CC's with different names on them that are not yours, I am sure they would lock those CC's from being used also, it just looks like someone trying to steal and filter funds through a hard to track medium, ie. laundering funds through MA.

MA will eventually get to your support case I have waited weeks and months for reply before but eventually they do respond, I have even heard of support case 2 years old that finally got answered, somehow tickets just get lost, chalk it up to the wonderful world of MA management, we all know how awesome they are.....

Also yes if you pester them with the same info in multiple support cases they just trash the duplicates, I have experienced this many times, I do wish they would at least let you know they are reading them but now that you know they are removing duplicates you know they at least read it, and hopefully are investigating it, they are just to rude to actually let you know about it formally.

Last edited:
Lady Sarah, I believe they have said rules about using multiple paypal accounts to protect people from fruadulate deposits from stolen information.

If you think about it what is the reason to ever use multiple paypal accounts to deposit? Even if you wanted to depo using a relatives account they could have just paypaled you the money to your paypal account then you can just use the funds from your paypal account. It does actually look bad and wrong if you start depositing from multiple paypal accounts if you step back and think about it. Just like if you start depositing form CC's with different names on them that are not yours, I am sure they would lock those CC's from being used also, it just looks like someone trying to steal and filter funds through a hard to track medium, ie. laundering funds through MA.

MA will eventually get to your support case I have waited weeks and months for reply before but eventually they do respond, I have even heard of support case 2 years old that finally got answered, somehow tickets just get lost, chalk it up to the wonderful world of MA management, we all know how awesome they are.....

Also yes if you pester them with the same info in multiple support cases they just trash the duplicates, I have experienced this many times, I do wish they would at least let you know they are reading them but now that you know they are removing duplicates you know they at least read it, and hopefully are investigating it, they are just to rude to actually let you know about it formally.
I agree but if is no report from paypal ..or other paypal user ...why to lock ? ...I agree if I other paypal user didn't want me to use his paypal .... I would be reported and locked for a real reason ....I am not crazy ....but try to lose in 5 weeks 1000 usd ..... I would better go in a small holiday ....or buy to my daughter something nice ....then lost it here ... I deposited costant 200 usd /week .....I am not poor ...I could start another one ...with my husband name .....and play it .....but I feel bad to lose that account .. since I made some amazing friends ........ and a great and friendly society .......

Status
Back