THIS IS B!!!!! Unreal....

I dunno what it means, but you smudged out one line of the location - but not the one on top. :smirk:

Good luck figuring it out, Lady ! :better:

lawl

corrupt file. just re-dl.

yer, file corrupted.. ofc not a valid executable! as mentioned, re-d/l .. maybe is a problem on your end (line noise, old modem, etc..etc...) :scratch2:

:D

Ossi!

yer, file corrupted.. ofc not a valid executable! as mentioned, re-d/l .. maybe is a problem on your end (line noise, old modem, etc..etc...) :scratch2:

:D

Ossi!

Would be nice to re-download as i am having the same issue but unfortunately the damn downloader will not let me, stalls out every single time.

you all could try the torrent download

I have tried Redownloading 3 times now and it wont work on my desk top with XP always the same bull**** Corupt File :mad:

I have tried Redownloading 3 times now and it wont work on my desk top with XP always the same bull**** Corupt File :mad:
Remove the viruses and trojans and try again

still MA sucks :wtg:

Try this, it seems to work for many, and for gods sake use search and moan in another thread next time? theres only 2525997179 threads about pretty much the same thing already :p

1. Uinstall the game normally

2. Delete anything EU related of folders and files (not including screenshots ofc those are safe and videos etc)

3. Get CCleaner if you don't have it and run that.

4. install EU again (I had to install in an different directory for it to work, IE it was in C: and it had to be in D: for it to work again, most likley will work as always on C: though, some have issuses and you have to change install directory for some odd reason i dont know)

5. let it patch and it should now work.

and as akoz says, get some PROPER av and run that, might be something there to, free av's are bullshit all the way, norton is worse, most of the other works swell.

I feel your pain, I luckily dont share it but l feel it :lam:
Good luck mate ;)

and as akoz says, get some PROPER av and run that, might be something there to, free av's are bullshit all the way, norton is worse, most of the other works swell.

Used AVG Free, Spybot Free & AdAware Free for years without problems. Succesfully cleaned friends, relatives, neighbours etc computers with them too.

Agree with comment regarding Norton.

Last edited:
Try this, it seems to work for many, and for gods sake use search and moan in another thread next time? theres only 2525997179 threads about pretty much the same thing already :p

2. Delete anything EU related of folders and files (not including screenshots ofc those are safe and videos etc)

4. install EU again (I had to install in an different directory for it to work, IE it was in C: and it had to be in D: for it to work again, most likley will work as always on C: though, some have issuses and you have to change install directory for some odd reason i dont know)

Well i guess i am really fucked then..

Uninstalled game: Check

Already have installed Antivirus and have never had any issues with any and run regular scans: Check

Deleted all EU files i could find: Check

Installed EU again to both my C:\ and I:\ drives (i get same BS error during download when it hangs up): Check

Ran Registry cleaner on my system as well as defragged: Check

All this didn't help

All this error says is:

Error message:
An error occurred when trying to download a file.

Error description:
entropia_universe_10.3.0.36270_setup.exe

I try again and fails

Error message:
An error occurred when trying to download a file.

Error description:
entropia_universe_10.3.0.36270_setup.exe

I try again and fails

Your error is with downloading the file, not running it, so its not a corruption error and thus probably not related to what was started above.

You can try this:

Delete the folder “Entropia Universe” manually from C:\Program Files

Delete your Windows temporary files

Try deleting the files in these folders:

For Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Entropia Universe
C:\TEMP
C:\Documents and Settings\"YourUser"\Local Settings\Temp

For Windows Vista:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Entropia Universe
C:\Windows\Temp
C:\Users\”Your User”\AppData\Local\Temp\entropia

Reboot your computer and then install Entropia again by downloading the whole 3GB installation file via this direct link:

http://dlmirror.entropiauniverse.co....3.1/entropia_universe_10.3.0.36270_setup.exe

download it again and avoid opening email, avoid going online to anything else while dl'ing, the moment i logged into to EF for example.. dl failed.

download it again and avoid opening email, avoid going online to anything else while dl'ing, the moment i logged into to EF for example.. dl failed.
<sarcasme>
And make sure you sit absolutely still. Do not move yourself or the computer while DLing. Also never talk harshly to your computer or it might choose to take revenge.
</sarcasme>

Worth mentioning shut down all but essential running programs. I suspect my error was caused by a conflict between BitTorrent and the DNATorrent program (same error message as Zippo is getting).

ALT+CTRL+DEL Task manager.

2 questions....
1. do you always download everything to your desktop?
2. have you set exclussions to allow EU to patch, update and play in your AV AND Firewall?.... that was causing many download problems for me long ago...BTW when ever there is a patch I dump current permissions and let it ask for new and that made a huge difference. I have not had a download problem since.

BTW I only use Norton system works and adaware free and have NEVER had a virus problem nor spyware issue since I have used a computer. If you have frequent problems like this you MAY wanna rethink your surfing habits.

I have tried EVERYTHING in every other thread... NOTHING works... I've clean installed, used the torrent file...

I get the dl before... it's corrupted.... I get a supposedly un-corrupted one.. install.. update.. I get error that EU didn't close correctly.... and video card thing along with it... Now.... I can't get ANY download to even start from them and this setup exe file was just the last straw.

I appreciate you trying to give instructions but I'm not a non-pc user and I HAVE tried it all in every other thread.

MA should provide a PROPER download and install file.... period!

MA can BITE ME!!!!!!!!

Check your RAM Memory health status.

If one module is damaged, the symptoms are usually corrupted files when downloaded or copied. And occasially BSOD or reboots.

One of mine 2GB modules where damaged & i noticed it first @ VU 10 arrived. No problems earlier, but after i replaced the module all problems solved.

Note: you can be running a computer with a damaged RAM module for a very long time before you really notice it, if the damaged memory area on the module are not used you don't notice it.

Hurray for the cheap non ECC memory modules :mad:
(as always, you get what you pay for)

PS: You may also need to download the install file again after replacing or removing a RAM module, since the downloaded one might be corrupted.

I have tried EVERYTHING in every other thread... NOTHING works... I've clean installed, used the torrent file...

I get the dl before... it's corrupted.... I get a supposedly un-corrupted one.. install.. update.. I get error that EU didn't close correctly.... and video card thing along with it... Now.... I can't get ANY download to even start from them and this setup exe file was just the last straw.

I appreciate you trying to give instructions but I'm not a non-pc user and I HAVE tried it all in every other thread.

MA should provide a PROPER download and install file.... period!

MA can BITE ME!!!!!!!!

I can download and install the very same file with no issues, should MA change the file or should we beleive that the problem is on YOUR side?

I can download and install the very same file with no issues, should MA change the file or should we beleive that the problem is on YOUR side?

Well, I click link.. it doesn't download at all.... yep.. my fault..... :rolleyes:

don't forget

Remember... its it MA that sucks.... or WINDOWS????
bill - f-in- gates:confused:

Check your RAM Memory health status.

If one module is damaged, the symptoms are usually corrupted files when downloaded or copied. And occasially BSOD or reboots.

One of mine 2GB modules where damaged & i noticed it first @ VU 10 arrived. No problems earlier, but after i replaced the module all problems solved.

Note: you can be running a computer with a damaged RAM module for a very long time before you really notice it, if the damaged memory area on the module are not used you don't notice it.

Hurray for the cheap non ECC memory modules :mad:
(as always, you get what you pay for)

PS: You may also need to download the install file again after replacing or removing a RAM module, since the downloaded one might be corrupted.

About 4 years ago I had exactly this problem. Drove me mad trying to diagnose it, even went as far as replacing the motherboard.

To check out whether it is indeed partially failing memory:

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Prime95-Download-76537.html

Need to go into options / torture test and leave it for an hour or two. If it fails, its the memory.

Well its you who cant download it, how is that MA´s fault?

OMG... I only made this thread because they can't even provide a small uncorrupted set up exe file.... let alone the whole damn program ... oh.... can't download from their site... my fault? It won't start.. I'm not the only one...

What part of MA should provide a decent download on a DECENT site that works 24/7 or even 7/24 don't you get?????

Just drive thru...... sick of all of this....

Thanks to those with useful tips/ info ... esp about the memory.... gonna look into that..and see if that's the problem.... doesn't explain their site not starting a download though...... :scratch2:

OMG... I only made this thread because they can't even provide a small uncorrupted set up exe file.... let alone the whole damn program ... oh.... can't download from their site... my fault? It won't start.. I'm not the only one...

What part of MA should provide a decent download on a DECENT site that works 24/7 or even 7/24 don't you get?????

Just drive thru...... sick of all of this....

Thanks to those with useful tips/ info ... esp about the memory.... gonna look into that..and see if that's the problem.... doesn't explain their site not starting a download though...... :scratch2:

were you using the link provided above?

I just clicked it and it started up fine and was downloading. I cancelled it because I am at work, but I thought i read above that it doesn't even start for you.

If that is the case I wonder if it is an issue with your connection or ISP? I am no expert, but I feel your pain, I hate when things don't work.

were you using the link provided above?

I just clicked it and it started up fine and was downloading. I cancelled it because I am at work, but I thought i read above that it doesn't even start for you.

If that is the case I wonder if it is an issue with your connection or ISP? I am no expert, but I feel your pain, I hate when things don't work.

Yes, it didn't start at all. tried on 3 different pc's with 3 different high speed providers to check it. Something odd there...

In another thread someone suggested using a download accelerator that would restart if needed. I now have one installed and am downloading... odd that it works thru that but not thru FireFox or IE to download... :scratch2: Wondering if it's pulling it from someplace else?? Dunno, don't care... lets see if it works.

I'll do again a clean install. Someone mentioned missing files from this download in another thread... could someone please help with that and explain it??? PLEASE :) I don't want to download and have the decompression errors yet again... .... TY TY TY!

Back