FYI: This is what happened in the old days (well.. 5 years ago)

STYRM

Elite
STYRM
we dont have a cap anymore and sweat prices is shit.. back when this pic was taken I got about 25 peds for 1000 bottles of sweat..

the armour I wearing is old school kobold btw.. and the black clothes could be bought by a NPC for 5 peds each.. enjoy

I don't get it... was it better?

So noobs are not greedy?
Or greedy are not noobs?
I don't understand why you think is better to have all people that use TP chip because they play the game to pay for all people who don't actually play the game, but exploit it by making second avatars to sweat some more and sell that sweat. I suppose at that time MA needed a way to have people actually making new accounts... It worked a while.

They need to put back in to the TT everything that used to be in it along with all the stuff the old weapon and armor traders had... That was asked/suggested in the Q and A session, but only time will tell if Marco and Co. decide to take on that issue.

But traders are people too. And probably the most important people in EU. Why do something to harm them? Especially when it is not clear how such changes would actually help the game. It won't be cheaper for those who play, that is for sure.

we dont have a cap anymore and sweat prices is shit.. back when this pic was taken I got about 25 peds for 1000 bottles of sweat..

the armour I wearing is old school kobold btw.. and the black clothes could be bought by a NPC for 5 peds each.. enjoy

Man that makes me nostalgic... At one point sweat prices reached 40 ped per k!

IMO give sweat a set 1.0 value. Traders can still make money selling ME, and noobs are better off.

Anyone who complains about the price of ME should note that the current price is an absolute all time low price... at once point in 2005 it was at 600% but people still bought it!
Who do you think sweat prices affect more? You, the buyer? Or the person who works hard getting it?

Last edited:
Nice pic for people who might not be aware of those days! Glad to have been there with you too... we were just babies! LOL

Don`t forget how long it took to gather that 1k ;)

Anyway, people made multiple avatars to sweat them dry - not the best way at all...

I miss the old Kobold design, it was awesome...

And the yellow too big influence line... I miss it also :D (For nostalgic reasons never sweated after I hit the cap btw)

After 100 bottles I gave up and put in my first 10$ back in the day :laugh:

I do remember that people who used the settler armor was called noobs and auction was totally scarry, Shadow parts was worth 4k peds each and I was like wow and went and killed some daikiba and prayed that I would loot some :)

Started in August 2006, Opalo A103 with 21 dmg and maxed stats, sweatprice fell from 1.3 to 1.25 that week and peopole started complaining and started to write "Dont sell your sweat under 1.3...". OA103 crafting runs of now well known ubahs just have let our eyes pop out. Global after Global... and Esis had 2 ped tt and were worth 100ped after MU. I did not recognize them as a hit in my loots so i was surprised to find 2 of them on me a few months later, i was like weee when i sold them. Shadow helmets in Argonaut Young loots! And shiny bling bling ped in loot

Ah those were good days. Today the days are good too, if you know how, but back then loots had the character of hard metal ware not of plastic L stuff. My mentor got a Forxtrot ME for me, maybe one of the last given out, dreams were big back then, what today would be considered small, an item worth 300ped after MU in your loot was worth a party... a screenshot of those incredibly rare

So noobs are not greedy?
Or greedy are not noobs?
I don't understand why you think is better to have all people that use TP chip because they play the game to pay for all people who don't actually play the game, but exploit it by making second avatars to sweat some more and sell that sweat. I suppose at that time MA needed a way to have people actually making new accounts... It worked a while.

I think noobs need this kind of start ingame.. made me and many others stay.. I dont care much about resellers.. their problems are not my problems.. Im sure they will still be here if sweat prices goes up.. they were around back then.. so why not now?

the point is that noobs these days are utterly fucked if they dont depo money right away.. and how many ppl do you really think wanna do that in a new game that is advertised as a free game? its not the end of the world and all the money you have made wont go away.. I even believe that more new ppl will get hooked.. and not just log in to find out that they will have to work for days to be able to afford their first hunt.. why would the avg gamer stay if they dont have fun instantly, why not just play WOW or some other game? they have no clue what this game is about and they are not even interested in finding out if they cant do anything..

yes I know that the price for ME would go up.. but as someone said in this thread.. it wont matter.. ppl will buy it anyway.. but Im not an idiot.. I know that nothing will change.. I just wanted to show new ppl how it was before..

fap off..

oh yes :lolup: OLD sweating FTW
.. not so much fun whit VSE

lol, that video was as laggy as the game in those days :laugh:

Kobold was a cool looking armor indeed, now it looks like crap.

Back