Rogue
Scavenger
Looter
Overseer
Clan Leader

Loots

Vu 8.11

Last edited by a moderator:
I spotted one of these just south of the Emerald Lakes Land Area. They appear to be expanding their territory. :eek:

Since VU 9.1.1 I have notcied a broadening of the range of mob maturities (compared to 9.0)

CND neconu Alpha (yes yes ND could have nudged the bar)
NW Eudoria Armax Bull Alpha
Formidon Domi NW Amethera (SW oshiri)
A lot more ambulimax Guardians in the deserts :eek:
Large numbers of stalkers, prowlers but also domi atrax @ OPSEPA
The younger spiders phenom
Tantillion Alphas also in the desert
Just part of the cycle

I saw tantilions alpha before 9.0
I know that Armax Bull Alpha exist since 2 years (I saw it almost 2 years ago) :)

noone's tested their dmg type yet ???

noone's tested their dmg type yet ???

Damage testing isn't easy to do, especially for the rarer mobs or those which are a long way from a TP. For Thorofoid we don't even know the maximum damage for most maturities. Feel free to do some testing of your own :)

I'd guess Impact, and possibly either some Cut or Stab. I'll check them sometime but I'm a bit busy at the moment and like Oleg says, due to their distance from any TP its not a 5min job.

There are some to the SE of emerald (north of the longu LA). Even the big ones are weak and don't have high to-hit. Thorafoids and Thorifoids there too.

Am i right to believe they are the weakest of all the thor based mobs? I'd love to try them, have tried to find them once before, but what are my chances of not getting smacked up by a thora or thori or thorio lol.

Am i right to believe they are the weakest of all the thor based mobs? I'd love to try them, have tried to find them once before, but what are my chances of not getting smacked up by a thora or thori or thorio lol.

These and thorafoid (they hit you with their lunch pail) are wusses. Even weak thorifoids though can be scary if you don't have dodge

You're doing wrong comparations. Thorifoids do mainly cold damage while thoro, thora, thorio do impact and/or/cut/stab/penetration.

Thorofoids lower maturities, namely Worker, Gatherer and Adept are quite easy in rascal+2a, ghost, etc.

Patron already can critical for ~90 dmg, that's not wussies in my books.

If you compare thorofoids with thorifoids, then compare them using same quantity of protection. Thorifoids with 40-50 cold protection are piece of cake and same goes for thorofoids with 40-50 protection in impact/cut etc. areas.

The weakest mob of blue smurfs is thorAfoid, the fat females. Then thorofoids, then thorio and thorifoids which are kinda equal in qty of dmg, but different types of it.

Patron already can critical for ~90 dmg, that's not wussies in my books.

Yeah guess it's on different hunting experiences. I now call a Scip. prowler or provider space bull wussy :p.

Yeah guess it's on different hunting experiences. I now call a Scip. prowler or provider space bull wussy :p.

you must presume the lowest, experienced players would already know pretty much what and where ;)

lol, i didn't know there were 4 types of Thorofoid :ahh:

just goes to show u can learn something new everyday :D

lol, i didn't know there were 4 types of Thorofoid :ahh:

just goes to show u can learn something new everyday :D

No, I'd say there is only one kind of thorofoid.
Though, the four mutant kinds are related.

My guess is that the plot is somehting like this:
Before the "big nuke", thor* was a separate people group, the same way as umbranoids and calamusoids (before they mutated). By reading the descrtiption of marber-tango, it's probablt likely that thor* stemmed from the first wave of settlers, and they are the most "civilized" grup (as the it states that clubs come from "crude factories"). While the umbranoids (well at least until last VU) has lived a s single group, the thor* has instead specialized in different professions.

I think the four people group simply is like this:
Thorofoid/Thorafoid: Peasents. Normal inhabitants.

Thorifoids: Rulers/Guards/policemen patrolling the area. Their "wand" looks a bit like the "star club" the police in Iceland used some time ago. Also, as cops in movies say "freeze" to the bad guys, thorioids to the same to what they see as intruders (us). Also some of their titels suggest things like "dreamer" (visionary politician), "gatherer" (gather the people), "seeker" (scout), "watcher" (looks out for intruders, that is "humans" who appear to distrupt the peace).

Thorios: Hardcore and brutal soldiers, as their maturity suggest. No fancy mindforce and maybe not the brightest guys, but physically fit (they run pretty fast) and simple but robust weapons to defend their territory. While Thorioifds just go for people who act provoking, thorios aggressively defend thor* territory from all enemy (which since the "nuke" include us "normal humans").

Last edited:
omaigod, I am a troll, I like killing poor unprotected farmers :(

New Name - Thorio Male

As of VU 14.1 this Mob has been renamed Thorio Male, with new maturities. I'm not sure of all of them yet, but at least these:

Servant (L8)
Nomad (L9)
Farmer (L11)
Herder (L11)
Laborer (L12)
Butcher (L13)
Defender (L15)
Housecarl (L15)

:beerchug:
Miles

Last edited:
Status