Throwing down the gauntlet

Soooo I got 1k peds (if we count markup) from artrats challenge.. just not the way most people would have figured i woulda got it.... below are tt values only for 10k cycle.

Comprehensive Summary

Decay: 10,204.22 Peds
Loot: 11,014.55 Peds
Results: +810.33 Peds
Returns: 107.94%
Runtime: 31 Hours 23 Minutes
Globals: 47

Thank you for following through with the challenge, and thank for reporting your results so diligently, I hope future challengers will follow you example. Glad to see you got some good returns (and not only because it means I don't have to pay you :silly2:.)

Let's just throw a conspiracy in the works now ... Gz on your returns Sam.

But ... Will someone try to do the same without starting a thread about it where MA has no idea that they are doing it :)

I knew someone would bring this up eventually :D. If someone would like to take the challenge "incognito" so to speak, they are more than welcome to do the challenge and post the screenshots / results after they are finished. The only proviso is that the screenshots from before and after each run must show date and time so I can check against Tracker etc. No need to register here until after you're finished.

But just a reminder that the runs should be consecutive (I don't mind if you exclude activities in other professions in between), so no picking and choosing the bad runs :).

Thank you for following through with the challenge, and thank for reporting your results so diligently, I hope future challengers will follow you example. Glad to see you got some good returns (and not only because it means I don't have to pay you :silly2:.)

It was a pleasure bro, I wasnt going to take your ped if I lost anyways :). It was fun. I was thinking of keep going actually. Lets make it a 20k ped cycle? Thoughts?

It was a pleasure bro, I wasnt going to take your ped if I lost anyways :). It was fun. I was thinking of keep going actually. Lets make it a 20k ped cycle? Thoughts?

Sure, if you like :)

Good challenge m8 ... my own results and not just my mining log currently show that you will receive 93%-95% back in long term hunting or mining... I dont really know where ppl come up with 60% or less ave returns ??? maybe one run or two but the 100%+ return runs will always push it back to the magic 95% number.

Also dont see why ppl are so eager to prove you wrong :) If you do 10k cycle and get 60% or less back you will have lost 4k peds???... just to win 1k peds from a bet... whats the point???

1. Quite some actually know that it's not possible normal activities and try to prove that.
2. And some do a simple math. If the overall return is 90%, and you manage to get <70% back, you get the 1k + you will get to 90% anyway.

Tbh I know how to do this, beacons if that is allowed.
Also dont see why ppl are so eager to prove you wrong :) If you do 10k cycle and get 60% or less back you will have lost 4k peds???... just to win 1k peds from a bet... whats the point???

1. Quite some actually know that it's not possible normal activities and try to prove that.
2. And some do a simple math. If the overall return is 90%, and you manage to get <70% back, you get the 1k + you will get to 90% anyway.

Tbh I know how to do this, beacons if that is allowed.

Or 10k ped amped runs :) ... bound to get a 70% return sooner or later

Hallo.

Hallo.

I am a lvl 24 Miner and would like to post my result in your post for the next month. I dont relly care about the 1000 PED reward you do offer.

My setup will be

Orefinder 105 (Maxed) Nothing to boost it.
The deomonic excavator
No armor.
110 between drops planet side.
55 between drops on FOMA/hell.
No duble bombing.

Ill do runs of 150 PED and try to do 3 runs every day.

Would it be okay to Mine Hell/Foma. ?
If not is Calypso/arkadia fine ?
Should i stay to 1 type ore/enmatter ?
How much would you like me to Cycle before result is okay?

Also this will prove if ther is a personel loot pool. Then i should loose all off it fast. Did just in this week hit a 3.5K claim and also a 1.7k crafting Hof. (Lets see if MA Track how much thay give to avatars .)

Regards.
Lana Manjana Lullaby (In game name)

Last edited:
Hallo.

I am a lvl 25 Miner and would like to post my result in your post for the next month. I dont relly care about the 1000 PED reward you do offer.

My setup will be

Extractor 101 Standard TT Finder.
No armor.

Regards.

Why don't you use the deomonic excavator instead? It is cheaper than that TT extractor you will be using... at least until MA notices it and fixes it :)

~Danimal

Why don't you use the deomonic excavator instead? It is cheaper than that TT extractor you will be using... at least until MA notices it and fixes it :)

~Danimal

Hi cool,

Ill change the excavator :D

regards.
Lana

Hallo.

I am a lvl 24 Miner and would like to post my result in your post for the next month. I dont relly care about the 1000 PED reward you do offer.

My setup will be

The deomonic excavator
No armor.
110 between drops planet side.
55 between drops on FOMA/hell.
No duble bombing.

If not is Calypso/arkadia fine ?
Should i stay to 1 type ore/enmatter ?
How much would you like me to Cycle before result is okay?

Also this will prove if ther is a personel loot pool. Then i should loose all off it fast. Did just in this week hit a 3.5K claim and also a 1.7k crafting Hof. (Lets see if MA Track how much thay give to avatars .)

Regards.

Hi Lana,

Thank you, I think it will be good to see a mining challenger :).

Any planet is fine, and you can do ores/enmatters or both. Foma/Hell is also OK as long as you're not using amps. I would like to ask that you stick to one planet for the duration of the challenge, but I don't mind which one. Similarly if you're going to mine FOMA or Hell I'd prefer if ALL runs where on FOMA or Hell. Switching activities too frequently is one of the reasons that I believe can lead to poor returns.

The 10k ped cycle is fine unless you're going to be using amps bigger than level 5, but if I read your post right you're intending to do it unamped? So this shouldn't be an issue anyway.

Good luck to you!

You can keep your 1k but I'll give you my numbers from 02.06.12-today. I'm in a shitty period so didn't hunt much but I've far over your 10k limit for the experiment. This is numbers from hunting and mining.

29217,86ped spent pure tt
19117,74ped tt return
65,43% average return.

You can keep your 1k but I'll give you my numbers from 02.06.12-today. I'm in a shitty period so didn't hunt much but I've far over your 10k limit for the experiment. This is numbers from hunting and mining.

29217,86ped spent pure tt
19117,74ped tt return
65,43% average return.

Those are indeed some bad numbers :(, similar to the numbers I was getting on CP with UL non-sib. Are you willing to share what your main hunting/mining setup is?

Those are indeed some bad numbers :(, similar to the numbers I was getting on CP with UL non-sib. Are you willing to share what your main hunting/mining setup is?

It has been about 1/3 of each of the current setups

Mining: 105 finder and lvl 5 amp
Hunt1: doa rockjacker, imp fap and gremlin/angel armor
Hunt2: genesis telsa ul, imp gap and gremlin/angel armor

Worst average is the mining with mid 50's and both hunting setups I basically get the same from.

Reactions: Cly

Worst average is the mining with mid 50's and both hunting setups I basically get the same from.

Curious with the hunting items: do you use plates routinely, or just plain armour?
And with the Rockjacker, do you use scopes / amps?

Thanks for sharing. You have nice equipment :)

I had a <50% return cycling 1k peds worth of probes + a few level 2-5 amps. It happens often enough in short samples. The problem is that this game is built around short samples. No loot pool = simple slot machine return.

The fact that MA pretends this is not gambling is horseshit. Sure, you may be able to sell your loot to other PLAYERS for more than it's worth. But that simply takes money from the player, not the house. All MA guarantees is that they will take your money. They may give you the opportunity to take money from other players, but that's about it.

Curious with the hunting items: do you use plates routinely, or just plain armour?
And with the Rockjacker, do you use scopes / amps?

Thanks for sharing. You have nice equipment :)

Using mostly plates when I even use armor. Since I fap pretty cheap I sometimes hunt with rather low protection and on some mobs even naked. I use scopes and lasers on the RJ. For this month I've used dante pretty much all the time. When I'm not in such bad periods I often use evil tho.

Ty :) I just wanted to show a bad period as a example since many doubt that it's possible getting this low for X amount of cycled peds. If the system didn't change very recently there will prolly be something coming to bump it back up where it should be again anyways so this is not a rant of bad loot at all.

H

Any planet is fine, and you can do ores/enmatters or both. Foma/Hell is also OK as long as you're not using amps. I would like to ask that you stick to one planet for the duration of the challenge, but I don't mind which one. Similarly if you're going to mine FOMA or Hell I'd prefer if ALL runs where on FOMA or Hell. Switching activities too frequently is one of the reasons that I believe can lead to poor returns.

The 10k ped cycle is fine unless you're going to be using amps bigger than level 5, but if I read your post right you're intending to do it unamped? So this shouldn't be an issue anyway.

Good luck to you!

i'm not really sure that lvl5's or below on any planet or hell/foma and 10k cycled will always net 70% TT or above.
this is a sample, although shorter, of me mining with lvl2's in a specific area on another planet to give you a example:

costs = 40.14 incl. markup 101.44%
tt out = 1987 PED @ 102.06%
total out = 2108.28 PED
tt in = 1230.57 PED 61.95% TT return

i hope its obvious i changed what i was doing drastically and managed to get my returns back to a more presentable percentage but if i had just kept doing what i was doing i'm sure my returns would of stayed bad. 10K ped on FOMA/hell with lvl5's doing ore only, 3 ped a drop? 4% hitrate? thats only 133 claims, if every claim was a 50 ped global you would be still be below 70% return.

i'm not really sure that lvl5's or below on any planet or hell/foma and 10k cycled will always net 70% TT or above.
this is a sample, although shorter, of me mining with lvl2's in a specific area on another planet to give you a example:

costs = 40.14 incl. markup 101.44%
tt out = 1987 PED @ 102.06%
total out = 2108.28 PED
tt in = 1230.57 PED 61.95% TT return

i hope its obvious i changed what i was doing drastically and managed to get my returns back to a more presentable percentage but if i had just kept doing what i was doing i'm sure my returns would of stayed bad. 10K ped on FOMA/hell with lvl5's doing ore only, 3 ped a drop? 4% hitrate? thats only 133 claims, if every claim was a 50 ped global you would be still be below 70% return.

If it was impossible, nobody would try. I'm not trying to prove that it's impossible, just that these returns are not as common as people think.

Also to clarify, the level 5 amp limit is for planetside only. If someone wants to amp on Foma, imo that's going into gambling territory, and I'd ask for a much bigger cycle (proportional to the size of the amps used).

Just so people are aware, minim was mining none planet side. I think you need to cycle large amounts for amped mining none planet side to get closer to 90%tt returns. (sorry to hijack bud, but it is important info, unless i am wrong of course ;) )

Rgds

Ace

I had a <50% return cycling 1k peds worth of probes + a few level 2-5 amps. It happens often enough in short samples. The problem is that this game is built around short samples. No loot pool = simple slot machine return.

You joined in February, you are playing 5 hours a day and you are using level 2-5 amps? You are nuts.

The fact that MA pretends this is not gambling is horseshit. Sure, you may be able to sell your loot to other PLAYERS for more than it's worth. But that simply takes money from the player, not the house. All MA guarantees is that they will take your money. They may give you the opportunity to take money from other players, but that's about it.

Do you understand what "gambling" means? Either as a general or legal term?

Just so people are aware, minim was mining none planet side. I think you need to cycle large amounts for amped mining none planet side to get closer to 90%tt returns. (sorry to hijack bud, but it is important info, unless i am wrong of course ;) )

Rgds

Ace

It's correct. All was done in Hell. I was thinking to continue but after hearing about friends reaching the same avg. as me after closer to 50k cycled I decided that my ped card was not big enough for the unkown Hell turnover needed if there even is something bumping it back.

lol, gratz minim!

Ty. Do I get something for the achievement? :yay:

I had 600 ped return of 1500 spended so I guess its possible to do less than 70% :) It feels worse now that I know for a fact that i wont be compensated for my losses in the future :p

I'm not trying to prove that it's impossible, just that these returns are not as common as people think.

... not in your experience perhaps?
MiniM is using imp fap and some angel, imagine my returns over the past bad loot period(s) with the extra defense decay? :(

I had 600 ped return of 1500 spended so I guess its possible to do less than 70% :) It feels worse now that I know for a fact that i wont be compensated for my losses in the future :p

Aye, and that to me makes it gambling unfortunately (all the personal interaction, trading/pilot/healing/... opportunities aside don't change that fact one bit, the core of the game is gambling afaik unless MindArk comes back with a 'oops, dev2 note was ehm bugged, here's an update').

PS. I'm not trying to make EU look bad or misinform ppl, i just don't see how it's not gambling the way it is, and i'm looking for solutions. Cfr. my other post for a suggestion to MindArk:

No compensation for losses? Where is your vision? Personal lootpool makes much more sense, keeps players happy, you could even attract a real bank (if MindBank was trashed as a path to follow) to use the deposits to generate profit, making the game a unique advertising front for what is actually a bank account (with the assurance that you have the right to recup deposits minus what you spend on markup) ...

But anyway, i seem to diverge, i'm logging my hunting atm, not horrible atm, not great, mining is below 70% though (without amps).

Last edited:

That is a fair point, my own experience is what I have to go on unless people show me evidence, hence the challenge :).

Ty. Do I get something for the achievement? :yay:

Next time I'm on calypso I'll fap you for two hunts free of charge :)

MiniM is using imp fap and some angel, imagine my returns over the past bad loot period(s) with the extra defense decay? :(

Don't get too hung up by minim's results. While terrible, a large part is from playing incredibly stupid. :dunce:
I think it's a good reminder to the OP that he shouldn't be too careless with his offers because 10k turnover isn't that much for some people. And those people should look at a 100k turnover at least :)

Im pretty sure i can prove it but i dont want to loose 2k peds :) thats not really my playing style either...There are for example mining areas that i know of that u get less that 70% return...FOMA has periods that are terrible and its easy to spot those terrible moments as well....But it would be much harder to hunt with more than 70% returns, If I would try i would go for melee thats for sure...

Don't get too hung up by minim's results. While terrible, a large part is from playing incredibly stupid. :dunce:
I think it's a good reminder to the OP that he shouldn't be too careless with his offers because 10k turnover isn't that much for some people. And those people should look at a 100k turnover at least :)

Working on it ... 100k that is. Ill post myhunts soon. Ive decayed another 6k since my 10k was done :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkIijD0fZzyhdGVLbFdtOGpMb0p3MkhxSm04S2l5TVE#gid=1

I also think... that the point of the people taking the challenge should not be to prove artrat right (or take his money), it should be to prove that you can get 90% tt returns ... if you hunt smart!

Of course i am putting words in artrat's mouth. But that is the primary reason I took the challenge. To show 90% returns or better... on an LA (which i have my own assumptions about that one)

Respectfully,

Sam

Next time I'm on calypso I'll fap you for two hunts free of charge :)

Agreed on the turnover part. But hunting "stupid".. It worked before (and it might still do) :D

The "enough samples" part is key. Spending 2000 ped in drops, for example, is basically 10 level 5 amps. If you are dual dropping, that's roughly 30 drops per amp, or 300 drops total. At a 5% hit rate on foma/hell, you'll get a total of 15 hits. If you globalled every single time, 100 ped each, that's a total of 1500 ped return, or ~75%.

Back