Throwing down the gauntlet

yeah i know...but with less than 50% returns its not very tempting to continue :)

Accepting the Challenge

I am going to give it a go but it wil be slow and may end abruptly depending on how fast MA sucks up my ped.

Here is a run I did today that is basically a normal run for me and by no means the worst. My favorite run was 100 ped with 20 ped back at Shinook area - did 2 runs of 50 ped each first one gave me 5.20+/- few pec and second 50 ped run gave me 15 ped +/- few pec.

I will do mining using a 105 finder, TT finder, TT extr and will try to avoid all mobs. I will try to track decay but prolly wont need it tbh.

I cannot do any certian ped runs because i am not going to deposit to do this a MA has proven they only care about certian few people and dont give a F about most others. I will try to do 100 ped per run but untill i sell my gear i have maybe just about a few 100 ped of crap I can TT.

Just want to be sure I offically acepted so i can ofset some of my losses.

here is my first run - but I will start a thread as soon as I can.

Run 1

90 ped probes
58.32 ped loot
64.8%
Overall spent 90
Overall back 58.32
Overall return % - 64.8%
105, TT finders
TT extr
Uber hit of the run - a whoping IX (get that ever few 100 ped i lose)
mark up - N/A TT in - TT out is all that matters
Globals - WTF is a global ??

Will upload a pic of the loot as soon as I can figure out how - as I never had any good reason to upload a pic in a lonnnnnng while.

gauntlet_challenge_run_1.jpg

Last edited:
I am going to give it a go but it wil be slow and may end abruptly depending on how fast MA sucks up my ped.

Good luck to you :). It doesn't appear as if anyone else is giving the challenge a go at the moment so you can probably take your time. I realise 10k is a lot to cycle unamped, so just keep going and if there are still no other serious claimants in a few months (and your returns are still bad) then we may be able to work out some sort of partial award.

I am assuming your avatar name is Davie Fatboy Bronx?

If that is you I'm afraid I will have to ask that you make your EntropiaLife profile public. I apologise if you'd rather not, but as that is really my only independent source of data on your returns I have to insist.

Good luck to you :). It doesn't appear as if anyone else is giving the challenge a go at the moment so you can probably take your time. I realise 10k is a lot to cycle unamped, so just keep going and if there are still no other serious claimants in a few months (and your returns are still bad) then we may be able to work out some sort of partial award.

If that is you I'm afraid I will have to ask that you make your EntropiaLife profile public. I apologise if you'd rather not, but as that is really my only independent source of data on your returns I have to insist.

Hey im still here! But... 93% of the last 40k peds :)

Hey im still here! But... 93% of the last 40k peds :)

Haha, yes, I haven't forgotten about you :). Your return rate doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon though.

Im still up for doing it on the eomon. I should have done it by now but peds are tight at the moment and it will not be easy calculations as im needing to craft on clicking between runs. When the eomon come I plan to do 1kped ammo runs with gear at full TT for easy calculations

yup thats me - and if i can sell enoguh stuff ill try it but with so little left not sure i can get the 1K-1200 ped i think is min i need to do runs

so anyone want Ghost armor (never use it anyway I like Gnome :) )a few 5b plate, and mining skill ? lol

thanks for the reply

Im still up for doing it on the eomon. I should have done it by now but peds are tight at the moment and it will not be easy calculations as im needing to craft on clicking between runs. When the eomon come I plan to do 1kped ammo runs with gear at full TT for easy calculations

Great :), I'll probably have to stick to longtooth though. I was hoping to have some more hp by now, but I think Eomon will be a step to far for Ghoul + 2600 at the moment :(.

Great :), I'll probably have to stick to longtooth though. I was hoping to have some more hp by now, but I think Eomon will be a step to far for Ghoul + 2600 at the moment :(.

Teaming is the way forward on those I guess. Surprised you're using 2600 and not UR125.

Teaming is the way forward on those I guess. Surprised you're using 2600 and not UR125.

Embarrassingly I do not have the skills :(

What is embarrasing, is that you feel so unsure about short-term loot that one have to cycle 1000 USD to get the coveted.. 70%+?

Average Joe starting this game and reading this will do... :scratch2:. 50-100 USD starting sum should be MORE than enough to prove the 90% or even 80% theory, in any sane world of people not having an oil well behind their back garden. Depo 3-4 times more than any online game / month, expect to play several hours per day.. I am wrong?

What is embarrasing, is that you feel so unsure about short-term loot that one have to cycle 1000 USD to get the coveted.. 70%+?

Average Joe starting this game and reading this will do... :scratch2:. 50-100 USD starting sum should be MORE than enough to prove the 90% or even 80% theory, in any sane world of people not having an oil well behind their back garden. Depo 3-4 times more than any online game / month, expect to play several hours per day.. I am wrong?

I think 10k ped is just a guideline. What really matters is x amount of mobs killed. So this could be just as easily be a challenge of 200 peds on puny mobs. But seeing that a lot of people want to do 500-1k hunts the sample size would be too small.

Please try 200 ped puny mobs. Eventually, puny/shinki.

All in all I'm off for a week.. have fun you 90%ers you!

I'm sorry you feel embarrassed.

What you say is absolutely true, however the challenge is open to a wide range of activities, and I know from personal experience that there are many mobs where 1k ped is not enough to show 90% average return. If all challengers agreed to hunt small mobs that would be fine, but for sure most of the loudest complainers on here are not hunting argos at twins (nor would they, even to prove a point.)

The challenge has been met by Raven Lunchbox Palehorse who recorded a 64% return on 11k ped TT cycled on Eomon.

My thanks to Raven and anyone else who has taken the challenge seriously (particularly Sam). I think that a few people have been encouraged to look at their loots more closely, and I hope some of them will continue to do so and share their results with the rest of us.

The details of Raven's runs are shown here https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?229280-Lunchbox-Log-Running-the-Gauntlet.

Raven has met the terms of the challenge and I am satisfied with the evidence he has presented. I think it is worth noting however that it required 6 10k runs on a 5k hp mob to come in under 70%, and that his overall return rate for 60k cycled is 87.6% roughly.

I do wish that a few more people had taken up the challenge on medium-sized mobs, but as it has been a month and there have been only two serious contenders, I'm happy to call an end to it at this point.

As of now, the challenge is over

On a personal note this challenge has brought me into contact with quite a few people in game that I may not have met otherwise, and has generally been quite a positive experience :).

Again I would like to encourage as many people to track their returns as possible, even if it's just in general ammo + repairs vs TT loot at the end, which only takes like a minute of your time. You really will see that your returns are not as bad as you think they are.

The challenge has been met by Raven Lunchbox Palehorse who recorded a 64% return on 11k ped TT cycled on Eomon.

Raven has met the terms of the challenge and I am satisfied with the evidence he has presented. I think it is worth noting however that it required 6 10k runs on a 5k hp mob to come in under 70%, and that his overall return rate for 60k cycled is 87.6% roughly.

I do wish that a few more people had taken up the challenge on medium-sized mobs, but as it has been a month and there have been only two serious contenders, I'm happy to call an end to it at this point.

The activities must be reasonable

Its your challenge so your choice but i doubt im alone in questioning how reasonable it is to be solo hunting eomon however good his gear seemed or his skills are compared to most. Especially considering it was 10K runs, as you see his 60K cycle shows a much more reasonable return. This is graphically illustrated by the fact that he had a defensive cost of about 13% as people already mentioned in his thread, i dont consider that hunting thats MMA wrestling :p
i hope he isnt going to collect that "prize" from you i think that would be most unfair, and with his skills i dont doubt he knew this before starting :)

The challenge has been met by Raven Lunchbox Palehorse who recorded a [...] return rate for 60k cycled is 87.6% roughly.

I'm confus... :scratch2:

5k mob and 60k cycled
it's cool someone made the effort and logged the returns on eomons, but seems like a bit too small sample size to make solid conclusions for that mob.
i mean, i've always believed the loot swings are dependent on the mob size (not only that, but still).

I agree that 10k ped is a small amount for eomons, but still...u dont get comensated for lost peds so why would it be higher %:age after 60k peds? Im only beeing a bit ironic now but nothing sais it will be higher.

I agree that 10k ped is a small amount for eomons, but still...u dont get comensated for lost peds so why would it be higher %:age after 60k peds? Im only beeing a bit ironic now but nothing sais it will be higher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution_about_the_mean

That is why it would be higher :), assuming we are correct about the 90% mean. The more peds cycled the closer he will get to 90%. Tbh I don't think he is that far off already, especially considering the high defensive costs associated with a mob like Eomon.

It has nothing to do with compenstion for personal costs, it's just pure statistics.

Yeah i know, as i said i was beeing ironic. But it doesnt mean its 90% for everybody or at least we dont know :)

The challenge has been met by Raven Lunchbox Palehorse who recorded a [...] return rate for 60k cycled is 87.6% roughly.

I'm confus... :scratch2:

The challenge was to get a tt return of under 70% over 10k PED cycled. RLP entered 6 times, on the 6th 10k PED cycled he got a return of 64% 'winning' the challenge. The combined return for all 6 attempts was 87.6%.

The challenge was to get a tt return of under 70% over 10k PED cycled. RLP entered 6 times, on the 6th 10k PED cycled he got a return of 64% 'winning' the challenge. The combined return for all 6 attempts was 87.6%.

Has the OP paid up yet?

The problem is longtooth return rate imo. Bugged/or-something-like-that

You can't have 30% TTR on 1K peds run on others mob ( or if you realy doing shit @50peds decay armor/mob )
50% can happen but very rarely. :silly2:

Good man +rep

Hopefully you now realize the 90% return belief is just a myth :wise:

and that his overall return rate for 60k cycled is 87.6% roughly.

Nope, I'm afraid it has only further confirmed it for me :). Eomon and Longtooth just require a much larger cycle :).

I've been planning to post some graphs of my stats from the last 6 months, and will do so as soon as I have time. It makes for some interesting reading. You can very clearly see where I changed my approach and the impact that it had on returns :).

Our return rate is far more under our control than many would like to admit. What I think guys like Joker fail to realise, and what guys like smilgs and Danimal do; is that ~90% of 100k is a lot more ped lost than ~90% of 10k. If you cannot offord to lose 10k a month then don't cycle 100k, simple :).

The game costs what it costs, there is very little uncertainty about it if you play by the rules. Some might say that it costs too much, but that is a different argument. The 90%ish rule is there.

*Usual disclaimer* Just my humble opinion of course.

Nope, I'm afraid it has only further confirmed it for me :). Eomon and Longtooth just require a much larger cycle :).

Does that mean your gonna throw down the gauntlet again by offering a 2k reward?:silly2:

LOL If you want to play you best deposit your whole check first if you expect to get some sort of return:scratch2:Wake up and give your head a shake,and realize you will be playing with yourself soon enough! Welcome : To the Most Expensive Game on the Internet! Where you have a chance to . . . Where you have a chance!!! :dunce:

Back