Thule from the outside

Kpeters

Stalker
Society
Antipodean Army
Konrad "KP" Peters
Though I should share some pics of what Thule looks like from the outside :)

Thule from the outside (just a huge block floating on the sea)

Connection lost :/ feel from chopper

Look from sea level

Ahh so this is what you were on about last night :) thanks, makes more sense now.

What is Thule?

Nooo, you destroyed all the magic! :cry:
I specially didn't fly too high in vtol while being there, to not see non aesthetic bounds :D

P.S.: for those who don't read release notes, Thule is the new new-arrival zone, temporarily accessible to old players by using the televator on PA's balcony. Huge, awesome and full of noob missions.

Thule is the new new-arrival zone, temporarily accessible to old players by using the televator on PA's balcony. Huge, awesome and full of noob missions.

And no way out!

Just a warning, if you take a look there, complete the mission chain and go back to Calypso, don't try to enter it again.

I did it, to help a soc mate finding there a trade terminal and now I'm stuck in this place. The guy who will bring you to Calypso at the end, does not speak with me anymore. It's not possible to leave this area through space, no teleporters on the island... nothing.

Support case sent to bring me back to Calypso. So far no response.

Ciao, Armin

Aandar gave me a tip to leave this zone again: Just do a relog and the pilot at Spaceport Helios will talk to you again.

Last edited:
And no way out!

Just a warning, if you take a look there, complete the mission chain and go back to Calypso, don't try to enter it again.

I did it, to help a soc mate finding there a trade terminal and now I'm stuck in this place. The guy who will bring you to Calypso at the end, does not speak with me anymore. It's not possible to leave this area through space, no teleporters on the island... nothing.

Ciao, Armin

I found it was lot like thing missions in ways. What i found really confuseing was when your sent to get oil and you have no extractor, but your still able to get the oil from the claims. Also your able craft with out bp or book or materails.

And no way out!

Ciao, Armin
I did this last night because I left my Sleinir at Thule, and thought I was stuck as well. Talk to the guy at opposite end of the entrance, at Spaceport Helios? or something like that. He will let you go back to Caly.

Just by the name of the place, I thought maybe it would get me out of Thule...and luckily, I was right. ;)

Talk to the guy at opposite end of the entrance, at Spaceport Helios? or something like that. He will let you go back to Caly.

The guy who will bring you to Calypso at the end, does not speak with me anymore.

I was going to return there today to make a video, but after shaefer's warning decided not to do it. Anyone else has successfully returned from a second trip there?

I was going to return there today to make a video, but after shaefer's warning decided not to do it. Anyone else has successfully returned from a second trip there?
Just relog and the NPC will talk to you again. :)

Just relog and the NPC will talk to you again. :)

Hiya!

Thank you for the tip! Yes it worked. Logged in today again, went to Spaceport Helios (69265,70057) and talked to Lieutenant Smith again. He brought me back to Calypso again.

Ciao, Armin

Are there any secret missions/achievements on Thule? I did the obvious ones and I think I got them all. It is so awesome that they gave us a car and rocket launcher :yay: and the old rifle to display in our apartments. MA is getting the beginner experience right. Thule has a wow factor that is not overwhelming and demonstrates most everything.

Is there any compelling reason to stick around after completing the chain?

EDIT: Did anyone else have an extra Old Rifle after completing the Mission? I have one left over and put it in my apartment. Were we supposed to have an extra one?

Last edited:
Did anyone else have an extra Old Rifle after completing the Mission? I have one left over and put it in my apartment. Were we supposed to have an extra one?

How did you manage to get more than one? (providing you don't mix up the Old Rifle with 3 rifles from another mission)
My the only one I'm going to put in apartment too :)

How did you manage to get more than one? (providing you don't mix up the Old Rifle with 3 rifles from another mission)
My the only one I'm going to put in apartment too :)
If you swing by your apartment stop by mine and see what I am talking about. It says it is a quest item in the information tab. I put it on the display panel on our adjoining wall :)

If you swing by your apartment stop by mine and see what I am talking about. It says it is a quest item in the information tab. I put it on the display panel on our adjoining wall :)

They give you that old rifle so you can sell it on the TT to get peds for synth ME.

I kept it and bought the ME simple as that :)

I guess you did the quest where you need to obtain Mind Essence, and you either had ME with you or bought it with your peds. But if you was a real newcomer, you would have to tt the Old Rifle to have peds for ME :)

They give you that old rifle so you can sell it on the TT to get peds for synth ME.

I kept it and bought the ME simple as that :)

I guess you did the quest where you need to obtain Mind Essence, and you either had ME with you or bought it with your peds. But if you was a real newcomer, you would have to tt the Old Rifle to have peds for ME :)
Yep, I guess I used the ME I had on hand to complete the mission :cool:

It doesn't tell you that the quest item went into your inventory where furniture and vehicles go. I kept mine too and just purchased the 100 ME. They don't tell you that ME is not the right name though. It is called Synthetic ME in the trade terminal. Too bad they don't add how to make ME from sweat in the tutorials.:girl:

The process I think is lacking the most explanation is crafting.

The process I think is lacking the most explanation is crafting.

In the beginning we did have a complete crafting mission in "Rifles Assemble!" but we decided to simplify that mission a lot and just let the player get to recognize a construction terminal. We took this action because many of our testers found the crafting process to be a bit of a brick wall in terms of making progress through the gateway.

In the beginning we did have a complete crafting mission in "Rifles Assemble!" but we decided to simplify that mission a lot and just let the player get to recognize a construction terminal. We took this action because many of our testers found the crafting process to be a bit of a brick wall in terms of making progress through the gateway.
I can agree with this to a point. Back when I was first starting out almost 2 years ago, I was required to craft an item the "normal" way, and I was very confused. But the reason I was confused, if I recall correctly, was because the process was not explained well at all. Perhaps you could try having a tutorial with your testers that guides people through the process step-by-step?

That's true...perhaps you can have an additional full size crafting mission only for the new comers that want to get into it?

I know introducing someone to EU is not easy at all there is so much to learn, but if you look at it now they have the gateway back when I joined you just popped randomly with no idea how to move!

So well done.

I can't enter thule?
when I click the door to go to Thule it simply takes me back to calypso?

Should work with the televator, it's located on the "landing pad" where the flags are (balcony).

Should work with the televator, it's located on the "landing pad" where the flags are (balcony).

I will try when I get home from work.. but I don't recall having seen a landing pad.. just the cryopods, and at the end a marine telling me to open the door to Thule.

I will try when I get home from work.. but I don't recall having seen a landing pad.. just the cryopods, and at the end a marine telling me to open the door to Thule.

He is talking about the PA's balcony, with a circle in center (the "landing pad").

gateway.jpg

He is talking about the PA's balcony, with a circle in center (the "landing pad").

gateway.jpg

When you click that it doesn't give you a choice if you want to go or not. Once clicked you go.:eek:

When you click that it doesn't give you a choice if you want to go or not. Once clicked you go.:eek:
and you might crash if it doesn't download all the info, lol. Just logged back in and all was well though.

Now im intrigued by the other place which cryopods and which door? :scratch2:

Back