• Disagree

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • I like voting without an option.

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

NOJ8

Dominant
Oblivy NOJ8 Orb
/edit: 3rd option was suppose to say opinion*(mod edit if you feel like it)

I have been interested in the Tier Upgrader profession since it was introduced, even skilled it for a while before the change. (Now with 771 natural points in Tier Upgrading skill, not bad I think)

I thought up an idea! I have already sent it in as a suggestion via support(I apologize if you feel im wasting their time). At the same time I am curious if the community would in fact like this idea(I dont see why not).

Tiering cost and speed is being worked on(or so they claim) so add more work? :D

Simple. Read, and vote.

"I would like to make a suggestion about using Tier rates further. I think higher Tier rate items should break enhancers slightly less often then lesser rate gear.

As an example I will use the rates from my "Omegaton Detectonator MD-50" as fallows Tier 1-10: 73, 171, 77, 88, 80, 103, 149, 123, 144, 120.

Basically what I am saying is, Tier 1 on the example item of 73 would have lesser influence in allowing enhancers to last longer then (for example)Tier 2 with 171, Tier 2 would have a higher influence in allowing enhancers to last longer, since the number is greater(the Tier is more valuable)

This in my option would give items with "better" tier rates more value then "slower" items(of the same kind). What happens when 2 items are tier 10(both same items by comparison). When both items are tier 10, the item with better tier rates would have more value then the same item at tier 10 with slower rates. Making things more interesting!

Obviously I dont think enhancers should break faster then they do currently for slower items, but having a nice item that is more efficient even tho its the same, would be really cool, not only for myself. I am sure the community would appreciate a nice "boost" if you have great tiers!

Give it a thought! :)"

I like it. Pisses me off no end when hunting and burning heaps of Enhancers, yet the tier doesnt move at all. Calypso weapons are bugged in this respect. My evidence is that all my Arkadian weapons, even with TIR of 39 still move up, yet my ML35 with TIR of say 130 is dead in the water. MA has a lot of shit to fix in this VU coming. Everyones patience is at its end, this is their last chance to fix stuff.

I think, higher tier rates let it tier quicker, however i dont agree with making high tier rates even better...

I think higher tier rates should break enhancers more compaired to lower tier rates, so something that takes forever even more has extra value once it does actually tier...

Making higher tier rates with an extra bonus of effecientcy punishes everything of low tiers.

I think, higher tier rates let it tier quicker, however i dont agree with making high tier rates even better...

I think higher tier rates should break enhancers more compaired to lower tier rates, so something that takes forever even more has extra value once it does actually tier...

Making higher tier rates with an extra bonus of effecientcy punishes everything of low tiers.

I appreciate your feedback! Altho it is seemingly opposite of my opinion, it could work aswell. Makes being more efficient easier to achieve since crap tier rates are easy to come by.

With that said, I would still rather higher tier rates boosted. Also based on the bolded part of your reply, it seems you also agree the rates should at least in some manner effect enhancer breakage!

Tier rates are simply an almost meaningless quantification of the systems actual performance. Actual tier increase depend on a huge number of factors, not just the tier rates.

I can't count the times that I use a L weapon, all with tier rates over 1k, and some of them it goes very fast through, but then it gets stuck on say tier 6 (which is over 1k too) and simply barely moves like its a tier rate of 10. This is especially prevalent on new weapons, as I believe that the game tries to save some tier HOF'S for other people.

That being said, if they kill tiers for any reason at any given time on a certain weapon, it is either because that weapon had a built in tier kill, OR there is another limiting factor (i.e. MA only allows a certain amount of tier levels per weapon.) I know people majorly stuck on certain tiers with high weapons, and maybe it is just b/c, for example, in my case, MA has not decided to allow another T7 Urban Stalker into the game.

The tiers aren't the whole picture...so what is? We will never know. But, yes, having tier rates mean something a little more understandable and a little more black and white would be a great thing.

(...)
(...)
I would rather sign under this than OPs idea. Extra rewarding high tier making it more eco would be no good. Example:
adj fap with tier 3 and tiers 20, 20, 20, ... would be worth same as tier 0
while adj fap with tiers 170, 170, 170 would be worth at least tier 0 + cost of tiering + 3k

Basicly adding extra bonus on "eco" related to tier numbers is no good - this will make setting price tag on items much harder than it is now.

What i would change is: making enhancers non random breaking.

So player would know how much "charges" are left on each enhancers and how many of those "chareges" are used by different weapons (which is fact that enhancers break with different break rate on different weapons).
Of course there is new problem "how to make enhancers stackables and keep the charges".

Anyway - untill the random facotor is eliminated i am not using any of them enhancers so mayby i should not take vote.

Falagor
:bandit:

Just seen this thread, but I would add something.

I got MD-50 with very low tier rates. 1 month ago it was tier 0, now it is tier 8.8
I may agree with your idea of enhancer breakage, but not when both reachs tier10. Thats a harder job for me with lower tier than for you. I think to be fair reaching tier 10 (any item/tier) should have a bonus of getting maybe 50% enhancer breakage. That to encourage people in tiering and have competition. In exchange, getting this bonus at tier 10.

Just my 2 pecs :)

I got MD-50 with very low tier rates. 1 month ago it was tier 0, now it is tier 8.8

:eek: 1 month from 0 to 8.8. We must surely speed it up so it can be done in a day or two ;)

Seriously guys, tiering items and weapons are fast enough if you use the item. Armor is a bit tricky to tier but I really don't see a big problem with the tier speed on any item. It should be rewarding to those that hunt a bit and can get tiers in. Why expect that everyone should be running around with a T10 item?

A change to enhancers was proposed when they were first introduced - make them stackable and work like ammo so that one gets used each time you use the weapon or tool.

Armour tiering has always been a problem and tbh I can't remember that last time I got a tiering message on my Gremlin.

:eek: 1 month from 0 to 8.8. We must surely speed it up so it can be done in a day or two ;)

Seriously guys, tiering items and weapons are fast enough if you use the item. Armor is a bit tricky to tier but I really don't see a big problem with the tier speed on any item. It should be rewarding to those that hunt a bit and can get tiers in. Why expect that everyone should be running around with a T10 item?

Oh, I've used the crap out of my gun and the tier rate hasn't moved at all. You just haven't been frustrated with being stuck on a tier.

My guess is that tier rates work like this:
When you move up a tier, MA rolls the dice to lock in the odds of getting to the next 0.1 with each shot. So if your tier rate is 50 then your chances could fall anywhere between the 1-50 "rate" for that next 0.1 and if your tier rate is 2000 then your chances could fall between the 1-2000 "rate" for that next 0.1. When a tier is "stuck" it just got a 2 or 3 "rate" for the next 0.1 which I guess is like a 1 in a billion chance of tiering up. Which IMHO is very stupid.

I strongly disagree. Items with low TIR rates shouldn't be penalized twice. Remember how TIR were introduced, another fucking lottery from MA. IMO all existing items before TIER era should have had neutral states (eg : 100 TIR on every tier) and TT ones the same. One could argue that EU has become nothing more than fucking lottery loot, TIR and more recently skill gain, but that's only cause MA doesn't stick to their words and prefer to listen fucked up ideas.
Yes , i scared to think that someone from MA read your fucking support suggestion and will please you in some way while they blatantly close serious bug reports.

tier rate speed

They have not done crap to increase tier rates. To get the tier to move .1 on my Adjusted mini sweeper I had to kill over 11k argo's at an average of 7 trigger pulls per kill that's 77000 trigger pulls for a weapon with a 67 for a tier rate. That's over 11550 ped of amo thru the gun to get it to move.

They have not done crap to increase tier rates. To get the tier to move .1 on my Adjusted mini sweeper I had to kill over 11k argo's at an average of 7 trigger pulls per kill that's 77000 trigger pulls for a weapon with a 67 for a tier rate. That's over 11550 ped of amo thru the gun to get it to move.

So what? 11k ammo isn't more than a day of hunting for grinders. Making it easy to tier would mean that it's just tier cost that keeps everyone from having a t10 gun. Let the tiers be rewarding for those who actually play.

I like the idea.
But they first need to fix calypso weapons! Got a t7.2 doa lm with 93 tier rate and I've blasted about 150k ped ammo without it moving.... Sad!

So what? 11k ammo isn't more than a day of hunting for grinders. Making it easy to tier would mean that it's just tier cost that keeps everyone from having a t10 gun. Let the tiers be rewarding for those who actually play.

It actually works out to 17.11 hours of just holding the trigger down that's a bit much for anyone in my book especially when the tiers have moved up 3 times with less amo use in the past.

I like the idea.
But they first need to fix calypso weapons! Got a t7.2 doa lm with 93 tier rate and I've blasted about 150k ped ammo without it moving.... Sad!

Mine is the same way put more then 40k amo thru it and it won't move.

Mine is the same way put more then 40k amo thru it and it won't move.

With all respect some hunters me included can put 10k ammo per day through a gun and sometimes they move once a month, imagine if it moved even faster how booring it would be as all items reached tier 10 fast and then what??to tier the stuff must be an achievement really hard to reach if you ask me.....

I have 2 tier10 guns and I miss the feeling of longing for the tiers to move

/Linz

With all respect some hunters me included can put 10k ammo per day through a gun and sometimes they move once a month, imagine if it moved even faster how booring it would be as all items reached tier 10 fast and then what??to tier the stuff must be an achievement really hard to reach if you ask me.....

I have 2 tier10 guns and I miss the feeling of longing for the tiers to move

/Linz

Hmmm you people should be proud of the fact you are able to deposit enough to be able to sit in an online game for hours every day and " Grind " and have no real life... Enjoy ;)

Hmmm you people should be proud of the fact you are able to deposit enough to be able to sit in an online game for hours every day and " Grind " and have no real life... Enjoy ;)

You just went full-bore dipshit with that comment. Hope you were fucking kidding.

I'm sorry I dind't think of that your using a peeshooter but it was to set an example. This comment is showing your complete lack of knowledge btw. For Linzey to blow trough 10k ped it will take around 4 hours of shooting in event tempo. Imagine a booring sunday doing 10-12hours robot event that's blowing trough 25k ped... You make it sound like you have to have no real life to play 4-5 hours/day but there is those who can play at work or have work schedules involving a lot of time off in periods so it's really not a biggie to do that and have lots of time spare to other things.

Back