Tier Rate Impact on Wepaon Value & RPice Check

MrFatBoy

Dominant
Davie Fatboy Bronx
How much does having 180+ tire rate impact a weapons' value. Not talking about high end just regular weps. For example i have a Philo sword at t2.42 with 183/200

I been looking at every on i can find in auction and not one has had close to 183 - not sure it is it the highest or even one of the highest in game but anyway my thinking is it should have a higher value?

Thoughts on impact of 183 tier rate and value?

there are equations you could consider but its all useless with these things. The price is "more" but the "more" value will never be an equation. It's all in the emotional brain juices of the moment.

a philosopher sword is used to grinjd esperience to some bigger swords to save Armatrix MU
it is a "commodity sword" that historical is about 250-300 ped ,
a 40.7 base dps item means 28 effective damage (luckily fits a T4 amp)
hunters overgrow it soon so the tier up is really for someone that love to upgrade because
2.8 more dps are really a negligible benefit.
even full pimped at t10 it is a 56 DPS and at T10 that item would last 5 minute before repair
imho in the case of philosopher the only use of tier is for economy or accuracy enhancer to boost dpp
i dare to say that TIR rate is meaningless for this one (as per many other items)

a philosopher sword is used to grinjd esperience to some bigger swords to save Armatrix MU
it is a "commodity sword" that historical is about 250-300 ped ,
a 40.7 base dps item means 28 effective damage (luckily fits a T4 amp)
hunters overgrow it soon so the tier up is really for someone that love to upgrade because
2.8 more dps are really a negligible benefit.
even full pimped at t10 it is a 56 DPS and at T10 that item would last 5 minute before repair
imho in the case of philosopher the only use of tier is for economy or accuracy enhancer to boost dpp
i dare to say that TIR rate is meaningless for this one (as per many other items)
i was fairly sure it was not gonna be much but based on your explanation than tier is useless for almost all items - i cant really disagree as i could care less about using a high tier wep just didn't want to sell for less than what its worth if i sell it i'd be happy at 300-325 ped for it.

I like this wep at my level it works and HP gain is faster than ranged weps(as it is for melee). Repairs is no big deal to me either bur yea i can see how some people don't like that - good thing there are portable repair units :)

Thanks for the reply!

than tier is useless for almost all items - i cant really disagree as i could care less about using a high tier wep
i refer only to TIR (tier increase rate) (how fast tier increase)
Tier is important when you reach a level that it has no upgrade without or for some special situation
i tier up my barbarella for fun, maybe one day will get T10
if you hunt long sessions, TIR rate 1/200 or 199/200 means few.. one day will rise to 2.99 and you will face price jump... that is the decision point if tier up or not.

Back