Question: Tier Upgrading skill removal and compensation

Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
So.... In Dev Notes #21 we were told that the Tier Upgrading profession was going away, and MA told us:
Tier Upgrade Profession
  • Given the change to the item tiering process described above, the Tier Upgrader profession will no longer have any purpose, and will be removed completely in early 2020. Any remaining Tier Upgrading skill points will then be converted to their corresponding Tier Upgrading Skill Implant value and compensated at a markup of 20000%.

Did you confuse 2020 for 2021 or what? because "early 2020" is far in the past now and I still have all my skills, and no compensation in sight.

Will we ever be compensated or was it all BS?

@My|MindArk @Ludvig|MindArk

Last edited:
If you put the skill on auction you will be compensated.

there was a time in early 202 where "ma staff" bought implants ppl have put into the auc....then it was paused then resumed a bit...now...?
yes the compensation part without putting implants in auc is missing ...correct

So they remove the profession and say they will buy implants, but then we need buy an ESI off someone at 1000% mu (or whatever the current rate is) first to extract?? Perhaps they should have put a special ESI in TT that only works on that specific tier upgrade skill so everyone can do it.

While I believe it’s better than just leaving people with a dead skill and saying “suck it up buttercup”

that they should have just skipped the esi step and at the tier VU release credited everyone with the value removed the skill and moved on.

That being said, I think the change of the system is overall net good, so we shouldn’t get too hung up on it.

They did include a feature in Ped Flow Center for compensations but after that nothing. Wonder what the reason is for that. :p

So they remove the profession and say they will buy implants, but then we need buy an ESI off someone at 1000% mu (or whatever the current rate is) first to extract?? Perhaps they should have put a special ESI in TT that only works on that specific tier upgrade skill so everyone can do it.

that was only for the part when ppl wanted to sell it before MA does it automatic

the second option in their "release post" was ...it would be automatic and you dont need to do anythin

They did include a feature in Ped Flow Center for compensations but after that nothing. Wonder what the reason is for that. :p
That feature is not new and has little if anything to do with the tiering skills. It is used my MA when they need to compensate a player for financial loss caused by a bug. I did a claim some years ago (can't remember detail now) and was given ped through this section of the ped flow centre.
That said however it would be the logical and simple place for them to buy back our tiering skills

I don't feel we should just let this rest.. we were told it would happen, by their own words they owe players ped, failure to deliver is simple misappropriation. Please MA don't use Covid as your excuse, early 2020 pre-dates lock downs and you have in any case continued working, technology is wonderful we can even work from home.

probably will be implemented right after the promise of making UL armor work like L armor if you have enough skills... and that will be implemented right after the space update promised...
6-a: Ventures into space will come in 2005. We hope to bring real time space ship combat with robot ships and other space living entities. Asteroid mining will also be a part of it. I envision a major star ship with a crew of 100 people all manning various functions of the ship, like engineering, guns, torpedos, strategic command, shields, power distribution, hull repairs, etc, allwoing for major epic battles in the sky.

Last edited:
That feature is not new and has little if anything to do with the tiering skills. It is used my MA when they need to compensate a player for financial loss caused by a bug. I did a claim some years ago (can't remember detail now) and was given ped through this section of the ped flow centre.
That said however it would be the logical and simple place for them to buy back our tiering skills

I don't feel we should just let this rest.. we were told it would happen, by their own words they owe players ped, failure to deliver is simple misappropriation. Please MA don't use Covid as your excuse, early 2020 pre-dates lock downs and you have in any case continued working, technology is wonderful we can even work from home.
Ah ok, for me It poped up there after the promise at least, more exactly in march 2020. ;)
I have 7 rows with zero value there but never had a value in any of those.

I agree Mindark needs to get in on this.. i remember saying why would i buy an esi when they're just going to compensate it anyway.....

This was my logic too, but the possibility of it being a total lie didn't cross my mind :)

Since we are the trusting and let-down party waiting, I would suggest to offer us an alternative next to compensation in pdes = get the same tt in any other skill :)
(probably my only reasonable way to get final skill below, glamor, to 2k+ :D)
but seriously yeah this has been stretched for too long - time to do it MA
This was my logic too, but the possibility of it being a total lie didn't cross my mind :)

after reading this post i had to check my skills i can say my tier upgrading skills are back to 1 ,,, no compensation that ive seen or no message saying it was removed or compensated ,, wtf

Ps. id settle for that ATH i been looking for for over a decade :D

Dan Petrov was selling last week or 2 weeks ago a tier upgrader skill implant in AH and the MA guy was there with bid just under 20k%.

Community manager ... ???????????
'the fk? some comments with apology at least will be nice

What comepensation do you expect? you had your chance to sell your tier upgrader in auction @ 20k% MU. A lot of ppl sold like that. Why didnt you?

What comepensation do you expect? you had your chance to sell your tier upgrader in auction @ 20k% MU. A lot of ppl sold like that. Why didnt you?

Have you even read the official announcement? I took the time to quote it, link it and even bold the relevant parts for you in the first post of this thread.

That's what they said, so that's what they should do. And that is why this thread exists.

Have you even read the official announcement? I took the time to quote it, link it and even bold the relevant parts for you in the first post of this thread.

That's what they said, so that's what they should do. And that is why this thread exists.

Not reading any MA giveaway threads because in the end we pay for them so its kinda bull__it. Never expect anything from em for free, its a bait.

Y'all missed the boat. Auktuma has been around long enough to know MA makes and breaks promises, so he acted fast. We all saw his skills on auction the day they announced it. I think he was right.

Don't think I don't know that :)

I'm just bumping on principle (MA should keep their promises, I have nothing to gain from this).

bumping on principle is a dangerous operation, I got some threads locked in past and very recently for it :)
I'm just bumping on principle (MA should keep their promises, I have nothing to gain from this).

I sometimes wonder whether anyone could convince MA to put in some kind of penalty clause into their own promises for when they fail to deliver. Maybe then the correct term wouldn't be when they fail but the slightly more preferrable if they fail.
But then again, they'd probably break any promise to honour said promise as well unless they managed to hardwire it into vu code in some way at the time the promise was made.
That said, I break promises to myself quite a bit, play things down and tell myself something was just an intention to do something that didn't turn out that way. Do you think MA might suffer from that; should it be protected from itself (by someone)?

Back