Question: Tier Upgrading skill removal and compensation

Would be interesting to know why they didn't finished this, if there is an effect they hadn't realised should happen
if some skill is removed.

They probably have too much on their plate, from bug fixing to the new User Interface.
And a lot of of other things, like new armor system and "whatever that needs to be done prior that".

The thing is they had no issue at all to split one MF skill to several skills, but can't remove one skill.
I'm interested to know why they can't remove this particular skill. If that was their intention at all ....

they'd probably break any promise[...]Do you think MA might suffer from that

Definately.
If MA wasn't as reputable as an [insert ethnic minority prejudice here] used car dealer, I had deposited thousands of dollars more than I actually did.
Scaling this up to hundreds or thousands of PE players over the decades, MA's balance easily could be millions US$ higher today than it actually is.

MA's meager credibility to investors and the playerbase is a problem dominating the company since many years.
Everyone but MA itself seems to be aware of this problem.

Last edited:
Instead of self punishing maybe it should be more like positive rewards for completing goals. You know like, depositing when it looks like the game has a future.

Instead of self punishing maybe it should be more like positive rewards for completing goals. You know like, depositing when it looks like the game has a future.
It might be that MA simply cannot appreciate the way things could look if they did better; whether viewed as less negative or more positive may make little difference.
How can we, as players, make them notice based on either effect: "I didn't depo this month because of x" or "I deposited this month to thank you for getting y right."?
As I understand it, we have a lot of in-game peds that languish on our accounts randomly in this or that stack, here and there. What if we put a set number of pecs in a certain gift box as a score from 1-100 for how we rate each vu, or in a gift box in a gift box to enable the database to easily identify which boxes are 'score' boxes? I'm not saying MA 'would' check it out.... but they 'could' check it out.

I think we need some kind of non-invasive and non-behavior-changing but still clear sign to wake MA up to all these things that just drag on and on. Someone once suggested all wearing particular clothing when not hunting, I think, but that invades upon fashion and what we would actually like to wear.

We already often have a certain present for pirates when they loot us - the obligatory 1 dung. Maybe we could do something as simple, but with the ability to be positive as well as negative, after each vu. Do any of you ever carry pec coins in your carried inventory, or would that also work as a symbol of satisfaction from 1-100 if the database were to carry out some kind of search? Would the gift box idea make the symbol easier to see or harder? Ideas?

Till 2003 there used to be "Voting Booths" ingame.
MA used them to let us vote on some questions, but i only remember there were polls like 2 or 3 times at all or so.

There are reasons why MindArk removed them and does not use them to ask us customers about our opinion of their product:
MindArk gives a sh*t about their customers opinion.

A mindset change of MindArk is mandatory.
Together with the reactivation of the voting booths:
Serious, painfully self-critical weekly pollings (no self-congratulatory blah-blah PR questions) and published polling results are due.

Let MA allow us to pay 0-100 PECs per answer to attach importance to them, then MA even makes some bucks, and MA sees what matters to us so much that we pay for it.

Last edited:
I was thinking more like invading the stronghold, capturing the leaders, dressing them in mankinis, making them eat sausages until the floor is covered in icecream and then sailing them down the amazon in a big boat made of jello until they change their minds. O wait is this the wierd dream post?

I was thinking more like invading the stronghold, capturing the leaders, dressing them in mankinis, making them eat sausages until the floor is covered in icecream and then sailing them down the amazon in a big boat made of jello until they change their minds. O wait is this the wierd dream post?

That's too much work. I will just force MA devs to sweat with noob avatars in mankinis with the promise that I will buy it at 1 PED per bottle, and then block them.

Orion: Yes, before even my time here there used to be voting booths, but they went the way of so much else.
I think we've reached a point where our opinions need to be shown more clearly, but it shouldn't be so obvious as to put everyone in a bad mood. By that I mean players who just play and don't read these forums.
I want it to be something where MA knows that it's there, but it's not loud. Instead it is the quiet voice of a thousand opinions, expressed as having a gift box with various markers in them - 1-100 pecs for overall feeling, 1-100 shrap for the latest vu, 1-100 of different ammo types for topics A, B and C.

Sentiment can be a powerful thing over time; maybe we can slowly erode MA's impassable mountain of poor performance instead of the steady trickle away from the game (that lessens the effect of new players steadily coming in).
As this post is about the tier skill compensation, topic A could be: How do you feel on a scale of 1-100 that MA still hasn't implemented the automatic compensation process for having removed tiering skills? Please use unlimited ammo for this one. To avoid skewing the results towards people who care giving a low score, maybe select a higher score if you don't really care about this particular topic much. That way two types of opinion can be expressed, as should generally be the case, and it is unlikely that anybody is wildly happy they haven't kept to their own announcement.

I hope this idea is considered to be a good one, even if the chance is only small of it growing into something strong. Instead of shouting, give them the (almost) silent treatment! ;).

In Dev Notes #21 we were told that the Tier Upgrading profession was going away,

Bertha Bot said:
Tier Upgrade Profession
  • Given the change to the item tiering process described above, the Tier Upgrader profession will no longer have any purpose, and will be removed completely in early 2020. Any remaining Tier Upgrading skill points will then be converted to their corresponding Tier Upgrading Skill Implant value and compensated at a markup of 20000%.

No where was it mentioned that we only had a short window to do this in. I would really like to see this happen.

They either want us to give up on this, or they don't know what to say. I'm not sure which one is worse, but I've seen Ludvig reading this.

So much for improved communication eh? this thread is 5 months old already...

Trust in MA -1

They can remove it tomorrow, just the whole compensation part is kinda sketchy. I think they never looked into it properly and then found out it's gonna cost too much, so the whole idea whas thrown out of the window :)

in RL business even a verbal agreement that is then ignored, is seen as breech of contract, or at the very least miss-selling. To have paid those few early sellers their ped and ignore the rest of their customer base, is to say the very least unprofessional and lacking in foresight. They need customr retention not customers that feel ripped off.

in RL business even a verbal agreement that is then ignored, is seen as breech of contract, or at the very least miss-selling. To have paid those few early sellers their ped and ignore the rest of their customer base, is to say the very least unprofessional and lacking in foresight. They need customr retention not customers that feel ripped off.
They've done that sort of stuff all along since day one. Look at the the history if you can find the hints and clues to it. It's all there in plain sight but many choose to ignore it.

how can you still whine about this, amazing
It is not whining to remind someone of a promise and a moral obligation. MA need to step up and admit it if they got the maths wrong, but then maybe offer at least some compensation to those who showed patience.
If one never complains about problems, inaccuracies, broken promises and omissions, then how is the other party to realise the damage their behaviour causes, the risk to their income and ultimately their jobs that comes with upsetting your customer base., how will they ever improve ?

Silence from them for months should never be accepted as meaning nothing can be done, at least not until there is a clear explantion of why not.

Dear MA you have community managers and communications officer... how's about we see some communication with the EU community. Or if they pay you to sit on your hands, may I please have a job :)

Last edited:
I'll take an equivalent amount of stamina instead of PED for my tier upgrader skills if MA can't afford to pay us all out

They've done that sort of stuff all along since day one. Look at the the history if you can find the hints and clues to it. It's all there in plain sight but many choose to ignore it.
Ever wondered what the psychologists they hired were telling them...

I'll take an equivalent amount of stamina instead of PED for my tier upgrader skills if MA can't afford to pay us all out
Sure.

index.php

IMPROVED COMMUNICATION © Mindark (soon™) @Ludvig|MindArk

I sent a support case about this a few weeks ago and have yet to receive any sort of response to it. Just FYI.

Thanks for deleting my post , i did not know that it was against the rules

Today I talked to an Star (in-game representatieve Zeus) and complained about it .. He said you should have sold via Auction. When I told him that was not what wat stated he said it was already doen .. ?? Still have the proff and no compensation .. He also said that the auction buying was over .. he even send me this :
Tier Upgrade Profession

• Given the change to the item tiering process described above, the Tier Upgrader profession will no longer have any purpose, and will be removed completely in early 2020. Any remaining Tier Upgrading skill points will then be converted to their corresponding Tier Upgrading Skill Implant value and compensated at a markup of 20000%.
  • In the meantime, anyone wishing to convert their existing Tier Upgrading skill points to PED can list Tier Upgrading Skill Implants on the auction and a MindArk Official avatar will periodically (once per week) buy any implants listed for 20000% markup or lower.

Yes .. we all read that but they didn't honour the the first part .. Send another support case ..

Today I talked to an Star (in-game representatieve Zeus) and complained about it .. He said you should have sold via Auction. When I told him that was not what wat stated he said it was already doen .. ?? Still have the proff and no compensation .. He also said that the auction buying was over .. he even send me this :
Tier Upgrade Profession

• In the meantime, anyone wishing to convert their existing Tier Upgrading skill points to PED can list Tier Upgrading Skill Implants on the auction and a MindArk Official avatar will periodically (once per week) buy any implants listed for 20000% markup or lower.

Yes .. we all read that but they didn't honour the the first part .. Send another support case ..
Oh nice! So they ended it without completing their end of the bargain. Waiting waiting waiting. Nice to actually see them INGAME though!

Tier Upgrade Profession

Any monkey with half a brain can interpret that as "When we remove the profession, we will convert your skill into an implant value and pay you 20k%, ALTERNATIVELY you can put this on auction and a rep will buy it at 20k% or under"
There is obviously two pathways here, chip it out now, or let us do it behind the scenes later. How can mindark not acknowledge this? Is it a language barrier? How can they even link you to the direct quote after it blatantly contradicts what they have done and what they told you.
This is baffling.

Back