Question: Tiering Up: Good for all?

Jeoff

Guardian
Society
Brutal Redux
Jeoff Lorani Row
Simple question. Is the tiering system good/designed for all players?

I don't think so. And based on this thread, I think it's obvious.

I believe the tiering system was designed to give every player the ability/option to have equipment that is equal to if not greater then what the "UBER" players are using.

If you have a gun that is considered "uber", why tier it up?!?! Isn't it good enough already by itself? Seriously? If it's worth $10,000+ you know the chance your taking. It's called Common Sense!

(...)
I believe the tiering system was designed to give every player the ability/option to have equipment that is equal to if not greater then what the "UBER" players are using.
(...)

Well i tink it was designed like this but...
You can tweak up medium weapon to be a bit better (mayby as good as one of uber items) but it will be definetly less eco. Enhancers are most eco on uber items because they ad +% instead of +x (constant value). If dmg enhancer would add +1dmg intead of +% - everyone would be using it on TT pistol ;).
I.e i have counted when it will be eco to wear durability enhancer on bodyguard (L) set and if i did not make mistake i got result that enhancers would have to break once per every +80k uses!!! While on rutuba (L) and better armours they might be usefull. I guess its similar with unlimited guns and that is why some people want to take the risk because often +5% to damage means +15% to eco ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

It doesn't need to be good for EVERY player.

However, I do think there are and will be reasons to tier up "uber" weapons. You could add economy enhancers and reduce your costs. You could add more damage for larger creatures or PvP.

I think the only time it's not that useful is for low level players. Since everything is percentage based, low level players don't get that much out of tiering up. It's the high level players that get the largest bonuses and benefits.

Back