Question: Tiering up L armors

anonimity

Stalker
Kayla Mystique Sinclair
i've been buying high tier rate pvp armors off auction for some time now to try to acquire an excellent set of pk armor with all tier 5+ on hermes/eon/infiltrator. so far i've managed to do excellent on some pieces and terrible on others.

just an observation that I seem to notice that hunting min-decay mobs for a particular armor part (like hunting drones or merp in hermes) seems to tier up armor faster than hunting high to max decay mobs.

I have an uber tier hermes shoulder guard currently at 6.8 with about 70 TT left. Tier 7 is the worst tier numbers on it, but it is still 1200. However, I tried hunting legionaire which decay it alot and also hunting drones which decay it very little per hit. I managed to gain 6.0-6.1 after 10 ped decay on the shoulder (which pissed me off alot!) then i switched to low decay and i've been doing merp and it seems that i am getting 0.1 tiers every 2 ped or so decay off the TT.

has anyone else noticed any correlation on L armors as far as tiering goes? is it purely decay based (ie durability enhancers dont make a flipping difference) or is it based on # of hits you take? (ie durability enhancers would make a big difference)

I have a few more armor pieces to tier up that have tiers in the hundreds instead of thousands, but any other input would be nice.

also, does adding plates make an armor piece tier faster?

Durability reduces cost/hit. For the exact influence on durability you should check Doer's thread on how armor works. I'm not 100% sure but from what I remember each 1k increase in durability will add about 1% decrease in decay.

I tier my L pk armors on mobs that do only one type of damage.

Back