Tiny Chat With Marco

Poisonhearts

Stalker
Society
Dark Brotherhood
Poisonhearts Tubgirl Tubboy
Hello everyone. Was having fun in the Entropia Forum chat room when guess who decided to pop in for a tiny little chat, Marco :). Nothing much was said but some questions were asked. Here is some of the chat log.

Took place roughly around 15:30 MA time. Questions are in blue, answers to the questions are in red.

Marco_MindArk entered the room.
Marco_MindArk's new status is 'administrator'.
Marco_MindArk: Hello
Poisonhearts: Hey Marco :)
RazorFire: hey
Poisonhearts: How are you?
Marco_MindArk: I am fine, you?
RazorFire: at work :(
Poisonhearts: I'm doing just great.
Poisonhearts: You're fooling off at work RF :p.
ShadowPhoenix: marco...you're supposed to be a pr dude yet you rarely ever post on the forums lol
Marco_MindArk: SP - I read more than I post.
ShadowPhoenix: can i ask when the next VU is?
ShadowPhoenix: :p
ShadowPhoenix: estimate
Marco_MindArk: SP. 1-2 weeks.
RazorFire: any news on when the vegas ambassadors will be announced officially? :D
Marco_MindArk: This one will be focused on technical stuff mainly. But we have another one planned in December that comes with new content systems. If we can meet the deadlines. ,-)
ShadowPhoenix: hey marco can i ask a couple random questions in a batch?
Marco_MindArk: RF - No, I don't have any info on the Vegas event
Marco_MindArk: SP - Sure, but I may not be able to answer them.
ShadowPhoenix: 1) is there still gonna be a mindforce update, 2) when is china joining up with their planets/continents(they're gonna be on the same world right?) 3) is the cry 2 engine still going to be used for mid next year?
ShadowPhoenix: and ty very much for answering the couple i've asked already :p

Marco_MindArk: SP. 1) Yes, but no ETA. 2) In 2008. 3) Yes, that is the plan. But it is difficult to predict any deadline as there is a lot a work that needs to be done when we upgrade to the CryENGINE2.
RazorFire: have you had a go at crysis :p looks really good, cant wait for the engine implementation
ShadowPhoenix: can i make one comment marco? make sure the engine scales down enough so that our current players who can play now can play then...
Marco_MindArk: RF - I have been playing Crysis a lot. I think I have made it like 85% through.
chielsen: marco are you going to make a referral program? So say somebody signs up via my link and when he graduates you will receive a bonus (something more useful than all the tt mentor gifts)
Marco_MindArk: SP. That is important for us´. I think that we will learn a lot from CryTek as well as to adjust the engine to facilitate for low end speccs.
Poisonhearts: Marco, will ever be able to fall asleep at normal times? I sleep one night then don't sleep the other.
Marco_MindArk: PH, I believe your sleep habits are a bit out of my hands. ,-)
Poisonhearts: No, you could use those hands to give me a good massage. Would put me right to sleep :).
chielsen: Marco another one then. You will say you want EU to mimic real life, and keep on going like forever. With people constantly skilling up and skills being transfered from one to one other, there comes a point that skills are practically worthless.
Marco_MindArk: brb
Marco_MindArk: back
Poisonhearts: Welcome back.
khalim16: wow WB
chielsen: wv
ermik: marco , you have pm
ermik: and wb :)
Aviril: dam hearts u are fast! LOL
Mystrin: Marco go to work for me plz, WA state
Marco_MindArk: lol
Poisonhearts: yeah, I'm good :).
Mystrin: ;)
chielsen: marco any response on my question/idea?
Marco_MindArk: chielsen, which one?
chielsen: Is it an idea to make you loose skills over time, just as irl
chielsen: Marco another one then. You will say you want EU to mimic real life, and keep on going like forever. With people constantly skilling up and skills being transfered from one to one other, there comes a point that skills are practically worthless.
chielsen: in reverse order ...
Marco_MindArk: chielsen. I could only imagine the uproar and rebellion if we introduced skill decay. ,-) We already have a drain in the system with the 10% loss when you transfer skills.
Marco_MindArk: brb again
Marco_MindArk: have to leave for now, cy later.
Poisonhearts: Bye Marco.
Poisonhearts: Have a great day!
chielsen: bye
RazorFire: bye
Marco_MindArk has left the room.

AHAHHAHA better go buy my feet before ressellers snap all up in next 2 weeks ;)

Go go china :wtg:

Thanks for posting, +rep :)

Shameless plug:
This is why I keep the EF chat open as much as possible, as it happens MA peeps drop in now and then.
:D

Chielsen should be shot for his skill decay question. How dumb can one be giving MA further idea's to make it harder getting to 10/10 which is virtually impossible for ppl started skilling after VU7.4 (me!!).

Other then that, nice interview

Angel

Chielsen should be shot for his skill decay question. How dumb can one be giving MA further idea's to make it harder getting to 10/10 which is virtually impossible for ppl started skilling after VU7.4 (me!!).

Angel

Well, he hit a very important point. Imagine you join a game where it's not possible at all for you to catch up. The current ubers become uber-ubers, some of today's regular people become uber. Total uberance decreases the fun factor as MA would always have to introduce stronger mobs to keep the uber-ubers playing. And when a noob faces a mob and gets a 500 hit that's not entertaining for long.

MA will, actually has to, face that situation and take appropriate action.

Sorry for getting OT there ;)

:topic:

It seems to answer a number of key questions:

1. The VU will come in 1-2 weeks
2. China will link up with us
3. The Mindforce update won't come this year

+ rep and thanks for posting.

cool

i think i read somewere that china are leveling an aria the size of luxembourg to host the server on sounds liek alot of work indeed

nice questions and .. erhhmm i was there :)

// ermik

1 - 2 weeks for VU 9.1 eh? I will believe it when I see it. And... now all the resellers have another card to play when charging stupid prices for foot guards. The hits just keep on rolling.....

cool

i think i read somewere that china are leveling an aria the size of luxembourg to host the server on sounds liek alot of work indeed

Bah i hopen their servers would also come in amsterdam :) Would have to get a bad ping playing on their servers

It seems to answer a number of key questions:

1. The VU will come in 1-2 weeks
2. China will link up with us
3. The Mindforce update won't come this year

+ rep and thanks for posting.

Points 1 & 3 are quite clear, but I would disagree with your interpretation on number 2. The way I read it, Marco says that the China servers will launch in 2008. He didn't answer the question about whether they will be connected/linked to 'our' EU. I still believe that they will not be.

Good of you to share this, and considering it was unexpected those were damn good questions you got in there too :)

did anyone notice that he mentioned new continents here ?

Marco_MindArk: This one will be focused on technical stuff mainly. But we have another one planned in December that comes with new content systems. If we can meet the deadlines. ,-)

Maybe that is what those notes and door thingies are leading to...a new "more familiar world" being a new continent? They wouldn't bother with it if they didn't intend to use it would they?

Rep thingy naturally, and thanks again :)

t

Yes, thank you for posting this. At least it gives us a small bit of information to pacify us for the time being.

Points 1 & 3 are quite clear, but I would disagree with your interpretation on number 2. The way I read it, Marco says that the China servers will launch in 2008. He didn't answer the question about whether they will be connected/linked to 'our' EU. I still believe that they will not be.

As far as the above goes, I totally agree with Oleg. I personally think they are being vague about the China answers because the rest of the EU community is waiting for China to come play with us, and it isn't going to happen. Sorry, just my gut feeling.

And, Timmers, he didn't mention new "continents," he mentioned new content, so there will more than likely be some new stuff to do, or addition to the storyline so far... But as far as land areas go, he wasn't specific on that.

+Rep all around though!

Ratae

Like i said ;it's ppl like you who keep this lurvly forum alive and vibrant:). Ty for the info,i vote you for news reporter (entropiaforum)and planetery spy for planet Calypso.... If you have anymore information regarding the where abouts of my car keys,plz let me know,for i haven't seen em,or my pet bath spider in 3 weeks.
+rep :yay:

VU in one to two weeks and maybe an additional VU in December... now that's interesting information.

Well, there will always be two VUs around Christmas/New Year. One is for "Hello, christmas trees" and the other one is "Goodbye, christmas trees". Apart from that they will probably not have new stuff, maybe some fixes.

Angel

Dude exactly for people like you it would be a great thing. Don't start shooting about things you clearly don't understand.
10/10 is silly, you want to be more skilled than the rest. If MA keeps things as they are you are never going to come near the ubers and at the same time will you skills only loose value.

Chielsen i owe u a smack in the face for proposing skill decay, why would anybody want that?

Good of you to share this, and considering it was unexpected those were damn good questions you got in there too :)

Maybe that is what those notes and door thingies are leading to...a new "more familiar world" being a new continent? They wouldn't bother with it if they didn't intend to use it would they?

Rep thingy naturally, and thanks again :)

t

dude, he said new content, not new continent...

Chielsen i owe u a smack in the face for proposing skill decay, why would anybody want that?

Read my post from above and think objectively:

Well, he hit a very important point. Imagine you join a game where it's not possible at all for you to catch up. The current ubers become uber-ubers, some of today's regular people become uber. Total uberance decreases the fun factor as MA would always have to introduce stronger mobs to keep the uber-ubers playing. And when a noob faces a mob and gets a 500 hit that's not entertaining for long.

MA will, actually has to, face that situation and take appropriate action.

MA will, actually has to, face that situation and take appropriate action.:

Well its fully possible to catch up if you have a big enough credit card, a lot of the biggest ubers in here has chipped a lot to get where they are now.

And for the mob part, I dont think we need to implent a lot of bigger mobs to keep the ubers playing, most of thoose I know of are quite happy with the varity of mobs that can be found today, sure some events with extra big mobs is always cool but its nothing a everyday uber hunts (few exceptions).

And for the noob who gets hit 500 dmg? Well i dont think its very funny to be hit 500dmg by a hog stalker, I wont find it very entertaining iether, and thats why I keep away from thoose. I realy dont see the problem, you want noobs to kill mobs that hit 500 dmg or you want the ubers to get less skilled so nobody can hunt them?

I dont see your arguments as a good reason to decay a players skills :scratch2:

edit: May I add it wont be too cool for people who cant play for a year because RL happenings to come back and see their skills has gotten a lot lower.

ppl stop giving them ideas to swrew up EU further and if they add something like chielsen said I am going to bang the MA's office

ppl stop giving them ideas to swrew up EU further and if they add something like chielsen said I am going to bang the MA's office

So.. you find it entertaining beeing killed in one hit by a hog stalker? :laugh: Less skills would help a lot for sure

So.. you find it entertaining beeing killed in one hit by a hog stalker? :laugh: Less skills would help a lot for sure

hoggs is for ubers, there are snables & daikis for noobs and if u thinks if hoggs can be killed by low skilled players then they are going to loot shit like snables

That was kind of ironic, read the my posts 4 floors up ;)

name one thing MA hasn't swcrewed up since launch of PE.Since few months I have joined there is no proffesion which is going in one way.MA stop screwing up things.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You are obviusly new here, give it some time ;)

We had to wait a bit longer then he said for the VU, but it seems they released some (or all) of the planned content creation stuff.

Doubt there will be another VU this year, probably end january.

Back