Tips for 1st CND trip

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
So you've never been to Club NeverDie but want to go, eh? Here are some tips about major issues that will help you prepare for a great trip.

The main issues we'll cover are:
  • Flying
  • CND quirks
  • Weight Management
  • Mining Gear
  • Returning

Flying
Pilots can be found most often at Twin Peaks. However, they do not fly from there. Most hangers are located at Cape Corinth, North Space Base, Treasure Island North, Fort Argus. So make sure you have these TPs already. Pilots are not warm toward the idea of someone having to make a TP run to get to their ship, and may drop you in favor of a more prepared customer.

SCAM TIP: Do NOT hand over any peds until you are actually aboard the spaceship. Don't pay them at Twin, don't pay them at the TP, don't pay them in the hanger. Pay ONLY on the ship.

Once a pilot is found, you may need to wait a bit, as most pilots prefer to fly with a full ship, meaning 4 customers. (Ask soc mates to come w/ you for your 1st CND trip. This helps fill the ship faster, they can likely show you around, and team hunting is great up there.)

The pilot will add you to their friend's list. They must do this in order to allow you onto their ship. (ONLY the ship owner and those they select from their FL may even board the ship. This is why we pay ONLY when on the ship.) If they didn't add you to their FL back at Twin, and ask for peds at the hanger, RUN!

Once standing on the ship, you will trade with the pilot. Pilot pricing varies, so make sure you know pricing up front. After paying, head to an open seat and double click it to sit down. Once sitting you will find another button either between your legs or on the right arm panel. Double click that and you are ready.

Uh oh. Your HUD (radar and chat box) has disappeared. No problem. Just push your quick button to bring it back up.

Liked your pilot? Add them to your FL, so you can contact them for future flights.

CND Quirks
Here are a few things that might catch you off guard about CND, so prepare yourself.

No storage: CND has no storage terminals. If you don't own an apt., your only real choices for your equipment/loot are: carry it, sell it or drop it.

TPs: No need for TP runs on CND. You'll automatically have all CND TPs once you arrive. The Control room is the main hub. There is also the discos, shopping, and apt. TPs as well as the hunting/mining domes. There's some great scenic views, so don't be afraid to cruise around and take a look.

Auction transport fees: If you place something on auction on Calypso and buy it on CND, you will pay a transportation fee (A big one actually) and vise-versa. Because of this, once on CND, your buying/selling options are limited. If you use (L) weapons/equipment, come prepared. However, if you're stuck without weapons, in the shopping section of CND, you'll find some shops that may offer a selection. Fair warning, do not expect a bargain. This type of buying is a convenience you will pay for.

Miners: There are often buyers in the control room ready to buy your materials. Don't expect top prices.

Crafting: Plenty of crafting stations, so no worries there.

Music: Each dome has music streaming in 24/7. So adjust your music volume in your options accordingly.

Fertilizer room: Just off the control room, you'll find the fertilizer room. Here you can view the current mob settings for each dome, plus see what events are scheduled and even buy tickets.

Slow Movement: Welcome to space. Your speed is reduced. Because of this, getting overweight can make CND a real chore and much less fun. With this in mind, let's move to:

Weight Management
This is actually something you should prepare for before finding a pilot. Since CND has no storage, your gear selection is very important. While item count does not affect your speed, your weight does.

Weapons: Your hunting equipment should be minimal. Don't bother w/ laser sights, and only use scopes on long range rifles. As mentioned above, carrying 80 kg of weapons isn't a great way to go.

Armor: Currently, the mobs found on CND are:
  • Allophyl
  • Ambulimax
  • Atrax
  • Atrox
  • Berycled
  • Caperon
  • Cornoanterion
  • Cornundacauda
  • Daikiba
  • Daspletor
  • Exarosaur
  • Foul
  • Foul
  • Fungoid
  • Longu
  • Merp
  • Molisk
  • Neconu
  • Plumatergus
  • Prancer
  • Sabakuma
  • Snablesnot
  • Trilomite
  • Tripudion

in various degrees of maturity, from n00ber easy to OMFG.

That's a lot of different mobs, so how do you go to CND without dragging 6 suits and 8 different plate sets? Simple: Select one set of armor/plates that will best cover your hunting needs up there. Here are my top armor suggestions in order:

Single armor sets for 1st CND trip (best to worst)
  1. Ghost (11kg)
  2. Gremlin (20.1kg)
  3. Nemesis (16.2kg)
  4. Knight (15.1kg)
  5. Shogun (13.3kg)

Any one of these armors plus 5Bs (2.1kg total) can get you through all the right domes, assuming you hunt at your level, and don't try killing a Daspletor on your 1st trip.

Clothes: Your cool clothes are weight as well. Perhaps you may want to just wear your armor and leave your clothes in your closet. However, there's a great disco and often some cool social gatherings, so perhaps it's worth 4-5kg to be prepared.

Mindforce chip tip: You can't use TP chips there, so you have 3 options for maximum weight management:
  1. Go to CND without chips & mind essence. When you return to Calypso, you will likely be in running distance to a TP.
  2. Go with only your tp chip and enough ME for 1 or 2 jumps.
  3. Go with chip but no ME, and when ready to go, hit the n00b dome and sweat, then go quickly mine some nexus.
Also, unless you're skilling MF, you might want to leave your toys at home. However, don't worry about your implant. Removal and reinsertion costs aren't worth the 1kg. of savings.

Dung/Fruit: Dung and fruit finds on CND are quite sizable. The problem is that you can't drop anything under 1pec in TT value. So if you pickup 300 dung, congratulations, you're officially overweight for the rest of your trip. (rescue tip: It's unlikely anyone will buy your dung, but you can toss them in the TT to "lighten the load".)

Refiners: If you get heavy quick, don't forget to refine those hides/wools/woods/ores/enmatter. I've often run around hunting/mining and when I'm heavy, T back to the control room, waddle over to the TT, buy refiners, refine, TT the refiners back and head back to the dome.

Peripheral equipment: Before heading to CND, check your "pockets". Make sure you aren't flying up with those 5 argo skulls you looted last night. Maybe you decide you don't really need to carry that scanner. (6kg) You can always grab a new one at the TT and sell the unsed amount back if you have to. Go over your personal inventory carefully. Ask yourself, will I really need this for a few hunting/mining runs? If not, give yourself extra room carry even more loot.

Mining Gear
Finders: On CND you'll mostly mine up the typical iron, nexus, oil, lyt, narc, ganga, etc. Because of this you can mine quite well on CND with a simple 211(L) or even TT mining finders.

Excavators: Most claims on CND are bigger, but fewer and farther between. It's quite common to hit 45 NRFs in a row, then strike a 40 pedder. Because of this, CND is great for skilling your drilling. But frankly pulling those big claims with a TT driller is often slow, boring and dangerous. Remember you are surrounded by mobs. Try to go to CND w/ the biggest excavator your skills/ped card can handle.

Amps: As I mentioned CND claims are big and rare. To me, it almost feels like CND is one huge 103 amp. So if you amp up, be prepared to go through 2 or even 3 amps and hit only 3-4 claims at best. Using amps on CND is a b-i-g gamble.

Leaving CND
You had fun but it's time to go. In the control room are the pilots waiting to take you down. However, like I said before, pilots prefer to leave with a full ship, so if you are on during late/slow hours, you may find it hard to leave. You may have to log out and try again when you next log in, or you may want to negotiate VIP rates (read: pay more) to fly solo.

Well, I hope you enjoyed your 1st trip to Club Neverdie. Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Last edited:
Dropping a bomb at a hunters feet in a pvp dome will get you shot :wtg:
Running recklessly through dome droppping bombs hoping mobs will aggro other gd's will get you shot :wtg:
Appearing on that hunter's radar within the next 6 hours after doing the above will get you shot :wtg:
Saying that the above "isn't funny" after repeating offences will get you shot :wtg:
Running around naked will get you shot :wtg:
Being rude, insolent or disrespectful in anyway will get you shot :wtg:
Complaining in any way after committing the above offences will get you shot :wtg: on sight permanently :wtg:

+ Rep :thumbup:

But you didnt mention that chair to the right of ship.. the one we all avoid, which means the NooB gets :laugh:

Then we all sit around for 20 mins waiting for them to work it, and being glad we got the safe seats lol :laugh:

Nice article J.C :thumbup:

Now this is one of those posts I would gladly petition to be noticed/stickied, great work :)

But you didnt mention that chair to the right of ship.. the one we all avoid, which means the NooB gets :laugh:

yeah, the right gunner station. it is rather problematic.

a good piece of advice is that if you know how to work that seat, you should take it and save yourself and everyone else the misery that will drag on as the unsuspecting neophyte struggles to operate that station.

so, in an effort to be useful, here's how to work that chair:

1) pull the HUD button as a health bar.

2) walk up the ramp and stand near the seat.

3) double left click the seat and wait while you avatar vibrates around and eventual becomes seated.

4) operate the health bar you pulled for the HUD (either double left click it or right click and select "operate" from the menu).

believe it or not this works 99% of the time. in the uncommon case when it doesn't, it usually means the pilot has to relog. for some odd reason, when the ship is broken, a pilot relogging will fix the problem.

bonus tips:

once the HUD is up, press the "crew" button to see the ready status of the pilot and other passegers. they'll be green dots if seated with their HUD up and ready to go.

also, you can press "V" (dashboard action) to bring up the regular chat interface, radar, etc. this way you can talk to everyone else with out having to use PM windows.

Really nice guide! Thanks a lot!

Running recklessly through dome droppping bombs hoping mobs will aggro other gd's will get you shot :wtg:
Appearing on that hunter's radar within the next 6 hours after doing the above will get you shot :wtg:
Saying that the above "isn't funny" after repeating offences will get you shot :wtg:
Complaining in any way after committing the above offences will get you shot :wtg: on sight permanently :wtg:

.. and if the miner has higher hp, better armour and a kick ass weapon.. then the hunter best run like fuck... :cool:

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

Nice guide :)

Jaguar's worth considering too, 2.1kg and lots of affordable L floating around atm.

Jaguar's worth considering too, 2.1kg and lots of affordable L floating around atm.

Jag(L) for your 1st trip to CND? :eek: Imagine the decay, due to the low evade level.

Jag(L) for your 1st trip to CND? :eek: Imagine the decay, due to the low evade level.

Well, I'm sure there's a few non-noobs who haven't been to CND :D

But yeah, for a hunting trip its probably not the best. But the more interesting hunting on CND is fairly high-level really, except perhaps the fungy/snable dome and the aviary dome. And for a miner going up, Jag is a decent choice if you can get it at a good price as its the perfect mining armor, imo.

agree jimmy, flew alot of skilled ppl to cnd for thwir 1st time.

+ rep to ya for great guide :)

Would have helped when i first went...why didnt you write it ages ago ;)

gl and all the best,

Indica

Lets all be realistic also, CND is a gamble and to be honest not that great!!! It's worth checking out, but that's about it in my opinion.

Nothing more disheartening than dropping 150 bombs with no return, just remember this!!

Uulwyn

Funny, I do quite well on my trips up there. :)

awesome post m8 i think the only thing u missed is Crds for HoFs/ATH...:rolleyes:

unless neverdie added mobs to dome 7 (i think it was) that place is a miners haven, i didn't global but i got 3 nice oil finds there.

Very nice post, John! You covered all the major items I could think of. I would also vote to sticky this post as a nice beginner guide to asteroid travel!

As to using the right gunner seat, I've rarely had a problem with it since learning how to pull the "health bar" off the button, and trust me, that didn't take long!

Hmmm never been. I think I will do soon just to say I have been there. Thanks for the info.

Let's bump this up.

Nice post. WHen I am ready for my frist trip to CND I will carefully read it again.

also, you can press "V" (dashboard action) to bring up the regular chat interface, radar, etc. this way you can talk to everyone else with out having to use PM windows.

I had no idea about this, and I do fly almost every week, with some slow starts (problematic chair) and missing all the fun in team/soc/normal chat.

Thanx Kira

Lol, glad I'm not the only one that has experienced this (as a hunter). Thanks for pointing it out!:laugh:

nice guide John! + rep coming ur way! :thumbup:

Back