tips to getting armor to tier up?

dargonstar

Prowler
Society
NBK Elite
Dargon Dargonstarjammer Cosmosic
i've been stiiting n water for like half an hour letting ripper snappers chomp on me and i have not seen a single .1 gain. is their some trick like only wear 1 piece of armor or something else?

none official, lol.

But with the change of tiering they also changed how items tier up. Since the change my Gremlin armor parts for example haven't change a single point and suddenly couple of weeks ago, think the shins or so, moved up two points within 30 secs. Since then nada. And I use Gremlin 99% of my hunting time, especially on CP, where you get tons of hits as well.

My marber has moved just 2 points to 1.2 since the change, where as the tiernumer is higher than tier0 and that tier took about a week or so to get to 0.9. And with the steelbird iron challenge and now evis, the marber now even gets used 500% more than before.

Personally I consider it a random event triggered by *shrug*.

tiering is random...you could sit all day in water wating for it to tier and nothing and then go out and have a daiki young atack and see your armor go up in tier...just play normally and it will tier up eventually

really? i did some mining lately and had my en finder tier up from .3 to .9 in about 70 probes..... hmm.

It's all about the money you spend through the item, compared to the cost it takes to tier up. Tier numbers are only a (small) part of it.

So, with armour, smash the biggest plates possible (more total damage = more decay = faster tiers) and go hunt some big mobs. 5B+ 33/33/33 mobs works well. With weapons, big amps, with mining, big amps, etc.

then how would that work with a fap?

You need to hunt more.

As a guide, my helmet is at 1.0, my gloves 1.4, my harness 2.0. All have been used equally. There is a lot of variance in tier checks becuase the probability (especially armor) is so low

It's all about the money you spend through the item, compared to the cost it takes to tier up. Tier numbers are only a (small) part of it.

So, with armour, smash the biggest plates possible (more total damage = more decay = faster tiers) and go hunt some big mobs. 5B+ 33/33/33 mobs works well. With weapons, big amps, with mining, big amps, etc.
Here is my tip; use not the best or the most decaying plates like 5B they can help. But I feel that the plate that has the same protection stats to ur armour would make ur armour tier up faster. Only plate that has all protection stats are 4B, I have not run any tests thus far about that. But wearing similar protecting plates as to your armour makes it tier faster, me & some1 else can verify this to be true.

then how would that work with a fap?
For faps only thing you can do is add heal enhancers and any other tool you have. But for guns you can do something a little different, adding enhancers (mainly damage) using the highest amplifier you have & also the best attachments you can get on the market. All this "extra" decay will tier your guns faster. Why do you think Star has a tier 6 foeripper now? Just saying. Wondered when someone would bring this up :p.

Hope our tips can save the day for your tiering.

Unlimited armour just doesn't tier up as far as I can tell.

OK, that may be an exaggeration but sometimes it sure as hell feels like it doesn't :D

See Immortal's post above - getting even to 2.0 is insanely difficult, the most prolific hunters in EU have barely got beyond this. I'm not sure if anyone has got a whole set 3.0 yet and I'd be interested to see a list of parts that have had a Tier 3 HoF, I imagine it would be very short.

Iirc the only piece I have at 2.0 is my Shogun Harness, and anyone who knows how much I hunted Drones for 6-9 months after tiering was introduced will have an idea of how long that took.

PS Sitting in a bunch of Rippers, Merps, Atrox, whatever, is a waste of time in every respect, it's not 2005 any more :D

well before i stopped last night i finally got the pixie shin to 0.1, that took awhile thou but I'm getting some first aid skill ups while doing this...... very boring, since auto use tool shuts off once your healed.

I pretty much never play anymore, except to login and screw around a bit every couple months. My hunter armor has all reached 1.0 give or take a little. My EK-2350 and EK-2900 have both tiered very quickly, but my FAP-50 hasn't moved much at all. Not sure what the secret is, but I am kind of suspecting that the decay theory is correct.

My angel thigh M UL has been at tier 1.8 for over 3 months. :(

It simply doesn't move no matter how much decay I do. I've hunted with it from scips to impact only mobs.

I have no idea what else to try.

I pretty much never play anymore, except to login and screw around a bit every couple months. My hunter armor has all reached 1.0 give or take a little. My EK-2350 and EK-2900 have both tiered very quickly, but my FAP-50 hasn't moved much at all. Not sure what the secret is, but I am kind of suspecting that the decay theory is correct.

Therfore it may also be dynamic and/or the more damage and ped spent there is expotential of tier increase.
This raises the question of waste.
If you dont tier when you have it due, are you consequently wasting potential tier upgrades OR can they be cumulative?
i.e downs tools when reaches a tier and goes on strike until upgrade is fulfilled:silly2:

It simply doesn't move no matter how much decay I do. I've hunted with it from scips to impact only mobs.

look at your chat file and count the tier-ups on your other pieces over the same time period

look at your chat file and count the tier-ups on your other pieces over the same time period

At the moment it is the only UL armor part I use since I need high impact protection armor. It's been so for over 2 months since I move to Muluk-Hir in pvp4. On top of that I don't have a log of the chat spawning that far away :(

Unless something has changed, I believe that different mobs hit different armor parts more frequently, don't they? Maybe you aren't getting hit on the thighs as much? What has decay been like?

Unless something has changed, I believe that different mobs hit different armor parts more frequently, don't they? Maybe you aren't getting hit on the thighs as much? What has decay been like?
I wonder if wearing only one armor part would increase the chances the mobs would decay that one part so you might get faster tiers? I doubt it since they'll just kill you faster, but since EU is dynamic, who knows?

lol i have the exact same problem with my Phantom Thigh M. And now other parts starting to get closer to 1.8 and then they stop moving.

cheers

Back