Info: Tired of Sweating?

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
Face it. Sweating is long, boring work. It was made that way on purpose. It was never meant to be the main way to get started in this game. It's more of a "try it before you buy it" thing. Sweating just enough to afford a TT weapon, fap and ammo if needed to go try your first hunting. Plus getting initial helpful evade skills.

But to spend days upon days sweating isn't really needed.

Simply deposit $10USD and you'll get ~96 peds that you can go have fun with. That's plenty to buy beginner gear and get started.

What is depositing?
Depositing is simply giving money to MindArk (MA) and they place the money in the form of peds on your avatar's pedcard.

How can I deposit?
There are multiple ways:
  • Credit Card
  • Bank Debit Card (with MC or Visa logos on them)
  • Ukash
  • Pre-paid credit cards (available in many supermarkets/stores)
  • Paysafecard
  • Paynova
  • Direct Bank Deposit
  • Etc.

Once your CC/debit card/etc. is registered with MA, you can even make deposits directly within the game.

How much ped will I get?
The ratio is 10 ped to $1 USD, so a $10 deposit = 100 peds

The credit/debit cards and direct bank deposits carry a slight fee. it's not MA getting those fees, it's the bank or credit card issuer getting their cut. However, after those fees, MA gives a solid 10:1 $:pED ratio. So after fees you actually get ~96 ped for $10 (fees may vary slightly).

At today's rate of 5 ped/1k sweat, 100 peds = 20,000 sweat. (96 ped = 19,200) How long would it take you to sweat that much?

Can I deposit more than $10?
Yes, you can deposit more, but $10 is the minimum deposit possible.

Only deposit as much as you are willing to lose. Consider it entertainment funds and you'll be fine.

Can I get my money back out?
Yes, you can also withdraw money directly from MA. The minimum withdrawl is 1,000 peds.

For more info about making deposits, see the Deposit FAQ at MA's website.

This thread is meant for those newcomers who have not been informed of the option of depositing for their entertainment. While selling some beginner armor recently, I found out that many new players aren't even told this is an option. They litterally think everyone starts out just sweating. No wonder so many new players get frustrated and leave.

Consider: A good day sweating is what, 500 sweat? Even 1,000 sweat is 5 ped or $0.50. Working hard all day, you made 1/2 a dollar (or less). Shouldn't you value your entertainment time more than that?

Last edited:
And you can still sweat after depositing to keep the cost/hour down or even turn it to a profit.

sweathunt is the new players best friend.

Not a bad post should be stickied or put in your sig ;)

Warning!

Yes depositing can aid your game play a great deal and a lot of doors open for you....
But and this is a serious warning, it is easy to forget that depositing those Peds is real money and it is easy to get carried away when in the middle of a hunt or running out of materials when crafting. Set a limit and stick to it. Assume everything you put in is lost and any return is a fun bonus.
:wise:
Enjoy the game and the gamble ;)

Well written. But newcomers should not forget to inform themselves before buying crap for it. This is a RCE, which means you have to consider what to buy or not pretty much like in RL. Some things you can buy improve what you are doin and some items don't. Beeing well informed doesn'T guarantee better results, but will save you some frustration.

Have fun

Useful guide!

If you withdraw, they take a 1% fee:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I think any avid gamer that plays this game for at least a month should put a minimum of $50 in. That's what I did to start with. I played for about a month, saw the potential of the game and it was entertaining to me, so I put money in. I figured that was the cost of a new Xbox game, and I'd certainly put enough hours already into EU that I would've put into one of those games.

500 ped can go a long way too, if you play it right. So not only are you "paying" for the month you already played to try it out, but now you've extended your play time even further with a $50 deposit...

And you can still sweat after depositing to keep the cost/hour down or even turn it to a profit.

sweathunt is the new players best friend.

Also very true.

Great post btw, + rep!

Very good post.
I don't think I want to see another newbie say that they cannot deposit...lol

If you withdraw, they take a 1% fee:
Also if you deposit, expect a 3% loss from MA's bank... and probably a 3% loss from your bank, especially if it's an overseas transaction... So expect to loose around 7% or more.. If you use a prepaid visa card since you don't want to give MA your debit card info... you'll be paying even more since a 100.00 prepay card costs about 6 dollars above 100.00 or so... and a 25.00 one costs about 3 or 4 dollars more.... but the prepay cards don't usually have that 3% from your bank going bye bye... so it's a bit of a wash if you buy pricey prepay cards... just make sure to use the cards that are not domestic only, and don't use the green dot ones either since they are all domestic only I think.

or just think big and expect 15% losses before anything is on your card so that you will be happy with whatever does end up on there.... and maybe that'll give you the incentive to be smart and stingy with your money.

Also if you deposit, expect a 3% loss from MA's bank... and probably a 3% loss from your bank, especially if it's an overseas transaction... So expect to loose around 7% or more..

Absolutely incorrect. I, being in US, only lose 3.5% if I use my bank card. Well far away from the 7-15% you state.

And as I said, there's ways to depo that get you the full 100%.

Depositing is a pretty smart thing to do... but only after the player has gained a full weeks worth of knowledge about how the game works. Otherwise theyre likely to buy settler and a great big longsword -- plus some flashy attire -- only to discover that their longblade lasts about a half hour and theyre outta peds to fix it!

:D

removed post as previous post was removed.

Absolutely incorrect. I, being in US, only lose 3.5% if I use my bank card. Well far away from the 7-15% you state.

And as I said, there's ways to depo that get you the full 100%.

What bank are you using and what are those ways?!?... The only way that I've read about on the forum involves some bank number that only is used in Europe - IBAN or something like that... Here in the states we have routing numbers instead... US banks don't have that special magical number as far as I know, and if they do, how do you get it?!?

A nice little guide here, well done.

So many noobs, mainly younger players complain about being unable to deposit because they have no credit card. A guide like this, with all the many options laid out shows that there is no excuse not to deposit if you have the funds available!

Depositing is a pretty smart thing to do... but only after the player has gained a full weeks worth of knowledge about how the game works. Otherwise theyre likely to buy settler and a great big longsword -- plus some flashy attire -- only to discover that their longblade lasts about a half hour and theyre outta peds to fix it!

:D
:scratch2:

Rather broad assumption, not all new players dive in like that. I had learned that kind of stuff before even installing the game. {deleted} Some of us actually do some reading first.

Last edited by a moderator:
What bank are you using and what are those ways?!?... The only way that I've read about on the forum involves some bank number that only is used in Europe - IBAN or something like that... Here in the states we have routing numbers instead... US banks don't have that special magical number as far as I know, and if they do, how do you get it?!?

According to MA's Withdrawal FAQ:

What is BIC(Swift) and Routing Number?
BIC (swift) is a Bank Identifier Code. It is the unique identification code of a particular bank.

A Routing Number is also a code that identifies a specific bank.

Contact your bank to get the information you need to give us for a successful international transfer to your bank account.

As I understand, the routing number is used in place of the swift.

I'm also aware of some people who made arrangements to mail in international money orders to MA and made their (admittedly rather large) deposits that way.

Depositing is definitly the way to go. At least if you want to enjoy the full potential of EU.

Depositing is definitly the way to go. At least if you want to enjoy the full potential of EU.

Exactly, hopefully people take notice of this thread!

People with other currencies will lose the 3.5% at MA's end and will usually get slugged another exchange rate fee from their banks end as well.

Personally i get a ~$7Au fee for a $200usd deposit so its around another 3-4% fee. But this will vary from bank to bank, and will most likely be 0 if you are in the US.

So ending up paying 7%+ in fees for people that live outside of the US or on other currencies isn't uncommon. I would feel pretty hard done by if i was getting slugged 15% though, and would definitely start looking for another way to go about it :/

Intresting...

Not bad thinking but don-t forget that in some countries 10 USD is the medium mountly salary for a ordinary worker... so in EU you can meet players they just can do evrything else just depositing NO! I am sure that keeping free this game is the best solution for the future of the Calypso Community!

Just to clarify:

I'm not saying folks have to deposit. If you choose not too, that's fine. It's your choice.

This thread is simply to inform new players that there is quicker, easier options for getting peds other than sweating.

As long as they know that option exists, that's great.

As long as they know that option exists, that's great.

i doubt any noob will find this thread earlier than the deposit option :laugh:

personally i will not deposit again until ma dosnt do their homework --> improve the game/ make it affordable to play on a decent level with 200-300 $/year for a normal player

i doubt any noob will find this thread earlier than the deposit option :laugh:

That may be, but I wanted to do something at least, and have no intention of spending my time shouting @ Swamp Camp/Nea's.

However, for those that mail their deposits in (and I think the direct bank deposits, I may be wrong), they get the full 10:1 ratio.
Anybody managed to do that? If I lived in Gothenburg I might try going to their offices and giving them a ten dollar bill....

Not bad thinking but don-t forget that in some countries 10 USD is the medium mountly salary for a ordinary worker... so in EU you can meet players they just can do evrything else just depositing NO! I am sure that keeping free this game is the best solution for the future of the Calypso Community!

Absolutely true. Myself, I enjoyed playing as non-depo-er for almost a year and also in the beginning I only depo-ed once every few months a small amount.
I managed to keep playing and skilling with it. I admit, I was mostly hooked to swunting and the saved peds usually went to mining.
Of course, being now above level 22 for hunting and mining not seeming to work that well anymore (unless amp-ed, maybe), my non-depo-ing days are over.
Let's also not forget those that start sweating and and go for 100PED to then continue with trading. ;)

You could make money faster busking in the subway.

Infact you can make more money busking than you can in some low wage jobs.

An other tips from Aandarian is -> gather some sweat learn the trade basic.

Deposite 100 $ -> trade untill you got 1000 ped profit and withdraw that.

But you still have peds ingame and play on..

But wel I've never managed to achieve that hahahahahah

so -> anyone buying sweat? me got 5K .

Anybody managed to do that? If I lived in Gothenburg I might try going to their offices and giving them a ten dollar bill....

Doesn't work, sadly. Asked an ex neighbour who was in the MA PR sales department back in the day.

A few centuries (or so) ago, a real life friend gave me 200 ped restart cash and I gave him equivalent real cash. Was around 04. Back then it got me an imk2 and some other junk.
(Then I took 2 years off and got the gun back in ped tt value:laugh:)

Consider: A good day sweating is what, 500 sweat? Even 1,000 sweat is 5 ped or $0.50. Working hard all day, you made 1/2 a dollar (or less). Shouldn't you value your entertainment time more than that?

I have the same point of view, i find that completly useless.

and this thread also opened my mind as Ciuciulix had a point with...

Not bad thinking but don-t forget that in some countries 10 USD is the medium mountly salary for a ordinary worker...

I never thought about it this way and it's true that some people in the world simply can't deposit, if it's going to mean less food on their table. Totally understandable.

Though on another other side, i still consider complete "idiots" the people who have well enough money, but will never deposit and prefer to earn 0,50$ a day (as stated above) thinking they're playing the "hard way" and are that way proud of themselves, and playing better than those who "deposit"... proud to have spent hours for 0,5$ :duh:

(begging 1h in the street is more profitable)

Back