To all the creative peeps out there, i need a name for a character in a book i am writing

Muddy Mudkicker von Kneecap

Muddy Mudkicker von Kneecap

You owe me a new keyboard cuz that one made me spit beer all over mine! I LOL'd so hard I had tears running down my face. lol

Menace

How about RapKiller, could'nt resist :yay:

Dr. Lived (pronounced livid)

because he is backwards and evil...you figure it out :D

Last edited:
Garrick Taurus.

Lacion
Revion
Variel
Mendev
Anduriel

Not really providing a name but rather just a suggestion...

Shouldn't you be thinking along the lines of the person's ancestry first? From there, the naming sense would differ.

But long black hair would most probably be coming from some Asian, Southern Europe, West Asia or North Africa (etc) heritage? From mother's or father's side?

Not sure where the red eyes would come from...

Schleschkark

It does not mean anything, or represent anything. I made it up for my sith warrior in SW:KotOR.
But it sounds and feels evil!

Hi all,

I have been writing a book for a couple of years now, and have gotten 140 pages ish into it now. But one of the main characters still doesnt have a name. Currently he is known as EVIL1, just so i can replace later on.

And as you have guessed it, he is wholeheartedly evil. Born evil, or i should say created evil. But has a human body. Tall, over 7feet, built like a brick s*** house. Long black hair, red eyes....i think you get the picture.

i hope you dont take this the wrong way, but at 140 pages in the character has developed and is not one-dimensional any more, he should of revealed his name to you by now or not? it is also hard to suggest a name without knowing the 140 pages he was involved in, this suggests to me there might be a problem with the character that needs working on first.
the only alternative i see is to not give him a name, and have people speak about him only indirectly, with everyone knowing, by the way his name isnt being said, who is being spoken of, that could fit with his being created evil and, i assume, being feared by everyone.

i hope you dont take this the wrong way, but at 140 pages in the character has developed and is not one-dimensional any more, he should of revealed his name to you by now or not? it is also hard to suggest a name without knowing the 140 pages he was involved in, this suggests to me there might be a problem with the character that needs working on first.
the only alternative i see is to not give him a name, and have people speak about him only indirectly, with everyone knowing, by the way his name isnt being said, who is being spoken of, that could fit with his being created evil and, i assume, being feared by everyone.

He definitely needs working on. And no the name hasn't revealed itself to me. I have big issues with coming up with names for characters.

Well i am nearing the end of the first book now. And still do not have a name. I we be going through this thread, but if anyone has anymore ideas please post away

Rgds

Ace

A quality villain does not need a name. Pick something he does often and refer to him by that, in a manner similar to The Smoking Man. :)

Acording to your description you should call him

Blucard (to avoid copyright issues) :laugh:

My favorite evil names are :

Ruun
Flattery
Manostra
Pergamon
Zathuur
Demnogonis

All this names are stolen from somewhere else and adapted to serve me in some games as alter ego

Astanache Euxigovore, that sound evil.

Falx Cerebri (sickle of the brain; actually a part of the brain)

Tiamat (also a good goth rock band; is a Mesopotamian chaos monster)

if you want to go all biblical; you can call it antediluvian (from before the great flood)

Coragyps (black vulture; may need a second name to sound good)

If you really want to take a cynical twitch; call your character curater (cura 'ter; take care off)
(there is an insecticide by this name)

schragön (doesn't mean anything; but it sounds good :) )

if you want to go all biblical; you can call it antediluvian (from before the great flood)

If you really want to take a cynical twitch; call your character curater (cura 'ter; take care off)

taimat sounds like Thaifood in swedish and schragön sounds like a drunk guy with a lisp saying dragon :laugh:

i always like the sound of the name "Torquemada" featured in the Nemesis stories from 2000 A.D. No real reason behind the choice, I just like the name - GL with the book

Last edited:

Oh Schragon or Schrogan :)

I like the sound of those

Rgds

Bumpy-boo.

Any traction here? Hope your project is going well.

Hmmm

I like just the name "Zero"..Good luck with book! :wtg:

Boorum- Boorum Atrox Allophyl the evil one. Born evil, Tall & controls abnormal creatures. Us players lol

Still Writing it!

60k words in now, after a lot of revision, and started from scratch once.

I am now in the process of just finishing it. No more rewrites no more starting again. When i get to the end, hopefully by the end of this year. I will then look at editing

Rgds

Ace

Oh and this character i do not have a name for his now the Evil overlord, one of his minions (still powerfull) is called Zeth.

Rgds

Ace

PS i am struggling to come up with a simple name for a boy that worships my protagonist. Very short and slight of build. Scraggly hair

PS i am struggling to come up with a simple name for a boy that worships my protagonist. Very short and slight of build. Scraggly hair

Zeth worshipper?
http://www.babycenter.com/baby-names-zeth-479875.htm

Investigator worshipper?... hmmm...
first hit on google for that is http://www.fraud-magazine.com/article.aspx?id=4294971183

one phrase there is
drop cash
maybe Cash?

had free rein
is another, maybe Farron?

http://themeaningofthename.com/farron/
Numerology Interpretation

Name Number: 9
Interpretation: Divine, God, Goodness, Truth, Unconditional love, Gift, Free will, Ideal, Whole, Endless
Silly way to name?.. but it might work.

nvm - it b 4 am here an me have lil ZzZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
BAAL.

Tzeentch.

Hank.

thats was 3 suggestions :) gl with the book.

cheers

Back