To all the whiners in the Universe

Hi,

there are serious problems in this "non-game" that affect a lot of participants, making it ways less enjoyable as it could be and causing constant leaving of long-time participants and heavy depositors.

Naming the expressions of the concerns of these people "whining" makes you likely to earn the label "fanboi" that is the exact counterpart.

Happy now?

No, I guess. Why isn't it possible to have civilized discussions about the indisputable problems MA's work has? Why is it necessary all the times to label each other "whiners" and "fanbois"? Why cannot many of us have the smallest imagination how others might feel?

Guess it's human nature. Sad.

Have fun!

No doubt EU is a unique, fun and engaging environment. We all found something we like or we would`nt be here. It also breeds passion about the game positive and negative. To supress either view would be a disservice to us all. I have always questioned authority and always will. Because to blindly follow and agree is to allow oneself to be taken advantage of. Granted there is a time when if you are not happy you should simply walk away. But there are also times you must question and confront. If MA reads and listens why not voice a concern. I think the whiners are legit. They want it better for themselves. But in that turn could help to make things better for all. One must express thier feelings or leave them bottled up inside. The other option is to be content no matter how one is treated. I don`t find that acceptable. I like EU and alot of things MA have done. But I am too independent and will always question things whether to myself or openly. It`s a give and take world. And if you are content to always take what you are given at face value then you are a mere benchwarmer. But to take an active part and speak your mind you are helping to shape the world around you. Some whining is a bit petty I must admit but alot of it is legitimate also. We need both praise and criticism. Without it we are a spoonfed mass controlled by the whims of the few who are pioneering enough to take the reins. A wise person once said a statue was never erected in honor of a critic. But another said a sucker is born every minute. I never hear the suckers ask many questions before they are taken for a ride.

why bother to read the forum, last year or so there r only whiners, people who dont want to get in a discussion and people who think a discussion is stalking. :rolleyes:

So for the most part it is not a thing to get excited about becuz we all R just screaming in a big void.

im sry but thats imho

Define 'whining'.

If somebody feels they have a legitimate concenr and whant to inform the community about it, they have that right.

Lets look at complaining in a different context...

If you are in a restraunt and you order a meal and you get served with a cold meal that is different to the one you ordered and paid for, would you not complain?

How is this different to listening to the MA version of what EU is, joining the game expecting the things they say in their press releases, then getting something very different? Do you not still have a right to express your dissapointment at not recieving what was implied by the publicity?

Maybe the problem is with people who feel that nobody should ever complain about a service that they are recieving and paying for, even if it is not the service that they were told they would recieve...

If you don't let MA, the community etc know about things one feels are wrong with the ervice, game, universe call it what you will, how will MA or the community ever be able to take your concerns into consideration when planning new events / ideas / VU's?

I agree that people should maybe word their copmplaints in a constructive and adult manner, but they should still be free to complain without fanbois 'whining' about the 'whiners'.

Not all complaining is 'whining'

I like that example. As a matter of fact, I like it so much, lets carry it forward. If you continue to recieve the same cold meal that is different to the one you ordered and paid for day in and day out, and continue to go to the same restuarant, and continue to complain, how long before the people around you told you...enough already??? :eyecrazy: Find another restuarant to have your meal, and leave those who are happy with the meal to eat in peace. ;)

Oh and +rep To Poisonhearts :)

Okay so everyone who ever complains leaves. Where does that leave the remaining people? With less loot, less people to play with, more people discouraged from starting and soon enough a failed business model that has to close it doors. Mmmm nice. So next time I see fellow colonists getting hoarded into a gas chamber I`ll just say stop whining or quit. Talk about ignorance.

Okay so everyone who ever complains leaves. Where does that leave the remaining people? With less loot, less people to play with, more people discouraged from starting and soon enough a failed business model that has to close it doors. Mmmm nice. So next time I see fellow colonists getting hoarded into a gas chamber I`ll just say stop whining or quit. Talk about ignorance.

No, ignorance is complaining about something you don't undertstand :). There is reasoning behind MA's decisions, there have been some bad decisions but mostly good ones in my opinion.

Whiners whining about whines and whiners and whinage oh my. Indeed, it was ever thus. Sure, repetitive whining about crap that's been discussed to death for years makes one look like a forum noob (btdtgtts). Then again, so does whining about all the whining.

IMHO, the main reason so many ppl whine about EU is that MA generates such completely unrealistic expectations with their propaganda about "real money waiting to be made" or whatever it is the idiot says. And like he goes on to say (one of the first things I ever heard in-game, ironically):

"Don't believe what they're telling you!" :eyecrazy:
(Or whatever it is he says exactly before he gets pwned by that omg ... OMG! atrox.)

why bother to read the forum

I give up .... why do you bother?

No, ignorance is complaining about something you don't undertstand :). There is reasoning behind MA's decisions, there have been some bad decisions but mostly good ones in my opinion.

There was reasoning behind Hitler's decisions too, it's just that most sane people don't agree with it...there is reasoning behind most decisions people make, the important thing is to be free to protest about those decisions especially when they effect you.

They can't listen if no-one speaks.

As for us not understanding...maybe we do, maybe not....wouldn't hurt for MA to explain a little more most of the time though would it? For that matter publishing a VU list with big changes played down or not included at all doesn't build trust from us THE PAYING CUSTOMERS does it?

t

This thread isn't about someone "whining about whiners", it's just a p.o.v
from one player, with some valid thoughts. :)
But when it comes to whining, it's a delicate thing to "read between the
lines" and see if there are some valid points too. Not so easy to do for most
people but it can be done. Even the best written post can be pure BS when
we examine it, while a post that is almost unreadable due to all "F**k this"
and "Screw that" can have very valid points. It's about to cut out the crap
and see what's left. Often too boring thou'... :D ;)

When it comes to randomness... well, we did see a pattern and also timing
in the globals earlier. People can try to denie this as much as they want, but
this is not about what we think, it's about what in fact happened.
But I guess it's like everything else, if you havn't experienced it, it can be
hard to belive in. (Ok, after a mistake in a answer in a support case, I really
can't belive in randomness. :D ;))
And you do know that if it was based on randomness EU had been classified
as gambling? ;)

[22:50] alfsvensson: Xfire] Chatteox: [12:43] njaaack: Q: Will MA add new tamable pets on the new planets?
Yes - our goal is to make ALL creatures tameable. Unfortunately the graphic team are up to their necks in other cool stuff for you guys. Besides- we are, ehrm, not the biggest team in the world and have to concentrate on the bigger tasks at hand.

Sounds like whining to me!:lolup:

Dammit, I just realized I dint say what I meant to say.:ahh:

Most of this thread has been about whether ppl should whine on this forum, or should just shut up. That is, most of it's about the forum, and not about the particular whining discussed by the OP.

Personally, I want to say that I love the fact that this forum is not owned by MinDark (certain conspiracy theories aside). Everyone is free to bitch, whine, moan and complain at length about MA -- and they're also fully free to praise, pat and glad-hand MA as they wish (which is not exactly encouraged in some forums, I believe). The only rules 711 imposes are designed to maintain forum order, and not to protect (or malign) MA.

So I just want to say: Thanks! to MB, MS9, Skam, 711, Jimmy & all the others who didnt come quickly to my mind for ALL the hard work (and money, in some cases) you've put into providing us this forum to share our thoughts and our frustrations and our joys. This is one of the best forums I've ever participated in. :wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

LOL your a funny guy MadMark...:laugh:

Bags

I'd suggest that was pretty uncalled for, and shows your lack of maturity or serious thought to resort to calling names. -rep

I've seen a lot of threads that area riddled with "whining" about people's negative experiences with EU, and though I try to avoid them, I do scan them because there are quite often some very well-considered posts about their opinion.

For me, yes, there are quite a few things that have disappointed me in my time in EU, but by far there have been more interesting and exiciting additions as well. I'm not critical of folks that feel that they have lost and are upset about economic matters, as that may be something that is important to them. Sure I enjoy the occasional nice loot, or even just break-even days when I've had fun. When I lose, I'm disappointed, but then again I'm not in this as an investment or for income. That is what my job is for. This is my entertainment.

+rep Poisonhearts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poisonhearts puts forward some constructive and positive opinions.

You retort with unnecessary abuse.

I know which one of you I'd rather listen to.

-rep (and I'll be amazed if I don't get one back in return from someone so clearly lacking in maturity as you are).

Wow, what a nice guy.
Let's be friends.

i would say today the game is 3 out of ten and almost not even worth playing let alone worth actually depositing real money into...

Well then Einstein .. wtf are you doing here ?
I'm sure if I was only 30% satisfied with something after THREE years .. I'd find something to move on to. But that's just me .. you may have a desire to stick around somewhere you're not happy.

This is actually one of the more interesting "whining about whining" threads I've seen.

So .. have a little + rep PoisonHearts for an interesting read and a little -rep for Snabble for being an ass.

:laugh:
What a joke .. so you're here cuz it sucks and you like to stay around places you don't like ?
Sounds logical.

Oh yea and thanks for the -rep.
You said "Blow me."
I'd blow you .. but I think that would be unethical treatment of the mentally challenged, and I wouldn't want to take advantage of the less fortunate.
So run along to go play in traffic and don't forget your sharp scissors.

If it's THAT bad that you have to post crap like this then why don't YOU just "Go Away In Short Jerky Movements" if YOU get my drift.

:laugh:
That made me laugh.
A simple yet effective solution. :wise:

As much as i hate to admit it, not only do i agree with YourMom....i can't stop laughing. Have some +rep to counter that goobers - rep :laugh:

Don't worry, I won't ;) And to get things back on track...good post PH. When i was noobier (is that even a word?) I had thoughts from time to time that MA was out to ruin me....then i figured out that I was out to ruin me. My guess is, most of these whiners haven't figured that out yet but, i still hope they do hang around long enough to figure it out.

I'd +rep you Danielle, but I must spread the love around before I can. ;) :D

Ok call me insane, retarded or whatever else you can come up with. I have been playing longer then you, I have experienced Entropia your 3 years ago, and I can say that in my opinion Entropia has improved vastly.

-Rep for your constructive post. Ok I'm an idiot I just realized I gave him +Rep.

Don't worry, I won't ;) And to get things back on track...good post PH. When i was noobier (is that even a word?) I had thoughts from time to time that MA was out to ruin me....then i figured out that I was out to ruin me. My guess is, most of these whiners haven't figured that out yet but, i still hope they do hang around long enough to figure it out.

I found the same, I was my own worst enemy in the early days, now I have a greater understanding of how things work in-game AND don't take losses quite so personally, I enjoy the game much more and the others playing it too, I've personally learnt a LOT recently and have met some great peeps ingame so for me its all good even if there are a few technical issues here & there.

Snabbs has just gotta think 'bigger picture' otherwise WOW could be a better option :laugh:

Come to think of it, my missus plays a little game on Candystand that may be more his 'cup of tea' it's a little like Tetris but with Lifesavers (the lolly/sweet for those that don't know what I mean) he could find that a challenge more suited to his skills :yay:

Come to think of it, my missus plays a little game on Candystand that may be more his 'cup of tea' it's a little like Tetris but with Lifesavers (the lolly/sweet for those that don't know what I mean) he could find that a challenge more suited to his skills :yay:

:laugh: ummmm, ouch..hehe.

-Rep for your constructive post. Ok I'm an idiot I just realized I gave him +Rep.

I'd be disappointed if you hadn't, DB does still stand for Drunken Bastards right :laugh: JK :ahh: You probably made his day. Now go UBER Hof and piss him off again, lol.

Don't feel too bad, Poison, I did the exact same thing today w/ someone else. It's because we're such nice, friendly people, so used to only giving +reps, right?

Right? :)

Last edited:
Back