To all the whiners in the Universe

Poisonhearts

Stalker
Society
Dark Brotherhood
Poisonhearts Tubgirl Tubboy
Poisonhearts whining about the EU whiners

Everday on Entropia Forum people are posting new threads and topics whining about how bad Entropia Universe has gotten, frankly I'm getting really sick and tired of it all. I will admit there are some people posting legitimate complaints and concerns on the forum but most of it is just pure rubbish, "MA hates me :(, they don't give me any HoF's and just take all my money. They are working against me, blah blah blah." Face the facts, EU has become a better experience over the years and is becoming better all the time.

First things first MA is a company, MA has to make some money too. For you to profit someone's got to lose. You can't win all the time, if that's how EU worked it wouldn't of been around so long. No matter what you have to expect to lose some money in Entropia. There are some people that do profit continously in Entropia, but these people have worked very hard to achieve it. It's possible for you to one day be profiting constantly.

Something else I find really hilarious. People swearing that there is a system in place to favor certain people and give them all the good loots and HoF's, that's plain ridiculous. Why would MA put a system in place to just favor certain people and ignore others? Or how about the complex theroies people come up with on how Entropia works and how it can be predicted. EU is random, nothing more to it. There is no secretive system in place where you can predict HoF's and globals and such. How would MA possibly benefit from a system that can be figured out and exploited? Yeah that's right, they wouldn't.

It seems each new VU all MA get's is more shit thrown at them. They have a plan for Entropia and are implementing that plan, they aren't just doing it to piss you off. I love the direction MA is heading in and so do others, they're not just going to do a 180 degree turn to please the whiners, live with what Entropia is and what it's becoming. Please enjoy the game for what it is, if you can't please quit EU and find something else to do with your life.

:eyecrazy:

The whining seems pretty overwhelming at the moment - there's lots of it going on at because of the landgrab and the VU in combination.

"OMG MA you should let me win a land area with goblin and a Breer".

"OMG MA you made 4 mobs out of over 100 harder to kill and even though I haven't killed any I just know that the loot is worse and it means I can't kill any mobs at all".

I usually try to shut out the whining but right now it's hard to do so.

I like this VU bar a few technical glitches which I'm sure will be ironed out, and I'm very much looking forward to Land Grab even though I have no hope in hell of winning anything.

It was nice to see a positive thread here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/98718-good-job-ma.html

+rep, if I don't have to spread it around.

EDIT: I do have to spread it around...

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's called evolution people. Adapt overcome and improvise. Plus rep. Oh and oleg, if you need somewhere to spread that rep... :)

+rep cos you are echoing my thoughts. Not much else to be said, really.

Yeah +rep for sure! If it's legitimate bitching, I have no problem with that. I just think it's only a small group of people that get upset after every V.U. The up coming LG should be a good thing even for people who won't/can't participate. They may get a higher % for their goods, more vacant land area's will come to life, and their should be more peds going into the "lootpool" in general for all to claim. It's going to be an interesting year, that's for sure.:yay:

Does it make you miss the "omg ! the price of sweat is too low .. viva la sweater's revolution !" threads ?

:lolup:

What does a guy in his mother's basement have to do to earn a living wage playing video games these days!?!?

:rofl:

:lolup:

What does a guy in his mother's basement have to do to earn a living wage playing video games these days!?!?

:rofl:

I'm sure if he did what he did there in a certain clinical environment he'd get paid for it.

Hmm too subtle?

Something else I find really hilarious. People swearing that there is a system in place to favor certain people and give them all the good loots and HoF's, that's plain ridiculous. Why would MA put a system in place to just favor certain people and ignore others? Or how about the complex theroies people come up with on how Entropia works and how it can be predicted. EU is random, nothing more to it. There is no secretive system in place where you can predict HoF's and globals and such. How would MA possibly benefit from a system that can be figured out and exploited? Yeah that's right, they wouldn't.

True, there is no system in place to favor a selected few. It's a silly idea but people like to vent it out when they see someone else doing good or they are doing bad themselves.

But your idea that everything is random - wrong. I find it highly unlikly that anyone will ever figgure out the system. But "random" doesn't exists - it's a human invention to simplify things we don't understand. So there is a system, and theoretically it's possible to break it. But, yes again but, I doubt anyone will ever have a chanse to do it in practice.

And I do think Mindark would still profit from it because you can't beat the system (what I think of course, as there's no way of knowing atm) - but you can still exploit it. ;)

True, there is no system in place to favor a selected few. It's a silly idea but people like to vent it out when they see someone else doing good or they are doing bad themselves.

But your idea that everything is random - wrong. I find it highly unlikly that anyone will ever figgure out the system. But "random" doesn't exists - it's a human invention to simplify things we don't understand. So there is a system, and theoretically it's possible to break it. But, yes again but, I doubt anyone will ever have a chanse to do it in practice.

And I do think Mindark would still profit from it because you can't beat the system (what I think of course, as there's no way of knowing atm) - but you can still exploit it. ;)

Fair enough, random really isn't random. I think to us it's random enough to call it random.

Fair enough, random really isn't random. I think to us it's random enough to call it random.

That's because you're too lazy to figgure out how it works. :laugh:

Ok I'll shut up, I'll never know how it works.

Good thread, also sometimes as u said it's worth some whining :D.

Last edited:
hhhmm, The other side of the coin, if people were to post how great their loot was, it would still annoy people, cause jealousy, or the poster been seen as boastful.

We have the global/hof section however, but I speak of general posts, people that did not necessary hof, but had a profitable day.

As it is, even if the post is someone whining, as long as its written thoughtfully, no screaming and hollaring, it can be a positive thing.

Like; A discussion, mobs/tactics/gear etc, sometimes there can be something to learn, even from the most negative posts.

Define 'whining'.

If somebody feels they have a legitimate concenr and whant to inform the community about it, they have that right.

Lets look at complaining in a different context...

If you are in a restraunt and you order a meal and you get served with a cold meal that is different to the one you ordered and paid for, would you not complain?

How is this different to listening to the MA version of what EU is, joining the game expecting the things they say in their press releases, then getting something very different? Do you not still have a right to express your dissapointment at not recieving what was implied by the publicity?

Maybe the problem is with people who feel that nobody should ever complain about a service that they are recieving and paying for, even if it is not the service that they were told they would recieve...

If you don't let MA, the community etc know about things one feels are wrong with the ervice, game, universe call it what you will, how will MA or the community ever be able to take your concerns into consideration when planning new events / ideas / VU's?

I agree that people should maybe word their copmplaints in a constructive and adult manner, but they should still be free to complain without fanbois 'whining' about the 'whiners'.

Not all complaining is 'whining'

I don´t think this "whining because there are to much whining threads" are any better than the so called "whining" threads.
Just fishing for compl... erm... + reps, eh?

It happens every new VU and it's always the same things people whine about. Loot for instance seems to get worse every VU (if true there wouldn't be any loot at all anymore).

If these whiners would actually be serious in their statements they should certainly stop playing instead of trying to convert us "fanboys". :laugh:

Not another whining thread about whining :eek:

JK :)

Ah, 'twas always thus...

(Dont let the bastards grind you down Poisonhearts... :thumbup:)

Lol, I like to whine now and then.

If i don,t i get more frustated.

You never are pissed at work, in eu ot what ever.
It makes me feel a lot better after releasing my frustations (what you call whining).

Good thing is its allowed, and btw yr doing the same thign with yr thread.
Lettign all yr frustations out.
SO if you don,t like it, do not read those threads and relpy to them.

All i can say to the people who +rep you is a big :yay:
But hey everyone has his own opinion thank god for that

Laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I totally agree (hides her last whining-posts ... ) !!

To the typical whiners:

1) You put x amount of money into the game - SO WHAT?! Who forced you to do it? Did you get any garantee that you would WIN the game or PROFIT because you did that? Did it say anywere that you would be garanteed your money back in the end?? So if you look back are there anyone else to blaime than yourself??

2) You spend x amount of money on a hunt/mining run/crafting! .... See above ...

3) You bought expensive stuff which now dropped in value ... See above ...

4) You didn't buy cheap stuff which now raised in value ... See above ...

5) You do not know what dynamic means! It means that things can differ - the situations are uncertain/unsure. You cannot forsee the result of an act 100% meaning YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO LOOSE ALL! But it hurts to look inside - and yes, it hurts to loose!

6) You think this is real. It's a game no matter how you look at it. Whenever you PUT IN MONEY of your rl own hard earned money you place them in a pool were you invest and gamble just like you would do on a stock market = You might have experience from earlier and have a feeling about how to do it right - but the DYNAMIC of the world can suddenly change it all and you might loose ! People working on Stock markets knows that - why don't you??

7) HYPOCRITES ! One day some are bragging about all the huge loots they get, all the enormous big uber weapons and armor and shit - and their skills. But if they don't get it for a tiny period they are all back to WHINING and "oh this game threat me soooo bad" and "I'm not being heard" ... or "I don't profit anymore"... No? Well, You dont profit compared to what? Last month salery you dropped into the "stock"pool? Who is to blaime then??

... yeah - sorry! I lost a lot and I will highly admit it. I have not much to show for it - when saying I have been playing 3 years. I can be angry from time to time and swear at loot and MA for not giving me luck. Because that is exactly what it is. They didn't promise me anything. They did not force me into spending my money in game. It's not their fault I spend my money on shit and giggles and whine afterwards because I deep inside know _I_ am the stupid one!

To some game became serious because they placed a lot of RL cash in here in the hope of being able to cash out with a big profit. Yes, it's a bitch if it didn't quite go that well. But I have only one solution to you people who feel that. Sell all and get your money out now - or stop whining about it! You keep living on the hope the guy at the roulette does: "Maybe if I spend the LAST money I have I will win big time". It might happen - but it might not!

I DO feel with people who loose, but I do not agree that EU/MA has all to blaime for it.

... I wish I had a lot of RL money I could afford loosing too though ... :cry:

MA is a business....(glad you pointed that out :rolleyes:) they need a profit to survive for sure.

EF is a forum ..it needs discussion to survive, discussion is often positive VS negative over a particular issue.

MA read the forum ...they need to know what positives and negatives we see in what they do. It would be useless to them or us if it was full of "Yay brilliant changes MA :yay:" even when they weren't. Can you imagine the work it saves their support staff when concerns are posted here and not sent to them by dozens of people after every VU?

Evolution ? Naturally progressing from one state to another without interference over generations.

MAnipulation is what happens here to ensure the game continues to profit and survive ..you can't have evolution in a game that is designed and modified by humans.

What's that phrase often thrown around here? Oh yeah.."If you don't like people expressing their opinions which are contrary to your own...don't come here" , just play the game your own way. Basically "if you don't agree ..bugger off".

Can you see how that last one doesn't fly when applied to you? The "put up with it or bugger off" scenario? Doesn't fly for any of us ingame either.....and unlike here in the forum we paid our own hard earned cash to be ingame and have every right to say when we dislike something.

Hopefully one day we will all be :yay::yay::yay: each VU. Right now and for the future it will probably be some :yay::yay: and some :(:( though.

t

couldn't agree more

+rep for Poisonhearts :)

about the whining on VU and new stuff:
those ppl must have crazy high expectations. One of my motto's is: if u don't like it, do it yourself, if you can't, shut up.

About regular whiners' psychology:
I'll put it in an example: Imagine a guy being irritated his neighbour always coming home in the middle of the night, and the guy is always compaining as 'this isn't heathy, going out 3 nights a week' etc etc... The problem lies within the guy himself. During his life he has been taught that this would be 'unhealthy'. While the neighbour doesn't have any problems with it, the problem only exists in the guys' head. A person without any psychological restrictions would not make a problem out of it, but just inquire about it during a normal conversation. The result might f.i. be that the neighbour goes to the gym or sportsclub 3evenings/week.

My conclusion is that professional forum whiners are sometimes people who have real life problems, and feel better when they can blaim certain people for their miserable situation.

So go ahead, whine on my thread, I know what kind of person you are :p

one of my motto's: if you like this article, get into it, if you don't, skip it.

best regards
Naomi

This is a public forum and its normal ppl whin about everythings.
They whin about EU, but they whin too cause they wanna do something in the journey. This is an occupation over many other.

Its funny to read some posts or soap here. Without it, its borring, sorry.
They whin a lot cause they dont understand or know, many of the ultra uber itamz ingame have been gathered by cheating. Well... not realy cheating cause most of time it was MA bugs.
So they think if they put money and play hard, they should have this type of loot ... thats an error, and MA made errors.

I think its fun when ppl built theories about the loots, even Marco read it with attention and he is "troubled" sometimes ;) (Xfire chat revelation).

I think, if u dont like it u must take a break of EF and refocus urself on the things who are, rougly, the most important here.

We need good guys, bad guys, distrubed guys, emo guys ... all of that make the community. Without this Meltin'pot, the community dont exist.

Regards.

Back