Help: to stop

Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Danielle YourMom DeathBringer ♥
I've seen all the drama with the locked accounts. I've read the speculation as to who is/isn't guilty, what the 'crimes' are, who may or may not have done it .. etc.

I've been a part of EF for a long time (pcf .. whatever) & I hate to see it in such a toxic place. :(

I'm bothered that we are all taking so much time to accuse our fellow man .. when it's really "the man" who should be under fire, imo.
The first key to ANY relationship is communication.
MA/FPC/SEE/SDS should have told these people WHY they are locked. :mad:
(or whatever acronym they're going by these days)

I understand shitting all over someone's reputation if/when they are truly proven to be cheaters.
But right now, the accusations are only adding to an already massive fire of frustration, anger, and boredom inside EU.

Some people were locked and unlocked without explanation.
Some people with thousands of USD in game are still locked without explanation.
Some people in game are putting a halt to activities, for lack of definition of what is/isn't allowed with vehicles.

I just want for some people to stop and think before they continue with the accusations and witch hunting.

Imagine if you got locked without explanation and you visit EF, only to see your 'fellow man' spitting all over your name on the forum because you were one of many locked ... :confused:

Anyone can flame me all they want .. I don't really care. It's been bugging the crap out of me and I had to get it off my chest. :ahh: Thanks for reading my angry Monday rant .. happy hunting, happy Hof'ing, and remember to tip your waitress ;)

The lady speaks alot of sense, as ever... MA do owe us an explanation...

And I too am concerned about the level of back-biting and bitchiness currently, and it's not just This row, there's a Few going on, personal attacks, Soc-Wars...

And this among a "Community" made up of people who All have something in common...

Call me a shameless old Hippy, but I'm certain we can treat each other better than this when, as Mom has consistently pointed out, it's Not Each Other we should be mad at...

+rep :thumbup:

. Amen.

Last edited:
Okay I agree the speculation got out of hand, I myself am guilty of getting pulled into that. However I still don't think it is MA that we should be mad at, here's my reasoning.
Someone, or a group of people did something that pulled other people down with them. MA can not be sure who was willingly involved and who just in the right place and at the wrong time. They needed to lock all suspected accounts for their investigation. In order to not jeopardize their investigation they are not releasing any information. They have done this in the past regarding dirty PED. Keeping quite until their investigation is complete.
Also it's really not MA's right to tell us why these people are locked. It's up to the ones who are legitimately at fault to decide if they want to enlighten us about what they did. Remember if MA says anything before the investigation is complete there are people who are innocently locked who can argue that was defamation.
I honestly wont be surprised if when the investigation is complete if MA gives some vague idea what happened and apologizes to those who where innocently locked.
Really if you must be mad at someone then be mad at the scumbag(s) that dragged all these other people down with them.
Oh and one more thing. The reasons for these locks are between MA and the people locked, it's none of our damn business. I like how by rallying against MA we forgot that someone, or multiple people cheated us, and dragged others down. MA is not the enemy in this case, it's those who are guilty that are the enemy. I mean you don't rally against the local authorities for not releasing information about investigations. Hell they generally only do that when they need the publics help or the news crews bug them enough.

We as a community should not be trying to make MA look like the bad guy. This will just make the real guilty party's feel as though they have public support and they will look at themselves as victims and if they do get unlocked will do what ever they did again, just a little bit differently. So we rally against MA and this investigation and those who where innocently locked did so to accomplish nothing.

The lady speaks alot of sense, as ever... MA do owe us an explanation...
And I too am concerned about the level of back-biting and bitchiness currently, and it's not just This row, there's a Few going on, personal attacks, Soc-Wars...
And this among a "Community" made up of people who All have something in common...
Call me a shameless old Hippy, but I'm certain we can treat each other better than this when, as Mom has consistently pointed out, it's Not Each Other we should be mad at...
+rep :thumbup:

cherish it !! Only once in a while do I speak a bit of sense and not pure jibberish :D I'm in the same mindset as you - saddened to see the community (which I <3 so much) in such an uproar over something that can be cleared up very easily by the people in charge.

I agree with you on this one.
and thats why i made this post
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ked-accounts&p=2749695&viewfull=1#post2749695
its turning redicolous with all the speculation going on. and i think it could be cleared up by ma somewhat with some statement.

Yea- they just need to let someone know something.
I didn't think that was so much to ask ? :scratch2: :dunno:
I know some good people are locked and being dragged through the dirt publicly.

did you not see the part in my post where I essentially said 'wait to be pissed off, until you know the facts.'

I understand shitting all over someone's reputation if/when they are truly proven to be cheaters.
But right now, the accusations are only adding to an already massive fire of frustration, anger, and boredom inside EU.

I'm not trying to make MA look like anything .. other than bad at communication. It's not between MA and the accused - they haven't said anything to the accused .. so I guess it's really just MA's business. :rolleyes:

I have not forgotten than someone did something wrong .. I am just waiting for FACTS to figure out who to burn at the stake ;) lol

did you not see the part in my post where I essentially said 'wait to be pissed off, until you know the facts.'

I'm not trying to make MA look like anything .. other than bad at communication. It's not between MA and the accused - they haven't said anything to the accused .. so I guess it's really just MA's business. :rolleyes:

I have not forgotten than someone did something wrong .. I am just waiting for FACTS to figure out who to burn at the stake ;) lol

MA lock people with decent and timely explanation, People on forum patiently wait for the facts, Additions to EU come in a timely fashion according to what they tell us, Corey actually read what someone wrote before posting.... oh... sorry.. think I was dreaming.....

Exactly, don't get pissed off until you know the facts but here you are getting mad at MA without knowing what's going on. All this does is obscures the fact that one of our "fellow man" has done something bad, and I am going to take a guess that it is pretty serious for MA to lock some very serious players.

We should not be "sticking it to the man" nor should we be making accusations against each other. We should wait until the investigation is complete. Then if their is no vague explanation we can start getting mad at MA.

How do we know they haven't said anything to the account(s) that they know to be guilty? To everyone else they did apologize after they where unlocked. They can't tell these people what is going on or some big mouth with let everyone know. Those who are still locked will either get an apology when they are unlocked or be told why they are not getting unlocked.

I know the wait and see approach can feel like you are doing nothing but it is better to observe careful then jump in without enough information. This is good advice, something I forgot about and ended up looking like an ass.

I've seen all the drama with the locked accounts. I've read the speculation as to who is/isn't guilty, what the 'crimes' are, who may or may not have done it .. etc.

I've been a part of EF for a long time (pcf .. whatever) & I hate to see it in such a toxic place. :(

I'm bothered that we are all taking so much time to accuse our fellow man .. when it's really "the man" who should be under fire, imo.
The first key to ANY relationship is communication.
MA/FPC/SEE/SDS should have told these people WHY they are locked. :mad:
(or whatever acronym they're going by these days)

Some people were locked and unlocked without explanation.
Some people with thousands of USD in game are still locked without explanation.
Some people in game are putting a halt to activities, for lack of definition of what is/isn't allowed with vehicles.

I just want for some people to stop and think before they continue with the accusations and witch hunting.

Imagine if you got locked without explanation and you visit EF, only to see your 'fellow man' spitting all over your name on the forum because you were one of many locked ... :confused:

Anyone can flame me all they want .. I don't really care. It's been bugging the crap out of me and I had to get it off my chest. :ahh: Thanks for reading my angry Monday rant .. happy hunting, happy Hof'ing, and remember to tip your waitress ;)

Thankz Daniel to bring to the forum what moderators should do...

+rep

don't get pissed off until you know the facts but here you are getting mad at MA without knowing what's going on.

who's pissed off ? I'm not pissed off. :dunno:
I said 'bugging the shit out of me' .. 'frustrated' .. 'under fire' .. 'irritated' ... but I'm not mad.
If you are referring to the 'angry rant' part; the rant was angry - I, however, am not. :)

How do we know they haven't said anything to the account(s) that they know to be guilty?

we ? not we .. :) I know that I am friends with some of the accused & am kept up-to-date on their situations. If Mindark KNEW them to be guilty, I would hope they would have mentioned something to the locked ......

We should not be "sticking it to the man" nor should we be making accusations against each other. We should wait until the investigation is complete. Then if their is no vague explanation we can start getting mad at MA.

lol - most of that, I just said. ;) I'm not saying we should "stick it to the man." But I am saying that 'the man' should have to account for their actions, even if it is their world we're living in.

Don't mess with someone's money ... it gets ugly.

and for the record - people should get mad if MA only gives ''a vague explanation.''

I know the wait and see approach can feel like you are doing nothing but it is better to observe careful then jump in without enough information. This is good advice, something I forgot about and ended up looking like an ass.

lol ... ... ;)

I just want for some people to stop and think before they make threads about getting locked. Problem solved.

In all honesty, I haven't participated in any of the accusations and witch hunting, but let's consider two things here. First, by making a thread about getting locked, you automatically invite people to speculate on the reason behind it. Second of all, is there any case where the lock has EVER been resolved by posting about it in a public forum? Not that I am aware of, so I would conclude that posting these threads is either a bad idea, or just a fruitless effort.

While it may be good to bring the attention of accounts getting locked for unknown reasons to the general public, so that we know MA is doing this, in the end, MA never gives the full reason behind it, at least during their investigation. The only thing a player can do is cooperate with MA if they are indeed innocent and hope the situation gets resolved shortly.

It may feel good to come on here and vent about it because you are pissed off, but as we've seen, no good will come from it...

touche - I can't argue with the fact that making the 'i'm locked - why!?!' thread will breed speculation.

I just want for some people to stop and think before they make threads about getting locked. Problem solved.

In all honesty, I haven't participated in any of the accusations and witch hunting, but let's consider two things here. First, by making a thread about getting locked, you automatically invite people to speculate on the reason behind it. Second of all, has any the lock EVER been resolved by posting about it in a public forum? Not that I am aware of, so I would conclude that posting these threads is either a bad idea, or just a fruitless effort.

While it may be good to bring the attention of accounts getting locked for unknown reasons to the general public, so that we know MA is doing this, in the end, MA never gives the full reason behind it, at least during their investigation. The only thing a player can do is cooperate with MA if they are indeed innocent and hope the situation gets resolved shortly.

It may feel good to come on here and vent about it because you are pissed off, but as we've seen, no good will come from it...

Put dozens of dolares in game after you dont get pissed off...
I wish to be so calm :)

who's pissed off ? I'm not pissed off. :dunno:
I said 'bugging the shit out of me' .. 'frustrated' .. 'under fire' .. 'irritated' ... but I'm not mad.
If you are referring to the 'angry rant' part; the rant was angry - I, however, am not. :)

we ? not we .. :) I know that I am friends with some of the accused & am kept up-to-date on their situations. If Mindark KNEW them to be guilty, I would hope they would have mentioned something to the locked ......

lol - most of that, I just said. ;) I'm not saying we should "stick it to the man." But I am saying that 'the man' should have to account for their actions, even if it is their world we're living in.

Don't mess with someone's money ... it gets ugly. (and .. let's hope for more than just a vague explanation ... )

lol ... ... ;)

Okay sorry I thought someone having an angry rant would themselves be angry.

And like I said, they have apologized to those who have been unlocked. And I am sure if they have found any that they are certain are guilty they have told them why they are not getting unlocked. Your friends it would seem are still stuck in limbo waiting for MA to decided if they were legitimately involved or just victims of circumstance.
I wasn't locked in this but I do think I have some idea how these people feel. It really sucks to have no idea why you are being investigated and I can understand that. But turning this into a "MA must tell us, the public, every little detail right now" issue is only diverting attention away from the real issue and makes the real scumbags feel like they are in the right. Nothing worse then making a scumbag feel like they are the victim, gives them sense of entitlement to keep being a scumbag.

And yes as I said MA should have to give us an explanation, after their investigation is complete and the only people remaining locked are the guilty party's. Could you imagine the disgrace to your friends reputation if MA came out and said, "Ya we are co-operating with the authorities to investigate a ponzi scam that has been operating inside EU." or " ... assisting in a money laundering investigation".
Trust me it is better for your friends reputation if MA keeps their mouths shut until they are certain they have the right guys.

Now lets say everyone gets unlocked except for a handful of accounts and all MA says is, "The accounts that are still locked have been permanently locked" then I'll be right there demanding we need a better explanation then that.
Right now it's just creating confusion as to who is the bad guy.

Okay sorry I thought someone having an angry rant would themselves be angry.

well - ya thought wrong ;)

turning this into a "MA must tell us, the public, every little detail right now" issue is only diverting attention away from the real issue and makes the real scumbags feel like they are in the right.

that is nowhere even close to what I said :rolleyes:

I'm not denying anyone their right to be pissed off about people cheating and playing around with their real life money/investments. All I want people to do is wait UNTIL we know for a fact that they did wrong, before we shit all over their name and reputation.

I feel like I'm on a merry go round of confusion with you ... let's just agree to disagree without ever really agreeing or disagreeing .. lol - peace ! have a nice day ! :wave:

Last edited:
Well What i think is sad is no one has a clue and They are throwing names around and 'HIGH SPECULATIONS' Without any suitable excuse....
but what really annoys me atm is IVO called me all these things which i am not in any way.. and CLAIMS to know me..... ............... It takes more then 2 months talkin to me to get to know me. sorry.

that's what really annoys me i am not a cheater i would never use a exploit nor am I a prick.
I am Hard with my emotions from time to time but that's cause i only speak about 'truth' that is around me.

SO i agree All these assumptions and speculations are just fueling the Dung you find in game so please.

unfortunatly Mom the lack of confidence grows by the minute in this game and the fault is on MA. maybe, just maybe feeding the wishhunt is the ONLY thing people can do to try and in the end do the job that supposed to be MAs.

im sorry but i feel robbed of a lot of peds, confidence in playing this game and happiness while being in here.

honestly i hope both MJ and strash didnt do anything wrong other than trade with those fuckers not knowing bout the issue. but the facts, dates and numbers pointed somewhere else. coincidence? hope so, but my judgment from the whole picture tells me no.

maybe just maybe in the end the flamming will help MA adress this more quickly. but then again marco loves intrigue doesnt he?

I'm wondering how long this can go on before SDS or MA have to say something.

It would take some digging, but finding out how long it took for the locked accounts to be unlocked following the VU 10.0 unbanned players (2008) and what occurred during their original banning (in 2006 ?) might give us a clue.

People are innocent until proven guilty, so lets hope they can separate the innocent from the guilty if what is alleged / guessed at, has been going on. :wise:

"Your account has been locked in conjunction to an internal investigation and your case has been sent to the responsible area for further investigation. They will get back to you as soon as they can."

What more do you need?

Do you think they can release details of the investigation?

Do you think they know it will take 12.7 days to conduct the investigation?

It sucks to be locked if you didn't do anything wrong, but would you rather they had lesser security measures?

If a criminal investigation is being conducted or if civil litigation is being pursued, MindArk is probably well advised not to make public statements.

Last edited:
I guess I just think it would be nice if they gave some idea as to what was going on, approx. time frame, etc.
.... if you're all for vague, ambiguous statements - that one from MA works.

I still don't agree with the lynch-mob and bandwagon mentality .. but I guess some of you will convince yourself and others whatever you have to, to justify the witch hunt and public sacrifice.

It's hard to watch and I'm embarrassed for a bunch of you.

If you get me .. you get me - if you don't .. oh well ;)

peace out, girl scouts !

If a criminal investigation is being conducted or if civil litigation is being pursued, MindArk is probably well advised not to make pubic statements.

lol .. I don't think they should ever make such a statement !! >_<

I guess I just think it would be nice if they gave some idea as to what was going on, approx. time frame, etc.
.... if you're all for vague, ambiguous statements - that one from MA works.

I still don't agree with the lynch-mob and bandwagon mentality .. but I guess some of you will convince yourself and others whatever you have to, to justify the witch hunt and public sacrifice.

It's hard to watch and I'm embarrassed for a bunch of you.

If you get me .. you get me - if you don't .. oh well ;)

peace out, girl scouts !

lol .. I don't think they should ever make such a statement !! >_<

Criticism of MA and "the lynchmob mentality" of some players are two seperate things, to be clear.

Criticism of MA and "the lynchmob mentality" of some players are two seperate things, to be clear.

That's true. I think I was just so done with both situations, when I made the thread.

I know that MA shouldn't have publicly said "we have a bug that does this ______ and it has been exploited by ______ and you reproduce it like this _______"

But I would think after almost 2 weeks there would be more to say than just 'we're locking you to look into something.' I'd also think there would be some Q&A between the locker and the lockee, to 'investigate.'

I just feel like I'm seeing people publicly beaten and bruised; for nothing more than bad communication.
(I know not all are going to be innocent .. but so many are assuming people are guilty until proven innocent.)

So .. I guess I was criticizing both, separately and together at the same time. LoL - I know I just ramble inexplicably and without rhyme or reason, a lot - you don't have to tell me.. :ahh:

I just want them to tell my friend/other random greendots where they stand and why ..

Great Dane .. LoL - sorry about quoting your typo and forever preserving it in forum history !
I just couldn't pass it up, I'm a cheap laugh ! :laugh: I can de-quote it, if it bugs ya ! I just found it funneh ! :D

Last edited:
As I've said a few times elsewhere, the reasons for other people being locked are none of your business or mine.

It would be highly unprofessional and potentially illegal for MA to share such things publically.

The communication they have with the people directly affected is a different matter.

As I've said a few times elsewhere, the reasons for other people being locked are none of your business or mine.
It would be highly unprofessional and potentially illegal for MA to share such things publically.
The communication they have with the people directly affected is a different matter.

In the post previous to yours, I said that. No public statement is probably necessary, but some communication/information for those involved would be nice. While I am pretty damn nosy and would really love to know .. but know that I have no right . :ahh:

BUT - I've heard what their idea of communication is .. or shall we say lack thereof and it leaves much to be desired.

It's just frustrating .. . and I'm not even locked.
I just miss some people's faces .. :ahh:

I also miss happy go lucky days of fun EF time ... :silly:

Back