To the hacker of my account. Please let me buy an estate next time!

Nakor of Boreft

Guardian
Society
Helping on Next |Island
Nakor of Boreft
Maybe this post is in the wrong part of the forum. If so, I am sorry and please move it. It's about EU economy, so I thought this was a good place.

On December 31st my account was hacked. (accessed from another location was confirmed by MA support and |I did not log in that day at all)

I found out about it, because on new year's day I had bought a bright red plant for 1000 ped (the free Christmas present from Calypso), and most of the items in my inventory and storage on the planet I am were gone.

So far, nothing strange, but from what I can find, my account did not lose 1000ped worth of things, meaning the hacker got peds somewhere else too.
MA advised me to report this to my local authorities, but I know they won't start an (international) investigation for such a small amount (I lost maybe 500 peds).

So my questions are:

1) have more people had their accounts hacked and small amounts of peds have gone?

2) Hacker, if you're transferring peds from one hacked account to another hacked account to get a sum big enough to do something with. Please let me buy an estate next time, so I have somewhere to place my 2! bright red plants.

Of course, I have changed my username, password, and use the Entropia pocket app now.

I am sorry to hear you were hacked .

Very weird that they used the bright Red Christmas plants to transfer Ped. ( expensive Christmas present )

I hope Mindark can track ( follow plant money ) and stop these hackers.

Last edited:
Of course, I have changed my username, password, and use the Entropia pocket app now.

It's a real money game! People can withdrawal real money. Things like this tend to happen when there is potencial monetary gain involved.

I have second authentication since my first deposite in the game (first months of play).

Nothing MA can do either, really.

I noticed the crazy price for the xmas plant, now I know what caused that..... always use 2step verification is the lesson here.

Dang Nakor sry to hear that.....ye 2FA is rly necessary here ......maybe also check your pc about trojans or similar virus/malware stuff.....

there was a time that the 2fa machine MA sold was like 200 peds. now it's free. it works ok.

I have reported the people who were trying to sell plants and trees (they got for free of course) for +500 up to +1000, support said they will look into it and nothing ever happened to avatars reported. Not sure if this is connected to the same group of hackers/scammers.

I have reported the people who were trying to sell plants and trees (they got for free of course) for +500 up to +1000, support said they will look into it and nothing ever happened to avatars reported. Not sure if this is connected to the same group of hackers/scammers.
free market xD if someone wants to misclick their entire pedcard on a technician bp they are free to do so :)

So what? Is their right to do so if they want. You just file suport cases for every bullsh_t.

Sorry to hear this happened to you.

the lessons for all in this are:
1. Use MFA
2. don’t use the same passwords
3. apply all updates to OS and to any apps you run
4. don’t click on links you don’t trust or know especially links on social media and in game chat.

stop installing any program and clicking every link

also no 2fa LUL

I am sorry to hear you were hacked .

Very weird that they used the bright Red Christmas plants to transfer Ped. ( expensive Christmas present )

I hope Mindark can track ( follow plant money ) and stop these hackers.

Thank you.

Well, it makes perfect sense. A hacker can get it for free and haul in a nice amount of peds this way.
MA has no legal means to take any action. They are not a victim in this. That's one of the reasons I made this post. The authorities here won't start an (international) investigation for such a small amount (hackers know that and so it's completely safe for them). If this sort of thing has happened to more players, maybe it will add up to an amount worth investigating for the authorities.

Sorry to hear this. Did you get your PED back at least?

Ask MA who you traded with/bought from? They should give this information

Dang Nakor sry to hear that.....ye 2FA is rly necessary here ......maybe also check your pc about trojans or similar virus/malware stuff.....

Thank you.

Yes, another reason I made this post is to make more people aware of the 2FA. I'm a simple F2P player. The lesson learned here is that, even if you're just a lowly sweater. USE 2FA!!!

Sorry to hear this. Did you get your PED back at least?

Thank you.

No, I did not. It makes sense though. Giving me my peds back would add debt to their books. The player I bought the plant from, might have nothing to do with this (innocent until proven guilty), so they can't just undo the trade (all trades are final)

Ask MA who you traded with/bought from? They should give this information
No, they won't. Privacy.
They told me they will give full cooperation to an investigating authority though

Maybe this post is in the wrong part of the forum. If so, I am sorry and please move it. It's about EU economy, so I thought this was a good place.

On December 31st my account was hacked. (accessed from another location was confirmed by MA support and |I did not log in that day at all)

I found out about it, because on new year's day I had bought a bright red plant for 1000 ped (the free Christmas present from Calypso), and most of the items in my inventory and storage on the planet I am were gone.

So far, nothing strange, but from what I can find, my account did not lose 1000ped worth of things, meaning the hacker got peds somewhere else too.
MA advised me to report this to my local authorities, but I know they won't start an (international) investigation for such a small amount (I lost maybe 500 peds).

So my questions are:

1) have more people had their accounts hacked and small amounts of peds have gone?

2) Hacker, if you're transferring peds from one hacked account to another hacked account to get a sum big enough to do something with. Please let me buy an estate next time, so I have somewhere to place my 2! bright red plants.

Now I'm curious. How did the scammer obtain your password? Any friends that play entropia try to send you a link? and ALWAYS use some type of 2fa. It really can make a big difference. Without it chances are I could even figure out how to log in to your account. Getting access to a account without 2f1 for me was like putting butter on a piece of bread. back in the day (when i was under 18) I ended up hacking someone TWICE. The second time they had a goldcard. But that was when i was a young punk. I don't perform those acts nor endorse them in anyway anymore.

Now I'm curious. How did the scammer obtain your password? Any friends that play entropia try to send you a link? and ALWAYS use some type of 2fa. It really can make a big difference. Without it chances are I could even figure out how to log in to your account. Getting access to a account without 2f1 for me was like putting butter on a piece of bread. back in the day (when i was under 18) I ended up hacking someone TWICE. The second time they had a goldcard. But that was when i was a young punk. I don't perform those acts nor endorse them in anyway anymore.

Cool story bro tell it again

More than 100$ in account? -> 2FA

Easy peasy.

I.

I'm curious too. None of my RL friends play Entropia (that I know of) and my in-game friends don't know my name/e-mail, etc. The e-mail associated with my account was one, I hadn't used for anything for years and before I came up with the name of Nakor. The password was not a terribly hard one, but it contained lower and, upper case letters and numbers and had nothing to do with my username or e-mail.

I'm curious too. None of my RL friends play Entropia (that I know of) and my in-game friends don't know my name/e-mail, etc. The e-mail associated with my account was one, I hadn't used for anything for years and before I came up with the name of Nakor. The password was not a terribly hard one, but it contained lower and, upper case letters and numbers and had nothing to do with my username or e-mail.

Very interesting, Perhaps the person who hacked you didn't play Entropia originally but made an account to steal your items? That would explain the red plants (How much are those worth by the way?) Or someone in your social circle asked you questions indirectly accidently revealing information that can be used against you. I remember I had to do this once to obtain someone's email and i got enough info to log on to his email where i found his passport and utility bill. That was enough to lock him out of his account for more then a week. Always be careful what information you reveal. For example if the scammer is talking about his birthday he's trying to get you to expose that information by asking you indirectly.

if I may ask, do you use the same password elsewhere? If so I recommend you stop doing that and use unique passwords.
Summer2020 is a password that meets most complexity requirements but is easily guessed. So avoid ones like that.
you were most likely either:
1. Password guessed
2. phished
3. socially engineered
4. breached on a related site ( this is a big issue, some sites are not aware of or notifying breaches)
5. keylogged

in all of those cases MFA would have prevented the hack.

if I may ask, do you use the same password elsewhere? If so I recommend you stop doing that and use unique passwords.
Summer2020 is a password that meets most complexity requirements but is easily guessed. So avoid ones like that.
you were most likely either:
1. Password guessed
2. phished
3. socially engineered
4. breached on a related site ( this is a big issue, some sites are not aware of or notifying breaches)
5. keylogged

in all of those cases MFA would have prevented the hack.

Yes, I have used the same password on other sites (nothing EU related), but never with the same e-mail/username.
It's still a big puzzle to me how a hacker got in, but all is changed now and whenever possible, I'll definitely use MFA

Very interesting, Perhaps the person who hacked you didn't play Entropia originally but made an account to steal your items? That would explain the red plants (How much are those worth by the way?) Or someone in your social circle asked you questions indirectly accidently revealing information that can be used against you. I remember I had to do this once to obtain someone's email and i got enough info to log on to his email where i found his passport and utility bill. That was enough to lock him out of his account for more then a week. Always be careful what information you reveal. For example if the scammer is talking about his birthday he's trying to get you to expose that information by asking you indirectly.

Good advice, but in my case, it cannot have been anyone from my social circle. I never talk about EU with other people (they're not into computer games) and with a lockdown here, visitors are very limited also. If it was someone hat made an account especially to get a few PEDS from me, they learned about the AH in a very short time..

A loser account with links to free services....
ROFLMAO!!!
Welding wire blueprint clicking service Lol....
Check entropialife before taking any stories like this seriously.
Probably really don't want to click those links Wink Wink Nudge Nudge!

Back