Tons to do, but bored...

When you mention cologne, come along to the gamescom and maybe we can set up a meet and greet for Entropians.

Cheers

- and it is too hot here to go to sports centres that are further away... when u r sporting in hangars where it is like 30°C and higher... that's a receipi to get ill.

30c is not that hot, you must get out more! It is supposed to be 37c + this week where I live and I will still be outside doing stuff! :D

30°C at the mediteranean or even in the alps is very doable and no problem at all

30°C in Belgium is terrible, because u get less oxygen etc etc.

People who are bored are simply unintelligent :wise:

I never saw an idiot bored. They are easily entertained even by small things, and if they have access to a computer they can troll for hours, finding it amusing. Full literacy is not even a requirement.

I never saw an idiot bored. They are easily entertained even by small things, and if they have access to a computer they can troll for hours, finding it amusing. Full literacy is not even a requirement.

exactly :)
there goes a saying, - something like 'blessed are the poor in spirit'

I did not take the effort to comment on it, because it usually takes a certain level of intelligence to understand, but here it is:
People who have a certain level of intelligence, often don't find satisfaction in simple things such as drinking, chatting to people about the wether and simple things. They often need more mind-challenging issues. Many intelligent people get depressed, because there are often not many others, to whom they can relay on the same or higher level.
Simply put: people with a below-average intelligence (both emotional or regular intelligence) usually feel happier, less bored, find easier satisfaction etc, or at least they think they do. Often they have not yet experienced the same things at another level :)

I know, this may cause some upset reactions, which is why I did not want to post something like this in the first place. But appearently there are others here who think alike :)

Please allow me to give an example:
- First of all, it takes one to know one. Imagine 2 computers, a state of the art 1991 x386, and a contemporary system. Imagine giving a certain calculation to the '91 (11MIPS) one, that takes him 3 days to process. The anno2013 (20400MIPS) one only needs about 2.3 minutes to do the job, and will afterwards go into idle mode. When in idle mode he can do more, or new things. Now by the time the '91 is finished, the 2013 will may have done an additional 1853 of these calculations, on which the '91 will take 3days for 1.
After 1854 calculations, the 2013 will come to certain conclusions, and the '91 will never be able to understand why. If he however, takes the additional 15.23 years to calculate the other 1853 calculations at his pace, he CAN understand the 2013 :), but by then the 2013 may have done an additional 8.705.739 of those calculations.

In short: it takes one to know one.
That is why intelligent people are often lonely, bored, unhappy :d

Find groups/organizations nearby active in a domain you're interested in at a hobby/amateur level. One thing which comes into mind is historical reenactments. Not my cup of tea really, but gotta admire those guys for the time, effort and passion they put in such activity.

ah count yourself lucky its just boring.. go out after dark in the west of Scotland and your lucky not to get stabbed :laugh:

omfg! I read the first post and was about to post something very very similar, then saw yours on the way down. Although not just West of Scotland lol

I try to not drink alcohol, that gives me headaches

And painkillers take the headache away so you can drink again.. problem solved!

Tons to do, but bored...

What to do if you live in a dull region?
When you go outside here at 7 o'clock in the evening, there is no soul around. Everybody is watching the tv. All hail for Belgium and infotainment !

When you go to Italy, noone goes home before 11 o'clock. Almost everyone enjoys the evening, some wine and a snack.
When you go to Köln, Germany, thousands of people enjoy the evening and a beer at riverside.

I'm also intellectually bored in this country.
I find bruge quite amusing, maybe you stay in the wrong part of town.

Won't find it here :p
No need for a sports center ...
Facing the same challenge myself ...

Take a camera (or paper / pencil) and go for a little walk ... find a beautiful view / object / face and ask for a photo or sketch it ?

Try yoga, doesn't take anything but your body (perhaps this can inspire: long-term goal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmX7-Gw966o ;))

Too warm? I agree :/ Can you get up before the sun to sport before it's hot?

Write a book? :)

Challenge yourself, see 'boundries' and cross them. For ex. talk to strangers? hitchhike? tell a story? laugh out loud? walk barefoot in the city? ... find something that challenges you, make mistakes.

Veel geluk ;)

Hmm.... Seems sex and alcohol are the wisest suggestions so far. Maybe even in a combination. :laugh:
Maybe add some rock&roll too. ;)

exactly :)
...[true examples]...
In short: it takes one to know one.
That is why intelligent people are often lonely, bored, unhappy :d

Ah yes silas. It's an old danish saying.
I think the reasoning is that if you're intelligent, you're smart enough to find something to do.

But it's still stupid and completely wrong. No idea why those ancient stupidities keeps surviving.
Like this other stupid lie, we also hear all the time: "There's no such thing as bad weather! Only wrong garments" (or however you translate it)

Stupid stupid stupid. Just because something has been repeated for ages, doesn't mean it true.
We really should start fining people saying those things.

Oops... I suppose I got a bit carried away there. I just hate those stupid old sayings. :D

read book >> sex >> cigaret >> read book >> think about good sex >> get wet >> more sex >> cigaret >> tired fell at sleap >> sex dreams >> harased >> Wake up >> sex >> cigaret >> log in EU shot Longhthoths >> think about sex whith longtoth >> mhhhhh :ahh:

LOL.....and all this time I thought you was a girlie in RL, based on your ava picture. If you are a girlie, you're thinking too much like a man...ha,ha,ha,ha.

Rick

Last edited:
What was seen cannot be unseen! :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

:laugh:

susshhhh :D

ps: I actually got out of bed, walked downstairs in the dark, turned my pc back on and re-logged in PCF to remove that last sentence. Women do have an wonderful flavour....enough of that I guess. LOL

Last edited:
meditate.....
place your mind in peace so you can see your creativity again

If you are bored then you aren't working hard enough.
Wish I had time to be bored :(

People who have a certain level of intelligence, often don't find satisfaction in simple things such as drinking, chatting to people about the wether and simple things. They often need more mind-challenging issues. Many intelligent people get depressed, because there are often not many others, to whom they can relay on the same or higher level.
Yeah this prison. One way out is the roleplay (wide sense of the word).

If u indeed have very powerful brain u can "decode" how exactly another person sees life. Walk in his shoes, so to say.

For some reason it works much better if u love the subject, or at least sincerely feel about him/her. A little knowledge of psychology wouldn't hurt. In any case it takes lot of work - have to develop the needed abilities first. Unless u natural, some ppl seem to be more talented than others.

When u "make contact" u will also remain conscious of your own personality. That's 2 simultaneous life experiences to process. Doesn't work with "big-headed" guys, too messed up, need the common folk.

Simple ppl are often more beautiful inside than the "clever" ones... ;)

[...] In short: it takes one to know one. That is why intelligent people are often lonely, bored, unhappy :d

Seems you're ready to get married :) Go get that girl, if you're lucky you'll be entertain for decades :)

If you're not lucky - rinse, repeat. If you're not into girls, forget it.

PS I still have my 386 PC somewhere, poor thing. Trying to play Doom with only 4 Mb of memory and constantly crashing lead me to learn a lot about computers.

And painkillers take the headache away so you can drink again.. problem solved!

or dont stop drinking at all although after 48 hours you do start to feel extremely weird (this comes with a government health warning)

I think the reasoning is that if you're intelligent, you're smart enough to find something to do.

If you're intelligent it's harder to find a challenge, you'll want to do stuff that is not immediately available so ... you get bored. :cool:

or dont stop drinking at all although after 48 hours you do start to feel extremely weird (this comes with a government health warning)

Did this once at Uni. Nearly died. 76 hours awake after 3 massive nights out drinking, I fell asleep on a bench in Loughborough with Spitfire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4BU0SS-8x0) on full blast in my headphones.

Woke up a few hours later in a bit of a pickle.

learn true form of meditation and you will never be bored.

get some kids , you wish you could just sitt down and be bored again :tongue2:

but i can confess , gothenburg in the winter +the never coming spring can be really boring , the bad weather makes one really consider to migrate southwards to beers and bbq all week long

I guess you like sex rather than play EU...what is wrong with you :p:laugh:

Nothing like having the girlfriend bring me a beer while I'm on EU, and then she gets under the computer desk ;)

yes, but did you ever see a cool person who thought themselves to be bored?

Most idiots are boring.

I have no time for them, but they have a lot of time for themselves.

But in general they say nothing, do nothing, offer nothing.

They are generally poorly educated, but full of their sense of ability.

it's simple your mind will Expand 100x if you just meditate and that is all there is to say.

I like the thread, it hits a line we are all thinking of.

But it misses a basic point.

Which is why are we bored and what do we mean by boredom?

What scares me is that we think we are all smart and well educated so we can make smart comments about the game or whatever.

No

We need to be honest and imagine we are actually stupid.

Then we get a result.

Please.

Back