Tools?

Frank, please be sure to include the following two community sites:

EntropiaRadio.com - Participant owned and operated internet radio station dedicated to Entropia Universe, featuring a variety of music channels, as well as exclusive interviews with MindArk staff and developers

Entropians.com - A dedicated instant messaging client and server platform for Entropia Universe participants.

On that note, what will happen to all the community Soc sites that are corrently listed ? Will they still be part of the links collection ?

I understand some of them need to be cleaned out but a lot are still very active ;)

As you are asking about tools, how about an in-built calculator into Crytropia?

Sooner or later you need to buy and sell something - and that's when the old desktop calculator is required. ;)

Do it in your head, noob :D Mental arithmetic ftw!

I once suggested to add chat commands for calculations. Please Frank add this.

/c 1+2
/c 2*2.9
etc

But that's an excellent idea.

Last edited:
No, don't worry:) In the new Planet Calypso website we're dividing the community section into Forums (ef, german forum, entropia france etc.), Knowledge (entropedia, zapps loot table etc.), Tools (tracker, skill calc. etc.) and Societies.

I just wanted to find a list of all the differnent tools you all have made along the way. While we won't be able to host the different programs, we can provide links.

What do you think?

Sound good I think, but I'm not really sure why we need a Official Forum when we have EF, I think it will be hard for you guys to convince everybody to go to your forum instead of EF because EF has a large community with people that know each other well and it has a huge amount of info, you are never gonna get into your forum and . . . we all love this forum :D.

The only thing I don't like is the forum by language, this way our german and french friends will not be able to read our info and maybe worse, we can not read theirs.

Sound good I think, but I'm not really sure why we need a Official Forum when we have EF

The way I read it, there will not be an OFFICIAL forum, just that they are dividing the community links pages into sub-categories, such as Forums, Tools, etc. Nothing will compete with EF ;)

I think it is a good idea, especially for newer players, who have no ideas what other websites are out there.

After reading Franks post a few more times I think you are right.
That changes my opinion to.....great idea ! ! ! :yay:

No, don't worry:) In the new Planet Calypso website we're dividing the community section into Forums (ef, german forum, entropia france etc.), Knowledge (entropedia, zapps loot table etc.), Tools (tracker, skill calc. etc.) and Societies.

I just wanted to find a list of all the differnent tools you all have made along the way. While we won't be able to host the different programs, we can provide links.

What do you think?

is it ok for you to tell us this? o_O you guys usually refuse to tell us even the tinyest details until right before or during a vu.

OMG its about Time MA had there Own Official Forum site. this is Long past DUE

WTG ma good work

OMG its about Time MA had there Own Official Forum site. this is Long past DUE

WTG ma good work

The way I read it, there will not be an OFFICIAL forum, just that they are dividing the community links pages into sub-categories, such as Forums, Tools, etc. Nothing will compete with EF ;)

I think it is a good idea, especially for newer players, who have no ideas what other websites are out there.

Thats how i read it also.

Ma should have created a official forum along time ago. i am not saying that I don't like EF. what I am Saying is that Every other Gaming community Has an Official forum Hosted on their websites. if Ma did this they could tie it directly to your in game Avatar and also make it available to be accessible from in game as well as out.

Something for you to think about Frank.

Ma should have created a official forum along time ago. i am not saying that I don't like EF. what I am Saying is that Every other Gaming community Has an Official forum Hosted on their websites. if Ma did this they could tie it directly to your in game Avatar and also make it available to be accessible from in game as well as out.

Frank is talking about a links page. It has nothing to do with an official forum.

Not a tool per se, but the latest revision of the robot beacomn mission map can be found at:

www.calypsotel.com

If First Planet sees benefit in providing a link to the site for fellow players, I hereby grant permission to do so.

AG

On a side note couldnt MA just include a autoscreen grabber ? I hate not being able to autoscreen with vista 64*

What do you think?

Great! I really think you are on the good track there!

I suggest you check the auction.... A lot of crafted and thus player made tools ;)

is it ok for you to tell us this? o_O you guys usually refuse to tell us even the tinyest details until right before or during a vu.

Probably asking for the links simply because they do not give any insider information asking where to find PE Assistant for example.

Frank, if you do put on your site different forums can you please make sure that you do not give one site or tool front page and center and hide everything else in obscurity?

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with EF, it is just that a "service" this size would usually expect to have many different forums, not just one (albeit in many different languages)...and gateway cannot be called a community site as whenever I check it you cannot login and there is absolutely no-one on it yet it takes topspot and many other worthy sites never have a chance.

An idea for it would be having some kind of leaderboard system where people can use their login ONCE per day to "vote" for their favourite site...which means they all have the chance at the top, of course EF will always be number 1 because it is the biggest but the smaller ones can try for 2nd-5th can't they? (competition between forums is good.)

Frank, if you do put on your site different forums can you please make sure that you do not give one site or tool front page and center and hide everything else in obscurity?

i guess you all know that MA has already a page with community sites, right?:

http://account.entropiauniverse.com/pe/en/rich/5348.html

it's not like it's something new; it has been there forever. the only thing new i can see here is that they want to add participant-made tools.

There used to be a tool that automatically took pictures of globals for you, is that still around?

it's not like it's something new; it has been there forever. the only thing new i can see here is that they want to add participant-made tools.

This is the place I checked last night before writing what I did, so I know that there is only 40 listed and apart from entropiaforum and its various other language sites and a couple of others such as entropedia they are all dead.

Hey Frank!

As long as we're talking about tools, can we have one that lets of see a Zegon? We'd really like to start killing this new and interesting mob.

Thanks!

AG

Confirming this. FPC does not intend to open up a Planet Calypso forum run by FPC. We believe it is better handled by the community itself - like it is now. However we will add more community related links on the FPC / Planet Calypso website for much easier access compared to the Entropia Universe web site of today.

There used to be a tool that automatically took pictures of globals for you, is that still around?

No, it's dead.

I hope to iron out the bugs in mine so you'll have one again which works.

Tussi

From what Frank said earlier it seems like he intends to revamp that whole page so there may be a bit more to it than that, but should be more or less the same idea.

I guess this is something Frank wants to do as part of his new role as the Community Guy (possibly not his official job title :)) at FPC/MA.

Confirming this. FPC does not intend to open up a Planet Calypso forum run by FPC. We believe it is better handled by the community itself - like it is now. However we will add more community related links on the FPC / Planet Calypso website for much easier access compared to the Entropia Universe web site of today.
In other words you prefer to have community forum run by heavily invested player to keep forced positive image of FPC without you getting blamed.
Please do atleast rethink the usability on FPC-site and offer also non-Flash version for interaction.

Nice to hear Tussi, I'll keep my eyes open.

Marco is chipping out.Everyone bail out:yay:

Back