Top 7 MMO Terms You Need to Know Before Seeing Ready Player One - Geek

News Bot

Guardian

[SIZE=-2]Geek[/SIZE]

Top 7 MMO Terms You Need to Know Before Seeing Ready Player One
[SIZE=-1]Geek[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]A Buff is a beneficial status effect that boosts attributes for you and your party. Buffs include increased health, defense, and attack damage. Dedicated healers can place buffs on tanks to help them survive vicious attacks or heal the team if they are ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=d7kKLuShfkWjcTM&authuser=0&ned=us[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

Would much rather have seen a definition for RCE than Buff for Entropia , it more defines the platform.

That entropia is mentioned is weird. I wonder what Mindark payed to get it mentioned

That entropia is mentioned is weird. I wonder what Mindark payed to get it mentioned

The "Aggro" section features a shot from Next Island's Ancient Greece. I suspect it all comes from the same party who recently promoted NI on mmorpg.com, whoever they are.

I just went to read the reference and it's definitely shoehorned in.

Is "Entropia Universe" a game now? Because I seem to recall a lot of discussion about how that isn't a game.

If this was pushed by NI or a supporter they really shot themselves in the foot. It may help bring new players but I doubt NI will get revenue from the generic EU platform download.

I guarantee MindArk paid to have it mentioned, as EU is certainly not well known enough for most avid gamers to think of it before WoW when it comes to buffs.
Either way, it's good to see their marketing "department" (in reality the one guy who calls himself "Director of Marketing" who has no employees below him) is actually doing something.

The reference to EU looks so fake and out of place it's hilarious.
This game didn't have any buffs for most of it's existence. They were introduced as an attempt to be more like those other, successful games out there.

I've always hated those attempts to make EU more WoW-like. Every step in that general direction is a step away from what EU once was.

I can understand the developers are under constant pressure from their (potential) player base. It's always easier to conform than stand your ground... especially if you haven't got one (read: if you don't really believe in it).

The constant search for "new ideas" outside the game is yet another sign of exactly the same problem.

I wonder what their definition of fapping would have been.

Back