Help: [Toulan] The client crashes with exception after 29 Jan 2010 update

SuperFly

Guardian
Society
LCA>TKoE>CoTS>Freelancer
Leo SuperFly Phoenix
I can't login since 29 Jan 2010 Client Update.
The client crashes just after LOADING... screen with an exception:

[ExceptionInfo]
ExceptionAddress=4136789203
ExceptionCode=c0000005
Version=17.0.4.165845
SectorID=1
ServerID=6411

I was on Toulan before the update.

P.S. yes, i tried safe-mode / shaders & cache clearing / reinstall etc...

Create support case they will transfer you to other planet.

If you are using Windows, I have found sometimes after an update the client crashes bad, running one time as administrator does something to fix it, then you can go back to running as usual.

I am on Toulan to and also had the game crash while loging in.

I tried running the launcher as administrator, didn't work.

A reinstall fixed it for me :)

Reactions: Elf
:lolup::lolup: still doing the same shit the client loader keep crashing:yay:

kk the solution is: remove settings-ce.cfg file from public_users_data folder and don't change the graphics settings to mid/low.

there is a bug with toulan textures.

enjoy

I just wanted to clarify, to save time, because I couldn't find the Public_Users_data folder for Entropia Universe until I opened the Launcher and clicked tools, folders, browse. And saw that the folder was under Program Data, of which I was also unable to find without going through the tools in the Entropia Launcher...

So,
Quick resolve.
Open a folder on your computer and in the browse section at the top, paste/type, C:\ProgramData\entropia universe\public_users_data
That is the location of settings-ce.cfg

This solution does work, I just tried it out on my laptop, thanks for the help earlier today SuperFly, :D

Can anyone confirm this for me please ?

kk the solution is: remove settings-ce.cfg file from public_users_data folder and don't change the graphics settings to mid/low.

there is a bug with toulan textures.

enjoy

I'm not sure I understand.

Currently my settings are already set to medium and 2 or 3 things to low.
Should I leave them or should I set the game to high ?
I've heard that the game doesn't crash for people who have the game set to high, is that it ?

The last time I went to Toulan, the game crashed when I landed on the planet, and then it was impossible to get me back as the game crashed every time it was loading.
So I had to ask MA to move my avatar to Calypso.

I have to go back to Toulan, but I'm afraid it's going to happen again, so can someone confirm this ?

PS:

Since I've just noticed that the thread is from January, I'd like to point out that it happened to me not long ago.
About a month and a half ago.
So it may seem surprising for someone who doesn't know MA that this kind of bug could be present for such a long time...
But we know MA.. Then it seems very plausible for us that it probably hasn't been fixed yet... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This is the post on Toulan forum regarding this issue and yes it is still a thing.

:sneaky:
This is the post on Toulan forum regarding this issue and yes it is still a thing.

Thank you. :)

Finally I tried it yesterday already.
I set the graphics to high, and it worked, no crash.
My PC can run the game on high, but it's getting so hot that I'm afraid flames would coming out of the fans that make a deafening noise.. :giggle: , so I usually run it in low/medium.

From what I see on the link you give, it would also work in Medium, so the problem would be only for Low setting ?

Anyway, it's a shame that this bug has been around for six months now... (n)

It seems to be just a corrupted file I think, and it's likely that it's the one that shows up in the crash log.
And of course I sent the crash log to MA.
It had the name of the file that was loading at the exact time of the crash on it.
I don't have this log anymore, but from memory, the filename contained the word "square". (maybe it can help Toulan team or MA...)

Glad your able to log in. Aparently if you just put textures on medium even safe mode would work.
Mind you , i have not tested this .

It sure crash in Safe mode.

I tried it the first time when the game crashed, it was still crashing.
And I've read other people who tried it, and it didn't work too

Only High settings works for sure, and maybe Medium. (no Low, no Safe mode)

Back