Tower?

trance

Elite
Society
Natural Born Killers
hypnotica TRANCE blain
I heard, that it is impossible to get a unamped tower in outdoor mining, since a while. Is this true?
If YES, what do you think about this?

It’s false.

We’ve had two 5.5-6k unamped towers and one 4.4k I believe. I have it in a spreadsheet somewhere, but currently not home.

You’d have to lose a fuck ton of ped before you hit one though.

It’s false.

We’ve had two 5.5-6k unamped towers and one 4.4k I believe. I have it in a spreadsheet somewhere, but currently not home.

...or just get lucky.

It’s false.

Would be about time, then i lost a shitload :)

Thanks for info!

as far as i know the pcf guy named gewitter made a formula for the max possible multiplier and that was:
(decay + probe cost) * 3,3 * 750 (*5 for indoor)
on an f105 that would be roughly 2450 peds. afaik he offered (or still is maybe) a 1000 ped reward for anyone provign he got a higher multiplier (the 750 in this case, as the 3,3 refers to the hitrate multiplier). and noone got the reward in all this time. when you use a dsec L 30 finder that uses double the probes it would 4900 peds so that would be a tower. and if you search for treasure on ark it would be *1,5 for the higher probe usage so roughly 7425 peds.

ive yet to see a screenshot from someone proving he got something higher since jan 2013 (the major change to this mechanic)

kickbacks are better than luck...

inb4 tinfoil hat personal loot theory

kickbacks don't exsist.
At least that's what MA confirmed. And I know it's stupid, but i still believe them.

as far as i know the pcf guy named gewitter made a formula for the max possible multiplier and that was:
on an f105 that would be roughly 2450 peds. afaik he offered (or still is maybe) a 1000 ped reward for anyone provign he got a higher multiplier (the 750 in this case, as the 3,3 refers to the hitrate multiplier). and noone got the reward in all this time. when you use a dsec L 30 finder that uses double the probes it would 4900 peds so that would be a tower. and if you search for treasure on ark it would be *1,5 for the higher probe usage so roughly 7425 peds.

ive yet to see a screenshot from someone proving he got something higher since jan 2013 (the major change to this mechanic)

Would be nice, if MA could confirme this!

I dont like amped mining, but i also don't like the idea, that i never can get a tower unamped.. so MA, please tell us the truth!

to my knowledge the max multi in mining will always be 10000x of drop cost (though i've only seen this happen indoors so who knows). Outdoors his formula might be correct, but Vadio hit a 9k alternative with a f-105 and lvl 5 amp planetside... so kinda throws that calculation of a bit.

My guess is that the above used to be correct, but has since changed in the last year or so.

to my knowledge the max multi in mining will always be 10000x of drop cost (though i've only seen this happen indoors so who knows). Outdoors his formula might be correct, but Vadio hit a 9k alternative with a f-105 and lvl 5 amp planetside... so kinda throws that calculation of a bit.

My guess is that the above used to be correct, but has since changed in the last year or so.

maybe it should be *1000 and not *750 but as its really really rare its hard to test.

maybe it should be *1000 and not *750 but as its really really rare its hard to test.

yeah i agree..

it's also kind of arbitrary.. i'm more interested in longterm TT, effects of tax, resource distributions base on amp size, etc...

My biggest to date tower was unamped. 6.xk something. But was in the gold era

I made some time ago a challenge if someone gets over a certain amount hof unamped withoyut pre-amped finders, i would pay the person. I think i had that to be 1.2k+. Don't remember the exact number but yea. I'm sure with this "new" mining or loot system, you won't get over a certain amount. But the Loot 2.0 might have changed this. I know it applied to hunting, but we might get an update for mining too one day soon :confused:

I made some time ago a challenge if someone gets over a certain amount hof unamped withoyut pre-amped finders, i would pay the person. I think i had that to be 1.2k+. Don't remember the exact number but yea. I'm sure with this "new" mining or loot system, you won't get over a certain amount. But the Loot 2.0 might have changed this. I know it applied to hunting, but we might get an update for mining too one day soon :confused:

Since loot 2.0 I’ve found mining TT returns are closer to the 96-97% MA listed for hunting. Similarly, we are getting a lot of 10k+ towers planetside these days.

Prior to loot 2.0, 92-93% TT was god tier

I once hit an 6,7k alicenies tower @ fort fury, unamped and with a TT finder. But was like in 2006. :cool:

Since loot 2.0 I’ve found mining TT returns are closer to the 96-97% MA listed for hunting. Similarly, we are getting a lot of 10k+ towers planetside these days.

Bullshit... was before and still is way lower than 96%... if amped ofc.. i dont know about unamped.. 96% would be fairly easy to get to 100%+ with MU, but ofc the game wont let you do that..

Last edited:
Bullshit... was before and still is way lower than 96%... if amped ofc.. i dont know about unamped.. 96% would be fairly easy to get to 100%+ with MU, but ofc the game wont let you do that..

the game doesnt care if you profit via MU or not. because the game (MA) doesnt pay the MU price. the players do.

I got 2 unamped towers, in the past, but is more as 3 years ago.

Was the 10K towers unamped.. thats the question... Amped tower is not impossible. I wondering about unamped towers.

I’ve done it quite well over the last 2.6mil ped cycled.

Results are different for everyone. July and August 2017 were 96.14% on 190k. October 2017 was 96.67% on 81k. This month is obviously well over 96% but I was at 94.49% without the 22k.

Avoiding tax and having a really high turnover helps. I’ll standby my spreadsheets and ped card until I observe differently

Depends how double-triple dropping affects. Striclty treasure+l3, my tower was 6k+ multi. The ore drop didn't influenced, because there was a claim of ore in same drop. If enmatter did amped it, then we have (0,5+1,5)+(2x1)=4 amping, still 4k multi. Decay on f212 is negligeable in this case. Even if all of them amped, we'd have 6 cost and 16k+ find, still over 2k multi. But then maybe is geometric, with ore x enmatter x treasure, but then should be consistent runs under 30% which is not the case, it's the opposite.

So, if unamped and amped work the same (which I don't believe) and if double-triple doesn't mean each of them amplifying the other (which again I don't believe), is very much possible to tower unamped, just that extremely rare.

Depends how double-triple dropping affects. Striclty treasure+l3, my tower was 6k+ multi. The ore drop didn't influenced, because there was a claim of ore in same drop. If enmatter did amped it, then we have (0,5+1,5)+(2x1)=4 amping, still 4k multi. Decay on f212 is negligeable in this case. Even if all of them amped, we'd have 6 cost and 16k+ find, still over 2k multi. But then maybe is geometric, with ore x enmatter x treasure, but then should be consistent runs under 30% which is not the case, it's the opposite.

So, if unamped and amped work the same (which I don't believe) and if double-triple doesn't mean each of them amplifying the other (which again I don't believe), is very much possible to tower unamped, just that extremely rare.

Yes, agree, it ever was extremly rare to get a unamped tower. I mine since more as 11 years 98% or more unamped. In that time i got 2 tower. The first one i got on caly after 7 years mining and the second one was unamped into UG on Ark, 2 years after the first tower.

There is a big different between amped and unamped mining. I realy get a nice hit rate unamped, but in the moment i try out a amp, my hit rate go extremly down. (at outdoor mining)

the game doesnt care if you profit via MU or not. because the game (MA) doesnt pay the MU price. the players do.

Sometimes it sure feels like it cares... crafting is the easiest way to notice it... usually when you are down thousands the game might give you some nice prints to even the losses... in mining when you chase the MU the tt return is always at the rock bottom... hunting just doesnt have MU..

I’ve done it quite well over the last 2.6mil ped cycled.

Results are different for everyone. July and August 2017 were 96.14% on 190k. October 2017 was 96.67% on 81k. This month is obviously well over 96% but I was at 94.49% without the 22k.

Avoiding tax and having a really high turnover helps. I’ll standby my spreadsheets and ped card until I observe differently

Then you are just very lucky and must withdraw tons of peds per month...

Then you are just very lucky and must withdraw tons of peds per month...

Nvm don’t want to go off topic.

I’ll say this: high turnover pays out.

Until it doesnt.. trust me i got experience...

same.. i lost 27k in one month (after markup, TT loss was 42k)... then i got it all back the next.. right around 93% tt

Back