Tracker shows more then 50% player drop in hunting globals!

Status
One thing I also noticed is that this weekend no big hofs anymore ....

Blackhawk is saying everyone will get ubers as compensation sooner or later not that someone else is paying for other people`s ubers.

Blackhawk is free to correct me if he stated otherwise.

And I am saying the exact same thing. If you read my fulll post (not just the bit at the end) you see me say that people get their big uber, yes, but many do not save it to cover the bad period, and many others get the bad luck first and cannot deposit enough to keep playing til the big uber comes.

MA need to make it so play is sustainable at an affordable cost without depending on big ubers

jay

Blackhawk is saying everyone will get ubers as compensation sooner or later not that someone else is paying for other people`s ubers.

Blackhawk is free to correct me if he stated otherwise.

First of all, I do not know how loot system works. So I have no clue how they actually give the hof's. All I know, is that all people that were active, eventually looted a big uber. And by active, I mean cycling several millions of peds, and not staying online many hours. If you cycle several million of peds, you will eventually loot a big one, even if the system is not designed to give it to you specifically. But the fact that you or someone else will loot that big uber loot is a clear indication that you and everyone else will have to pay for all of it eventually. In the end, it all results in loses way above the 1$/hr. And that proves to be a huge lie MA serves us.

I was tempted at some point to sue Mindark and ask them to prove in court that they do not charge the player base more than 1.5$/hour, as is stated on their website and in public communication. But the fact that they are in Sweden makes this a hard thing to do and I decided to give up. Especially because the numbers can be forged and interpreted in different ways to suit the needs of the moment. Also, many people suspected that uber loots or uber items are looted by special people. We all said that it can't be true, because MA would not risk doing such a thing. But then again, no one contested that in a court and no one ever will. So why would they not do it? This could be a huge cost saver in the end.

I do not know if they read all this. But in their place, I would be worried. I used to be one of those that trusted the system, did all that was possible to bring more people in. Advised people to do things the way I considered to be reasonable and I was convinced FOR A LONG TIME that my advice was good. And now it is not anymore.

A bit more analysis

OK, thinking some more about the change in loot variance. I think MA is doing something very clever, but short-sighted:

We all agree that the game needs more noobs, right? MA have implemented an awful lot of changes to make the game more attractive to noobs. And not just any noob , but the kind of noob who says "I don't mind making regular deposits if game play is worth it" . Kudos to MA so far. None of us want the business to go under, and they are doing their best to keep it afloat.

Now, I think the change in loot variance is successful from that perspective. The happy noob goes on depositing, because 50% losses are quite easily offset by reasonable deposits at a noob level of gameplay. In return for this, the noob gets a realistic prospect of the thrill of an uber loot, way before he has the skill to hunt uber mobs.

The problem arises when he increases his level of gameplay, due to increasing skill. Now he can't so offset those losses, and loses heart. For a really active noob (the kind we really want to keep) this can happen pretty fast.

MA cannot afford to go on alienating mid-level and uber players, as is the case right now, because:

1) the happy, depositing, noob will often get to mid-level in a matter of months. Or at least to the level where depositing really hurts.

2) MA's long term bread-and-butter income comes , not from selling off unreal estate, nor from an army of noobs, but from PED cycled through gameplay. This means, in effect, that it largely comes from active mid-level and uber players who cycle PED really fast

3) without active, happy, higher level players to inspire them, the noob has nothing to aim for

jay

First of all, I do not know how loot system works. So I have no clue how they actually give the hof's.

Didn`t you say in a post few days earlier your soc mate Alina cracked the loot system? :) Can`t he give you more details about that as the good soc buddy that he is ?

Much worse loot the last time so why spend so much money.
It appears that MA empties checkout prior to order the new owners take over or you will not have a favorite mega ATH.

Didn`t you say in a post few days earlier your soc mate Alina cracked the loot system? :) Can`t he give you more details about that as the good soc buddy that he is ?

That post was more or less sarcastic. However, he is on to something, but if what he thinks is true, then it is really sad...
Works for him tho...
I can't say what is, because what he knows and shares is fair to be private unless he decides otherwise.

And what MA would do or not....

And it is likely that they also do it after I have submitted questions via the support in the cross so that they will ultimately confused how they will respond as I know it has happened that they lied in the responses they gave so therefore I assume that they do as it suits them and what they believe to be right now to create publicity.

So that everyone has the same chance that I do not believe on that MA is holding everything secret and it is those who sit on the loot server.

:twocents:

Reason for lack of hunting.

I've read all the previous replies, and in my opinion the entire issue comes down to 'affordability'.

the average depositor can not afford for a $50 deposit to last a few hunts (or less than 24 hours). You should be able to the hunt the mobs you want to hunt, and the returns should reflect the expenditure, especially if you deposit, and therefore have paid in advance to have some reasonable time to enjoy those paid for peds.

I've noticed there are less semi-full LR rifles for sale. So lets say you buy a full cheap low MU LR Rifle say 240 peds thats $24.
That gives you $26 or 260 remaining peds to buy ammo and hunt (actually less as you pay a fee on the deposit using a credit card).

Assuming you're first hunt on say atrox or ambul is unsuccessful, its likely the second run will be with say 150 peds ammo, after repairs. that is probably a 30-40 min hunt. That is not very much ammo to attempt to pull a global.

So $50 does not last very long at all hunting regain mobs.

There will be those that will argue you should hunt smaller mobs. But I remember when regain was increased the loot was promised to reflect the additional costs.

Look all I want is to deposit say $50 - $100 max a month and play as I like for the whole month (this is the price of say a playstation game). That is my current budget simple as that. (no longer $300+ a month). To me that is fair.

Lots of avas now are creating other ways to be in game without massive expediture, flying around in aircraft or driving their cars, but they would rather be hunting.

We all love the world of EU, thats why we are still here. Please do not take our deposits so quickly. Maybe I am a total noob understanding the loot drop system and it is my personal fault for losing on so many hunts. Then please adjust the loot for thick players that don't know how to trigger regular globals.

I am currently sweating after depositing $200 in October and we remain doing so, until the next pay day comes around and I can afford to buy more peds. There will come a point though, when I finally say "why am I doing this". Please do not exploit the support despositing players provide to the life of EU

all my love to the universe

Rick England.

There will be those that will argue you should hunt smaller mobs. But I remember when regain was increased the loot was promised to reflect the additional costs.

Look all I want is to deposit say $50 - $100 max a month and play as I like for the whole month (this is the price of say a playstation game). That is my current budget simple as that. (no longer $300+ a month). To me that is fair.

Rick England.

Good points.
And that is not too much to expect from a paying customer as well.

With a $50-$100 a month budget, a cash customer should be able to have much more fun than the current system allows.
And without any of the overly restrictive rules and regulations suggested on this forum.

Would the mods please move this thread back to "General" or wherever it started?

It's not about Tracker but about the alarming drop in player numbers. It no more belongs under Tracker than a thread about the weather would belong under "Scientific instruments> Barometers" :laugh:

It's not getting the attention it deserves here

jay :)

...This is a real cash economy but we are very much in the dark in regards to how the economic system works...
...I say: give us the same economic indicators that any other civilization has.

I can virtually guarantee you it'll never happen. Two reasons: a) They have a lot to hide, and b) Darkness, confusion, and imbalance are the three cornerstones of MA's business plan.

Would the mods please move this thread back to "General" or wherever it started?

It's not about Tracker but about the alarming drop in player numbers. It no more belongs under Tracker than a thread about the weather would belong under "Scientific instruments> Barometers" :laugh:

Thank you!

I do understand why mods (mindark/fpc) want to sweep this post under the carpet tho.

I can only judge from my point of view that no longer includes a lot of EU. I spent a lot of time in EU over the last years and with that a bunch of money - i have to say the game was worth that money at a time.

Over time my cost increased and as i started with EU-Hunter it was a nice thing to do and still stay ingame (still working on it so no worries ;)). Ok as i use my tool all the time i know how much the time i spent in EU did cost. My conclusion is that it's not worth it, the graph is depressing and is not far from a straight line down into minus.

And no it has nothing to do with the real world economy - i have way higher funds available now than i had a few years back but i simply no longer spend it in EU. For me it's all about the feeling. If i do a 400 ped ammo run and get home with no global i don't have to tell you guys that this run was neither fun nor was it cheap - i can go out and drink a lot of beer with that and even the hangover will last longer than the hunt. I still log in but hours per day turnd into maybe an hour per week...

As long as it stays like that i don't see the numbers going up again. Ask yourself when you last told other ppl to play EU - i still say i do it myself but i don't say go for it to others.

Over 100 replies so far and that's "not enough"? :laugh:

Actually, this thread seems to be (to me) what you can interpret from the ET numbers. And there has been quite a lot of theories, from people hunting smaller mobs now, team hunting more, etc.

I originally debated about placing it in the hunting section, but it's not quite about that is it? In the end, this is all about the ET numbers and interpreting them.

Sticking things in GD does NOT increase their visibility.

I do understand why mods (mindark/fpc) want to sweep this post under the carpet tho.

If I wanted to "bury" something, I'd simply delete it. Frankly, I've always enjoyed following this thread. I don't move threads to "bury" them. I move them so they're in a more appropriate category and thereby, contrary to your claim, often make them MORE visible to those who might be interested in it.

I can only judge from my point of view ... I spent a lot of time in EU over the last years and with that a bunch of money ... Over time my cost increased ... as i use [a tracking] tool i know how much the time i spent in EU did cost. My conclusion is that it's not worth it ...
For me it's all about the feeling. If i do a 400 ped ammo run and get home with no global i don't have to tell you guys that this run was neither fun nor was it cheap - i can go out and drink a lot of beer with that and even the hangover will last longer than the hunt. I still log in but hours per day turnd into maybe an hour per week...
As long as it stays like that i don't see the numbers going up again. Ask yourself when you last told other ppl to play EU

You said it all, saved me some time, thanks :)

November 06th 2010

Hunting Stats:
Current rank (30 days): xxx of 2928

Mining Stats:
Current rank (30 days): xxxx of 1960

Crafting Stats:
Current rank (30 days): xxx of 1464

So in the last 30days only 6352 unique avatar globals in entropia..... this is still crazy low. :wise:

November 06th 2010

Hunting Stats:

Mining Stats:

Crafting Stats:

So in the last 30days only 6352 unique avatar globals in entropia..... this is still crazy low. :wise:

And what if half of the miners and half of the crafters also scored a hunting global?
4640 remaining...

Over 100 replies so far and that's "not enough"? :laugh:

Actually, this thread seems to be (to me) what you can interpret from the ET numbers. And there has been quite a lot of theories, from people hunting smaller mobs now, team hunting more, etc.
Personally, i found this thread only because a socmate posted a link in chat. Many of my friends have also found this thread now, because I, likewise, sent them links. Now these links are flying around because large numbers of people are expressing concern in-game about dwindling player numbers, and grumbling in-game about high loot variance, which seems to be the main reason. I don;t know anybody who just stumbled on this thread. We have little to say about Tracker itself but the subject of THIS thread is something that concerns almost everyone. It's had quite a few replies in spite of its position in the forum, not because of it.

I say, again, if somebody posted their concern anout the weather, would you put that thread under scirentific instruments>barometers?

Kimmi was clearly concerned about drop in player numbers, and seized on what appeared to be incontrovertible evidence (the Tracker statistics). Naturally, people questioned that evidence, as always. That does not alter the subject matter of the thread.

Would you write off a murder trial as a "debate about forensic evidence" just because such debate would be bound to occur? Apparently you would. :laugh:

Unlike Kimmi, I don't doubt your intentions, but this is daft.

What must we do to get these concerns taken seriously? Avoid presenting evidence?

Last edited:
November 06th 2010

Hunting Stats:

Mining Stats:

Crafting Stats:

You can deduct at least 4 from your total because I and a socmate got globals in hunting and mining and "Kimmi Kimmi EFnet" got Globals in every profession...
Or as Kemp stated a lot of hunters also mine or craft with their found ressources and also crafters sometimes global in other professions - so to deduct maybe 50% of the globalling avas from Mining and Crafting should lead to a better number of unique globalling avatars

Personally, i found this thread only because a socmate posted a link in chat.

I found this thread because I clicked on the "New Posts" button at the top. I would assume that many other people do the same thing when browsing the forum. If that's how you do it, it doesn't really matter what section the thread is in. If it's been posted in recently, you will see it on the list.

November 06th 2010

Hunting Stats:

Mining Stats:

Crafting Stats:

Honestly Kimmi As I see the situation ATM if they not change loot balance soon this number will drops more and more....I was playing EU for past 2 years almost every day know don't see the point in past 2-3 month no matter what i do my loot return in better days come about 70-80% otherwise is 50-60% even with eco mining or eco hunting was the same thing....So I lost my patience and burn rest of my savings on much faster way...My point is I ussualy deposit after something good happend 2 me or after i read some tread from much expirience player who show's me that he is a happy and satisfied but this is almost immposible 2 find this days...So no more depositing from me and will not do this gambling activities no more.....Ppl don't get me wrong is ok if you loosing but when you play by the book and loosing so much is just Frustrating and NO FUN AT ALL...

6th Nov 2010
Hunting Stats:

Mining Stats:

Crafting Stats:

26. Feb 2011
Hunting Stats:
Current rank (30 days): 159 of 3173

Mining Stats:
Current rank (30 days): 946 of 1998

Crafting Stats:
Current rank (30 days): 282 of 1630

More players are playing!11!!!11!!11!!!11

6th Nov 2010

26. Feb 2011

More players are playing!11!!!11!!11!!!11

LOL - possibly something to do with the "Balancing" situation - every player with an alt is being busy :p

I found this thread because I clicked on the "New Posts" button at the top. I would assume that many other people do the same thing when browsing the forum. If that's how you do it, it doesn't really matter what section the thread is in. If it's been posted in recently, you will see it on the list.

I don't use that button, because, way back when, it threw up more posts than i can handle. I'm sure others feel the same. It;'s prolly OK now this forum is so dead though.

Incidentally, somebody just necroed the thread, or else you wouldn't have found it, but i would (cos I'm subscribed to it)

Why does everybody think that their way of browsing is the way to do it? I really admire the stamina of people who set to trawl through every new post on a forum this size, but can they possibly really be in the majority? :scratch2:

Why does everybody think that their way of browsing is the way to do it? I really admire the stamina of people who set to trawl through every new post on a forum this size, but can they possibly really be in the majority? :scratch2:

They just got a lot more stamina points lately you know.... :yay:
Ehrm anyway those numbers are really shocking and kinda prove those look at tracker all is well... guys wrong.
Don't think this will last long once the rock hype iis over and I am certain it will be only a short trip.

LOL - possibly something to do with the "Balancing" situation - every player with an alt is being busy :p

The number has been over 3100 unique hunting globals for well over a month. I don't think 11.7 / 11.7.1 changed it considerably, or possibly at all. I'm not sure if it means more people playeing, it might instead mean "more people hunting in a way where they get globals". Say doing Cornundacauda mission instead of Daikiba.

You can deduct at least 4 from your total because I and a socmate got globals in hunting and mining and "Kimmi Kimmi EFnet" got Globals in every profession...
Or as Kemp stated a lot of hunters also mine or craft with their found ressources and also crafters sometimes global in other professions - so to deduct maybe 50% of the globalling avas from Mining and Crafting should lead to a better number of unique globalling avatars

Number of unique globalling avas is at least equal to number of hunters, because that is the biggest figure of the three. Of that much, we can be certain.

To get the true figure, we must add those who mine and/or craft but don't hunt. I suspect that this is a pretty damned low figure. The miners and crafter that I know nearly all get the odd hunting global too

jay:)

To get the true figure, we must add those who mine and/or craft but don't hunt. I suspect that this is a pretty damned low figure. The miners and crafter that I know nearly all get the odd hunting global too

jay:)

The ratio of high level to low level people you know must be a lot different to those I know then.

Status
Back