Tracker shows more then 50% player drop in hunting globals!

Status
The ratio of high level to low level people you know must be a lot different to those I know then.

Hmm. Point
I do know a good few low-level players though. But they don't consistently appear on any of the lists.
I think it goes without saying , there are many players who don't get counted cos they're too low-level to global every month...if at all. I know a guy who played for three years before he got his first global!

Lately I've been heavily focussed on hunting, but i still make it onto the mining and crafting lists for the current month. And when I've focussed heavily on mining, i never once dropped off the hunting list. Just killing the mobs that got in my way was enough.

jay :)

Last edited:
Why does everybody think that their way of browsing is the way to do it? I really admire the stamina of people who set to trawl through every new post on a forum this size, but can they possibly really be in the majority? :scratch2:

I wasn't suggesting at all that my way is the "right" way. It simply is one way to do it. Nothing more. I didn't mean to offend you by responding to your post, so please don't take it that way...

And yes, using the new posts button does bring up a ton of posts if I haven't been on in awhile. But I usually only look at the first two pages or so. If it's an important topic, it'll make it's way on to one of those pages eventually just due to the frequency of posts. But I'm not going to be bothered to go through every single new thread. I don't care that much. There's a lot of garbage that gets posted in this forum.

On that same note, I'm not going to go through every single subsection either just to see if there's anything new and useful to read. It's just easier to come on, look at the first two pages and then go about my day.

This is just the way I've found to make the best use of my time. But you're free to go about it however you like. To each their own, ya know?

I dont have empirical evidence but when I logged in earlier, it showed as 18 friends online, it usually doesnt go above 12 due to timezones, "taking a break" and so on, so either there's bugger all on tv, or people have a hankering for EU tonight.

No "event" happening either.

In the UK we've had the most fantastic warm day too. :cool:

I dont have empirical evidence but when I logged in earlier, it showed as 18 friends online, it usually doesnt go above 12 due to timezones, "taking a break" and so on, so either there's bugger all on tv, or people have a hankering for EU tonight.

No "event" happening either.

In the UK we've had the most fantastic warm day too. :cool:

Did ya forget about WoF?

For those who is interested,

10. June 2011
Hunting Stats:
Current rank (30 days): 69 of 3218

Mining Stats:
Current rank (30 days): 574 of 2157

Crafting Stats:
Current rank (30 days): 176 of 1585

2 weeks or so, after Arkadia... still no improvement in unique globals universe vide.

Hunting Stats:
Current rank (30 days): 69 of 3218

Mining Stats:
Current rank (30 days): 574 of 2157

Crafting Stats:
Current rank (30 days): 176 of 1585

Is this for Calypso or universe wide?

Also, does this mean that the number of people playing at the level where they are likely to get at least 1 global per month is somewhere between 3218 and 6950?

Is this for Calypso or universe wide?

Also, does this mean that the number of people playing at the level where they are likely to get at least 1 global per month is somewhere between 3218 and 6950?

Please read again, what you removed from the quote.

..and also, read the hole thread to understand how the tracker works.

Bottom line:

Expansion/survival of th e EU depends on fresh blood.... every attempt should be made to bring in new people and retain them.

.......... and not feed the people who are making money and taking it out of the system... period!

Having said that I'll keep try to squeeze out as much MU as I can :)

I also like the MA's strategy for mothership....someone has to pay for the game... and let it be the rich who can afford it :)

Last edited:
Bottom line:

Expansion/survival of th e EU depends on fresh blood.... every attempt should be made to bring in new people and retain them.

.......... and not feed the people who are making money and taking it out of the system... period!
Yup. But new planets will never work this way. As long as it costs $30,000 for a virtual ITEM...you will never see a significant jump in these figures, no matter how good a new planet may or may not be.

This is where MindArk's business model really fails. They don't understand that Joe Schmoe would much rather play a game like Black Ops that he can jump right into with minimal expenses in time and/or money. Without that option in EU, he will never be around for more than a day or two.

Ferraris are really nice vehicles, but that doesn't mean Joe Schmoe can afford one.

I didnt read all singel post , but i notice that many player blame that , due to this or that , player stop to play... yes true , many stoped... but it always was like that , but MA always managed to get more new player than what they lose...

So far most of MA try to get new player was a miserable fail...
MA stop make advert before engine , no need lure people before the big change, then :
new engine didnt get the big PR
New planet didnt get big PR
selle of medusa didnt get PR
new space pirate well , no PR
Planet partner was supose to make advert but they dont.
we even have planet partner like ND who make anti-advert , making everyone run away nowday...

so far that 3 years or so we dont have much new blood...
so yes number of player go down...

And if no one beggin to advert properly that game , everything will collapse since we have 1/4 of player of the past , but something like 4 time people sucking money out of the system ( MA/FPC/SDS ,all PP ...)

And if no one beggin to advert properly that game , everything will collapse since we have 1/4 of player of the past , but something like 4 time people sucking money out of the system ( MA/FPC/SDS ,all PP ...)

What about taxing on hunting and mining by the LA owner when most are losing money
.....I hope there are no more middleman in Arkadia

What about taxing on hunting and mining by the LA owner when most are losing money
.....I hope there are no more middleman in Arkadia

If you call middleman LA owner , then arkadia is full of middle man...

Funny how , all new planet come with LA allready sold to owner of the planet or some "friend"....

Funny how , all new planet come with LA allready sold to owner of the planet or some "friend"....

Neverdie got his LAs on Next Island as payment for developing the planet. He said so himself.

On Arkadia, Deathifier and some other guy got "shares' in the form of land areas for financing the planet`s development.

For those who is interested,

10. June 2011

2 weeks or so, after Arkadia... still no improvement in unique globals universe vide.

A more "glass half full" way of looking at it would be to say, the number of players globalling and playing regularly hasn't fallen.

That would have been because they needed that sale money to actually pay the bills to launch the planet. Much like how ND got a large area on Next Island.

Regarding the global count - it actually is up with launch of Arkadia. The counts are up by about 100 compared to an in-between period of say early May. Except of course, these are all migrated Calypso players. Where are all the newbs Arkadia was supposed to bring in?

...Where are all the newbs Arkadia was supposed to bring in?

New people won't be impacting the tracker numbers too much right when they start.

I'm not a migrated Calypso player and I globaled yesterday.

If the tracker showed a count of people who globaled for the first time, you could get an indication if growth was happening.

Pretty CPU intensive for it to do that in real-time probably. It could run a monthly report which would have to compare globals for the month to all the previous globals ever recorded and sort out who hadn't appeared before.

Last edited:
I get about 50%. Rwturn on hu ting ma sucks balls :p

Neverdie got his LAs on Next Island as payment for developing the planet. He said so himself.

From what i saw on NI its empty beside some little desert and ND land... funny to see holywood need to give LA to get donne some very small planet....
I wonder if ND will own planet mikael too :D

New people won't be impacting the tracker numbers too much right when they start.

If the tracker showed a count of people who globaled for the first time, you could get an indication if growth was happening.

Pretty CPU intensive for it to do that in real-time probably. It could run a monthly reportwhich would have to compare globals for the month to all the previous globals ever recorded and sort out who hadn't appeared before.

Umm... no. There is no reason why it should be cpu or even io intensive at all, "is this name in database" is a single index lookup taking essentially no cpu and a handful of I/O-s that land in the cache. The reading it out part is also simple if you thought of it when designing db or make a change for it. Or if you just have nice partitions :D

But sure - most of newbs take month to first global. But it would be good to know that there are in fact hordes of newbs coming to Arkadia...

I get about 50%. Rwturn on hu ting ma sucks balls :p

For ages already, as I've read. Then again, you hunt fresco and kreltin and atrox and other high regen mobs, so maybe you should consider changing. Or just wait out your ath, I suppose...

Ok look :wise: When can anyone remember so many uber items for sale ? Or Uber players selling out huge chips even players who have been here from the beginning like CK Gem ? If you hunted from the beginning you watched the "tweaks" occur over the years and you knew how bad it was becoming ,When i say "tweaks" im talking about how your standing there shooting your mob and before its dead another mob spawns on your head and now you deal with having to fap more and take more damage = "tweaks". Well to a new player when hunting small mob and then a small trox comes and kills you this starts to tell the new player someone is stacking the deck against him, and then he only has to listen to the complaining from older players to confirm that his conclusions were right so he quits. MA has tweaked the "odds" so much they have SUCKED the fun right out and worst of all they have IGNORED it for far to long !
Talk to new players and you find them saying shit like "its always take take take here" i cant last 2 minutes before im broke.The problem has been here for a long time festering , MA fan boys on this forum can only shout out positive bs for so long untill the problem is so bad noones here to listen anymore.The balance of loot , the L weapons at high MU , the bugs, the high cost of playing , and a bad economy are just the start of 50% less in active player base.

so where did you migrate from? you joined this forum in 2006, way before other planets were created :scratch2:

Anyway, most of Soc have been over to Arkadia now, and they all say there are hardly any newbs there, I don;t see anybody saying different. Even if you arethat super-rare item, a new planet newb, so what? This thread should be snowed under if they all posted here to declare themselves.

jay :)

Ok look :wise: When can anyone remember so many uber items for sale ? Or Uber players selling out huge chips even players who have been here from the beginning like CK Gem ?
Weeeell, we've had regular "Why are all the ubers seklling out?" threads on this forum for donkey's years.
However, you do make some very valid points:

Talk to new players and you find them saying shit like "its always take take take here" i cant last 2 minutes before im broke.The problem has been here for a long time festering , MA fan boys on this forum can only shout out positive bs for so long untill the problem is so bad noones here to listen anymore.The balance of loot , the L weapons at high MU , the bugs, the high cost of playing , and a bad economy are just the start of 50% less in active player base.

And, as Etopia said, with all these new planet partners trying to get a slice of the same ever-diminishing pie, things can only get worse :(

Entropia has a repution for being really expensive to play. What are MA doing about this? Sucking more and more PED out of the system to fund more and more whopping uber loots. Who wants these uber loots at this price? Almost nobody. Most players would much rather they could get a lot of fun out of their regular deposit before it runs out. Are MA listening? Apparently not.

And, as Etopia said, with all these new planet partners trying to get a slice of the same ever-diminishing pie, things can only get worse :(

In my world.. more planet partners i a good thing.
1 planet = 1 place we can be customers...
n-1 planets = many places we can be customers, and we will choose to play the place with the best economics...

imo...

n-1 planets = many places we can be customers, and we will choose to play the place with the best economics...
Would have been a nice idea, wouldn't it... except that no matter how bad Mindark themselves or the planet you were "born" on screws up, they also get money from your losses no matter what "planet" you chose to spend your money on.

It's for the vast majority effectively impossible to "vote with the wallet".

I get the impression that many are in a state of hibernation, there have been a lot of changes and most people tend to be naturally resistant to change initially (me included at times). Also it is summer and many in europe thinking more about nights out and holidays than staying indoors playing vid games.

More events/missions/SGA style treasure hunt (for newcomers and all to get involved), while active, co-ordinated recruitment is done by the PP's is the key to holding people. Arcadia and it's Alienware promo type things can work well, maybe ingame adverts while promo events go on can be brokered by PP's and MA. For Rocktropia for gods sake virtual merchandise, real rock memorabilia, concert tickets..... merchandising is big, especially if it is virtual (low prod cost etc...).

I see so much that can be done to make things a success and hope that all PP's and MA can step up to the plate and deliver. I would say one thing though, make sure all is ready and in place before a big PR launch, if need delay, but keep people informed and i think many would be happy.

Space i think will be a big boost to EU, especially if interplanetary travel has an elite style pull to it, missions in asteroid belts, maybe bigger ships not able to get into some area's due to debri etc... This could be huge i think if space is not priced out to much by insane prices, i await with interest the 21st and this year.

From what i saw on NI its empty beside some little desert and ND land... funny to see holywood need to give LA to get donne some very small planet....
I wonder if ND will own planet mikael too :D

why do you think Calypso hasn't been getting as many updates and SDS are so quiet, they're too busy making Planet Michael ;)

I've been in hibernation for nearly 2 1/2 years. I was hoping the CE2 conversion would bring some people in so the economy on the low end stacks would pick up, it didn't.

Most of the new development goes on the top end yet it was MA who said they'd like to attract the casual gamer, well they won't if all the new stuff only goes to the top and the low end players get a token gesture. We know MA is short of cash, in two years the deposits have halved (see the 2010 financial statements).

But instead of encouraging new players by making it cheaper and providing development at the lower end of the scale they just try to extract even more from the top.

The PP's can attract all the players they want by running events and giving away prizes but it's down to MA to keep people in by providing the best bang for the buck and right now they're not.

Last edited:

imo...

LOL... for example, 3000 planets and 1 customer for each planet... If you only are a player, imagine your loot. If you are an owner or a shareholder from a planet, imagine your money rentability...

Really the best thing is not many new planets, if not, many new customers for the universe.... And customers with money, not only players....

I believe the work of gaming design from Mindark is remarkable, but if the strategy to add new markets, is not at the same level from its design work; everyone of us inside this universe will have troubles. :confused:

I haven't done any hunting for over a year now. Haven't deposited for two years now.

Why?

Because the cost to play has become so much.

For those that say nothing has changed, that's your perogative. I know many others that share my view and have taken same steps.

I myself would spend $100-$200 a month. I'm just one person of many that have cut their spending, so MA needs to make it up some how. They keep on with the insane HOFs/ATHs so they need to make it up some where, and that means even less returns, making the cost to play even higher.

MA just doesn't learn, balance loot returns (mining, hunting, crafting) and people will do those actions more. I'm not content with a 40-50% TT return rate (considering MU in return rate is BS- MU is determined by players, and has no part in MA's calculations). If you are getting more than that, gratz to you, rest assured it will come your turn in time as the MA feels the pinch more and more.

So just keep watching all the "un official" numbers that indicate less and less activity. Those numbers don't lie unlike the official statements from the company.

Status
Back