trading channels inside game

is a good idea to separate trading in 2 distinct options, selling and buying ?

• yes

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • no

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • not helpful

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

tBANNA

Old Alpha
crossroad of the 1'st No L.O.O.T. & 2'nd N.R.F.
Society
CRIMSON DEVILS
Banna tBANNA ARHItARtDES
yo, :idea:

is it possible for the admins of the #trade channel change the name in #buying and also create a new channel named #selling ?

is it difficult to peek an eye on trade while hunting while everyone is running the sale spawn on all channels if possible, ....at once #ark #caly #trade #whatever

this way every1 can separate the trading channels by color and fallow a general unique and personal selection based on interest

my2 pecs:tux:

Sadly I imagine what will happen is people will be wtb in a selling channel and vice versa. But I like your idea If it doesn't fill with trolls

No TY, there is to many trade channels separated already.
dooh...and what u mean by to many? each planet has his own local sale ( natural ), fallowed by the general #trade ( only 1 i know about )
is all a shit show on those trade channels, ppl warping on trade, selling everywhere, desperate for a pec, i m not interested to se this mix, also btw...why u think PCF has separate places under trading for - selling, buying, price check and such?

that's the point of all, to unpin local trade channels, like #caly if i m on Ark, and vice versa,

or pin just the local #caly + #buying , i m not interested who is selling anything, i just want to see who is buying and what is buying,

what is the point to spam same advs over and over again on both #trade + #cally , just take a look and see, double advs everywhere....not to mention many many times WTS/WTB mistakes "sorry i wanted to say WTS not WTB..sorry bla bla"

Last edited:
yo, :idea:

is it possible for the admins of the #trade channel change the name in #buying and also create a new channel named #selling ?

is it difficult to peek an eye on trade while hunting while everyone is running the sale spawn on all channels if possible, ....at once #ark #caly #trade #whatever

this way every1 can separate the trading channels by color and fallow a general unique and personal selection based on interest

my2 pecs:tux:

I like this idea !

Sadly I imagine what will happen is people will be wtb in a selling channel and vice versa. But I like your idea If it doesn't fill with trolls

yeah, sadly is not possible to implant ppl to be smarter, or respectful, there's no ESI to chip that out/in ( yet )

all we can do is either try to teach them or to have patience to that point where we have to use the "ignore" option

Yeah some trade channels are so overloaded with messages you don't even have the time to finish reading a sentence before it dissapears, this is partially due to the fact that some people spam too often. Selling through chat is difficult for the same reason, and you get contacted by resellers 99% of the time, which is dissapointing. But these channels are administered by players and it's not like it's a paying fulltime job, so I'd say the mess is forgivable.

People
that
are
listing
items
one
by
one
in
the
trade
chat
need
to
stop
doing
that!

MA should really make some more options for channels:
Limited to X posts per X time
Welcome msgs
Mute/Ban for X minutes

Please MA split channels to make it clearer and put a slow mode to avoid spam !
These #Trade and #Calytrade are almost impossible to follow due to few chat abuser;

Last edited:
...and I am already grateful if the traders are not using local chat....

You need to consider all the pros and cons of the idea. On the one hand, it can be convenient for the players, but on the other hand, it can upset the balance of the economy in the game.

admins of the #trade channel change the name in #buying and also create a new channel named #selling

is it difficult to peek an eye on trade while hunting while everyone is running the sale spawn on all channels if possible

this way every1 can separate the trading channels by color and follow a general unique and personal selection

2 Separated Trade Channels : one only for Buying offers, and the other only for Selling offers, really makes sense ,

Another reason to consider seriously : lately the Game Economy is growing fast, therefore there is an inflation of trade messages and now it's truly hard to follow them ; and -of course- it will be worse and worse...

So this, and similar solutions, are highly recommended.

Paul

Last edited:
Funny thing is, Channels can be made by anyone!!! Great idea, so why not make the channels and promote and use them? :)

What I want to see is EntropiaLife made scanners of the trade channels and index everything so we can just search things. Would be great to just search all trade channels in last 24 hrs for who was buying MM stars, or some item! Or Search and see if someone were selling my item in the last few weeks!!! :)

Ingame filter would be great, where you can set to show only post that include or exclude key words you set.
An other mmo i play has this option for its official trade channel, and works really great.

Please MA split channels to make it clearer and put a slow mode to avoid spam !
These #Trade and #Calytrade are almost impossible to follow due to few chat abuser;

That's funny. People barely use #trade. Messages don't go very fast. Reading is not hard.

This request is stupid. It just creates unnecessary fragmentation and will result in more tryhard policemen bitching about not putting stuff in the right chat. We don't need it.

Reactions: jak
Ideally, it's better if you can see both buying and selling in the same chat box, and I'm not sure how much splitting them would alleviate the problems we see with spamming the chat, etc. Setting some sort of filter/timer (maybe 2 or 3 messages every 15 minutes) would be the more direct option. I don't know much work this would be for MA to set up, but I imagine it could be pretty minimal if it was just something basic on the client side programming to check if you posted X amount of times in a channel that has a limit option turned on.

I think the “slow mode” option is the best solution.

Ideally, it's better if you can see both buying and selling in the same chat box, and I'm not sure how much splitting them would alleviate the problems we see with spamming the chat, etc. Setting some sort of filter/timer (maybe 2 or 3 messages every 15 minutes) would be the more direct option. I don't know much work this would be for MA to set up, but I imagine it could be pretty minimal if it was just something basic on the client side programming to check if you posted X amount of times in a channel that has a limit option turned on.

well is not once when i tried to see again an advs for buying and i could not find it after 60 seconds and the guy who made the advs stooped or decided to not repost it for another 10-15 mins, sometimes even after 30 seconds after u noticed something that might interest u is all most impossible to find that advs, way to many spamming msges most of them from insistent resellers who always want to have their advs primary seen.

2 different channels for buying and selling like here on forum, is logical, other way would have seen same shit here on forum, everyone BUMPíng his post insistent to be on the first page for lazy search, everything mixed till the point u dont remember where u saw something, searching thru pages avoiding selling while u look for buying and vice versa

having to distinct colors for each channel either u as a player decide to have a separate page for trading where u select all trading channels will allow u to track what u r looking for, is normal, is decent and is logical, there's no1 in this game to convince me otherwise, there's no right mind who would not want to see things organized, after all separate channels would improve interplanetary trading since a selling can locate the advs in a simple extra info in the msg

# SELLING ( channel dont require in the advs mesg to have the name selling twice like WTS ) and colors could fade away one of the channel based on low interest.

i.e.

[#SELLING] [oooooooooo]: WTS [Arkadia Underground Deed] 97p each//WTS>[Component Widget 1] 130%.
[#BUYING] [oooo oooooooooo]: wtb [FFA Mayhem Star - Dim] 1.5 pec/pt
[#SELLING] [Ooooo Oo ooooOO]: WTB [Vibrant Sweat] 1.15 P/K PM ME
[#BUYING] [Ooooo Oooooo]: WTS [Restoration Chip, Adjusted]
[#SELLING] [ooOOoOoOoOooo]: *WTS*[Isis LBP 20 (L)][Ozpyn BP S1X1][Labibah Coat (F,C)][Regeneration Chip 5 (L)]
[#SELLING] [OoooOoOoOo]: "The OOO ooooo OOOOOO" - 3*10kPED to WIN - I know i'm full of good plan. All info you need are on :
[#SELLING] [Oooooo'ooo]: WTS 5 x [Sollomate Rubio (L)] ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 0.8 PED each! 100% TT!
[#BUYING] [OooOooOoOO]: *WTS*[Isis LBP 20 (L)][Ozpyn BP S1X1][Labibah Coat (F,C)][Regeneration Chip 5 (L)][Shrapnel]100.5%

[#SELLING] [oooooooooo]: [Arkadia Underground Deed] 97p each//WTS>[Component Widget 1] 130%. @Ark
[#BUYING] [oooo oooooooooo]: [FFA Mayhem Star - Dim] 1.5 pec/pt
[#SELLING] [Ooooo Oo ooooOO]: [Vibrant Sweat] 1.15 P/K PM ME
[#BUYING] [Ooooo Oooooo]: [Restoration Chip, Adjusted] @Caly
[#SELLING] [ooOOoOoOoOooo]: [Isis LBP 20 (L)][Ozpyn BP S1X1][Labibah Coat (F,C)][Regeneration Chip 5 (L)]
[#SELLING] [OoooOoOoOo]: "The OOO ooooo OOOOOO" - 3*10kPED to WIN - I know i'm full of good plan. All info you need are on :
[#SELLING] [Oooooo'ooo]: 5 x [Sollomate Rubio (L)] ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 0.8 PED each! 100% TT!

[#BUYING] [OooOooOoOO]: [Isis LBP 20 (L)][Ozpyn BP S1X1][Labibah Coat (F,C)][Regeneration Chip 5 (L)][Shrapnel]100.5% @RT

[#SELLING] [oooooooooo]: [Arkadia Underground Deed] 97p each//WTS>[Component Widget 1] 130%. @Ark
[#BUYING] [oooo oooooooooo]: [FFA Mayhem Star - Dim] 1.5 pec/pt
[#SELLING] [Ooooo Oo ooooOO]: WTB [Vibrant Sweat] 1.15 P/K PM ME
[#BUYING] [Ooooo Oooooo]: [Restoration Chip, Adjusted] @Caly
[#SELLING] [ooOOoOoOoOooo]: [Isis LBP 20 (L)][Ozpyn BP S1X1][Labibah Coat (F,C)][Regeneration Chip 5 (L)]
[#SELLING] [Oooooo'ooo]: 5 x [Sollomate Rubio (L)] ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 0.8 PED each! 100% TT!

[#BUYING] [OooOooOoOO]: [Isis LBP 20 (L)][Ozpyn BP S1X1][Labibah Coat (F,C)][Regeneration Chip 5 (L)][Shrapnel]100.5% @RT

just sayin'

Back