Trading HOF or is it a new form of scamming/hacking?

mohsinali410

Guardian
Society
Rising Potentials
i was browsing the auction to kill time and i came across this:

now this shocked me so much that the hairs on avatar's head fell off! (the reason why my avatar is now bold :( )

i don't know why this guy bidded so much on a piece of short firm board there could be many explanations (such as "my dog hacked into my account why i was watching tv" or "i wanted to scammed") obviously this is pretty stupid to do but if you look deep down it could be a new form a scamming people.

for example somebody could have hacked the guy's account and then made him bid on the hacker's short firm board for that much. just beware guys!

i would like to hear your opinions and views on this topic :wise:

P.S i don't know how to do picture links so if you could tell how to do so, it would be helpful if somebody told me :D

or someone is just transferring money from one account to another..

maybe they made a mistake....i did once i bit 3xxpeds on some molisk teeth worth 30peds :mad:

hm, for that prices i would sell my boards too, i have 2 atm.
Trading 2 short firn boards for full boar female, any interest?

Alice said:

I have over 800... Neverdie, Call me :D

Alice said:

I have over 800... Neverdie, Call me... We'll do lunch :D

Yep, this is a just a straight-forward case of transferring money between avatars when you have two players in the same household and only one PC.

On the same sort of path.. I sometimes see items put in auction at absurd prices, like, say, 20 fruit for 5k peds with of course no bids on it. Are people just hoping someone is stupid or makes a mistake and bids? Is this the start of a money transfer scam that just hasn't been finished yet?

SB2 said:
I have over 800... Neverdie, Call me :D

crap, i ttd mine recently, so you get the space station :mad:

Centech said:
On the same sort of path.. I sometimes see items put in auction at absurd prices, like, say, 20 fruit for 5k peds with of course no bids on it. Are people just hoping someone is stupid or makes a mistake and bids? Is this the start of a money transfer scam that just hasn't been finished yet?

Or it could be someoen at one of the space stations that has no storage units.
This person does not want to lose the fruit, and it's too heavy to carry about, so for 1 ped, MA will store it for you for up to 7 days. (IE they stick it in auction)
Though I must admit 20 fruit would not fit the bill, 20K might.

Centech said:

20 fruit for 5k ped? lol that is someone just hoping to get lucky lol...

sometimes you will see 1 animal hide sold for 100 or 300 ped buyout - that is avatars transferring money to each other - like someone who owes someone some peds but one person is on CND or two avatars in the same household but only 1 pc... its not a scam

ForrestPark said:
Yep, this is a just a straight-forward case of transferring money between avatars when you have two players in the same household and only one PC.

not read everything, all u have to do is log onto both accounts and start a trade, then tab out to next screen and complete the trade... no need to do it through auction ;)

just a Trader that wants the price-markup for firn boards go up.!!! as he deals with em,i´d say...lol ;)

:headbang:

Me thinks so too, becasue otherwise you would use the buyout function and have the peds instantly.

MarlaSinger said:
or someone is just transferring money from one account to another..

i don't think so
wouldn't it be easy to use buyout ?
i think they try to get the price up

edit : why chielsen why ? :mad: you stoled my smart comment :(

But if you're trying to make the price go up you have to have at least a vaguely sensible price or the price tracking sites would filter it out.

yes, that guy must have 1 avi for space, and 1 for plannet-side - not only transffering between avi's, he is transffering w/o having to pay the 20ped fee there and back.

andyzammy said:
yes, that guy must have 1 avi for space, and 1 for plannet-side - not only transffering between avi's, he is transffering w/o having to pay the 20ped fee there and back.

yes but andyzammy don't you think it would take a long time to get the money? i do

also it could be a new door for hackers as they hack into the victims account and then transer all the money into their account, leaving that person a short firm board. all i am saying is that don't ignore this and don't think it's not very dangerous because it is! it has very high potential and it is a much less riskier way to get the money then dropping all money in some place.

the victim wouldn't stand a chance finding out where exactly the money has gone.

this can be a new form of scamming for hackers and we need to keep alert of these new ways.

ur way over reacting.
and i dont know what you mean by "taking a long time". - auctions are (supposed to be) instant, if you win, just go to the auctioneer and ur account will be updated.

this can in no way cause someone to be hacked. yes, it couls be one way for a hacker to empty an inventory, but it would cost them an aucton fee, and why do that if you can just trade with another avi? if a Hacker has ur user and pass ur buggered anyway, nothing to do with auction. u'd know about it if you were hacked.

by the look of that pic it might just be a friend paying another friend back some money he owes - it beats paying to fly up to space just to give it.

calm down, or, explain yourself better so we can all understand what ur trying to say.

Back