Help: Trouble adding friends

crazyqpp

Alpha
Society
Noodles
ali tayyab crazy
Hello,

I asked about some help through support case regarding the issue but all i got for last 3 months is that you are working on it. Well its getting annoying with every new avatar i can not add on my friend list. I can name 10 ppl that i remember i can not add now. When will it be fixed ?

In case you forgot the issue i am talking about here is the recap.

I send a friend request i get a message its been sent and the other person does not receives it and then if we try again we keep getting system message that a request is already sent.

Some help would be appreciated.

P.s : i did not know which is right category to place this thread, plz admin move it accordingly.

regrads Ali

I´ll just have some :popcorn:

GL in your quest getting mindark to fix it, I gave up...

Hello,

I asked about some help through support case regarding the issue but all i got for last 3 months is that you are working on it.

That's more than they've told me. Support case sent on 21st May got the following reply:

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences that this is causing you. Unfortunately, we don't have any information about this issue at the current time to be able to provide you with a more satisfying reply, but please rest assured that we have forwarded your case to the responsible department for further investigation. We hope to have more information for you soon.

Support case bumped on 13th August and again on 27th November asking if a fix is coming or if a problem has even been acknowledged but I'm still waiting on a reply to both of those. Other support cases have been answered in the meantime but this one has been totally ignored now for + 6 months :mad:

That's more than they've told me. Support case sent on 21st May got the following reply:

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences that this is causing you. Unfortunately, we don't have any information about this issue at the current time to be able to provide you with a more satisfying reply, but please rest assured that we have forwarded your case to the responsible department for further investigation. We hope to have more information for you soon.

Support case bumped on 13th August and again on 27th November asking if a fix is coming or if a problem has even been acknowledged but I'm still waiting on a reply to both of those. Other support cases have been answered in the meantime but this one has been totally ignored now for + 6 months :mad:

Some1 got a reply from support where they apologized that their case had got lost in limbo....

yep... annoying problem... but you should still be able to send offline messages to the new friends even if they don't show up in your fl.

Some1 got a reply from support where they apologized that their case had got lost in limbo....

Sounds about right considering that's what happens to the Friend requests :rolleyes:

I'll try sending a new one when at some point then and see what happens.

A possible workaround could be joining the same society and add each other through society terminal...

Last edited:
A possible workaround could be joining the same society and add each other through society terminal...

I´ll volunteer as I´m a freelancer atm and make a society named "Friend List Request" in short "Limbo". You think Mindark will catch the drift? :girl:

The answer you are looking for, short and to the point.

"Hi,

Thank you for your report. Friend request are stored in the message center, if you receive the message that the request has already been sent it means that either you or your friend has the request pending in the message center.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support"

Yes this was my real and glorious response, followed by a quick case closure.....

Agreed, it sucks, I have had issues since day one, made a few complaints since, and gave up.

Epic problem solving skills, as these requests have been pending for 8 months!

Last edited:
I wonder how many new players have quit because of this. Being able to add friends is a crucial part of the new player experience, and when they see problems with it they must just think this game doesn't work properly, so forget it, I'm off.

I can confirm from personal experience that this works, even with someone who has a "limbo" request outstanding with you.

This just happened to me today. Definitely irritating!

You are very right Oleg. I usually do the same. If I start a game and run into a few irritating bugs while testing out the game then I just move on to something else.

I wonder how many new players have quit because of this.

I know of a 500 usd a month depositing player that quit over it, and I don't think they are the only regular depositor that got fed up.

I don't even want to know how much potential injections to the economy we would have now without this one bug.

yep... annoying problem... but you should still be able to send offline messages to the new friends even if they don't show up in your fl.

yes for now i am keeping their chats minimized but even that gets stuck sometimes and if they send a message you wont get it and if that happens when you are online it wont convert to mail either.:mad:

This should be fixed asap. Some ppl actually need their connections to play the game.

To not count the terrible image that passes to old players coming back.

Not critical but sure it helps to turn the game less appellative!

Am I playing a MMORPG or a story on a single player game? :mad:

As promised in my previous post I have formed a society for the sole purpose of assisting people to successfully send friend requests. Unfortunately for those already in a society, they will need to leave current one and join assisting society, then leave to rejoin their original soc.

Society name:

Friend List Request

In short:

In Limbo

Society status is pending till 4 members join and will automatically disband in 30 days unless previous criteria has been met. Society will disband when friend list request bug has successfully been solved.

Does anyone know if smartphone app can handle society invites?

If urgent please message me here on forum and I will try to login ASAP to accept invites.

Nice idea Sissi. Should help loads of folk, though unfortunately as described not all.

As a General of a soc I can't leave ofc to add friends, nor can many of them leave theirs and temp join mine.

Meanwhile as a mothership owner I not only have to manage the vehicle guest list without the niceties of alpha order, search bar or even date order.
I usually manage to differentiate crew who need to be left on list, from passengers and inactives that need removing, by prefixing all crew in my FL. Then all names without prefix can easily be spotted.

However with this FL bug I now have to keep a third list on a sticky of those people on guest list that are not also on FL, so I can remember who I should not delete.

One tip however is use copy avatar link and paste that into the sticky note, as you can then use this to send pm from the sticky link. Wish I had known that when I started the sticky :( now have a bunch of names without the links.

As promised in my previous post I have formed a society for the sole purpose of assisting people to successfully send friend requests. Unfortunately for those already in a society, they will need to leave current one and join assisting society, then leave to rejoin their original soc.

Society name:

Friend List Request

In short:

In Limbo

Society status is pending till 4 members join and will automatically disband in 30 days unless previous criteria has been met. Society will disband when friend list request bug has successfully been solved.

If urgent please message me here on forum and I will try to login ASAP to accept invites.

Good initiative! What makes it even more interesting is that the NI society terminals are called something like "friend terminal" iirc.

Spam this in the noobie areas in game.

Nice idea and I hope it helps some out. I won't be able to use it or I'll be rejoining both Socs every day lol. Any colouring/texturing friend requests sent when I'm offline will just have to remain in limbo for now and there are rather a lot of them :(

I just think it's appalling that the playerbase has to come up with these workarounds for something that should've been fixed months ago.

Society name:

Friend List Request

In short:

In Limbo

nice +rep :thumbup:

+1 on bug list... my love for who ever is supposed to fix this bug grows everyday

3 more avatars i can not add in the last week... This is the third update since i submitted a support case about this issue and apparently many have done that before me. Still no fix. Good Job !

I m waiting for a fix since april/may? Support case still open...

It seems they were too busy design the new quad wing unL! :laugh:

Wait!!! The new quad wing have the same design just a new color and better stats? WTF !!! :scratch2:

I just got and accepted a friend request while I was offline....maybe they fixed it?

I can confirm that someone else who was unable to add friends was able to add me today.

Back