FYI: Trust Scammers

HardWrath

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Max HardWrath Mayhem
There are a few known and proven trust scammers running around EU right now. Some of these people are not what you would expect in a stereotypical scammer. Some of them are noobs, some have a good forum rep, and others are pretty skilled and well equipped. Because they are loose in EU again I figured that I should make this thread.

My advice to anyone is that they should not loan their items to anyone... ever. Trust scammers often position themselves as fun likable people who are good at making fast friends with people that they meet. Almost always the trust scammer will play on the human desire to help another person and simultaneously play on the human desire to earn easy money. The trust scammer (whether noob or uber) will present a situation where you can help them while at the same time earning you easy PED. The transactions will start off relatively small; they will often give references of people who they have borrowed from, etc. They will even sometimes give you their real-life contact information as "proof" that they won’t scam you. As time goes they will earn your trust, always repay debts, make interest payments on time or early but then when the opportunity to take a very valuable item presents itself they will seize on it.

The only way to protect yourself 100% is to not let your items leave your avatar for any reason. Many of you are thinking that you are a good judge of character and that you have known your EU friends for years however this doesn’t prevent them from allowing others to access their avatar, furthermore you are only pixels to them and they still could scam you. Some of the most epic scams in EU have happened between people who have known each other for years.

If you get scammed the worst thing that you can do about it is stay silent. You have to come forward.... don’t count on MindArk to return your items because they won’t. While there is a good chance you can easily get that person's account locked, you still won’t be able to get your items back. Aside from going to the scammers house and kicking his ass (which I don’t recommend) you can hire a lawyer and sue the person. The courts will recognize your ownership of that item and they will recognize the value. There is a history of people going to court over scams in EU and winning.

Even if the amount of PED is too small to justify real-world legal action, the worst thing that you can do is stay silent about it. Staying silent will only enable the scammer to steal from someone else in the future.

If you should ever find yourself in the situation where you are trusting someone enough to loan them something please remember to do the following
1. Take screen shots of the chat history and the transaction itself. Make sure that the chat clearly outlines all the terms of the deal
2. Enable chat logging (press O for options while in EU, you will see what boxes to check)
3. GET A GOLD CARD FROM MINDARK!!

If you have been scammed or believe that someone is a scammer, please feel free to contact me via PM here on the EF. I am more than happy to give you advice. Please note, I am not some kind of “EU Police” I am just another player in EU but I am more than happy to review the information you have and at least point you in the right direction.

Last edited:
Great information HardWrath. Nice clear and shows that you can actually do something and also how to spot them early.

And good work on putting your name out for helping victims of these crimes. :)

Great information HardWrath. Nice clear and shows that you can actually do something and also how to spot them early.

And good work on putting your name out for helping victims of these crimes. :)

thats really nice :) if ill get scamed i really pm you :)
+rep :wtg:

Good thread.
But i don't see so usefull information here that no one could know already.

Good written :) (I have never loaned anything in EU even to RL friends, although I have borrowed some armor from a socmate)

great thread +rep

Good thread and warning to newer players - trust scammers are the worse kind. :(

Great advice. Its alway good to remind everyone the dangers that lurk in EU.

Good thread.
But i don't see so usefull information here that no one could know already.

It may be known to you but the object with this thread is to make sure it's known by the larger audience..

But if you have more useful info on how trust scammers operate, please feel free to add to the thread. :)

It may be known to you but the object with this thread is to make sure it's known by the larger audience..

But if you have more useful info on how trust scammers operate, please feel free to add to the thread. :)

Shear to you? NBK? forget about it.

There is a history of people going to court over scams in EU and wining.
I know there's a no name policy here in the forums, but it might be neat if someone could compile a list of all public documents related to these cases, and/or copy them in to a website or posting here on the forums if possible. If it was actually done in a court system, I'm assuming the documents should be public knowledge?...

I know there's a no name policy here in the forums, but it might be neat if someone could compile a list of all public documents related to these cases, and/or copy them in to a website or posting here on the forums if possible. If it was actually done in a court system, I'm assuming the documents should be public knowledge?...

No doubt about that. I think it Must to be public. So peoples may avoide some scammers that are still around with same ava's, just forgoten one's or something like that.

EF Rule:

2.13 - Scamming Accusation
Accusations of "scamming" that name specific Entropia Universe avatars or EntropiaForum members are NOT permitted. Such threads or posts will be edited, deleted or locked without notice. For more info on the purpose of this rule, please see this thread: Rationale for the "no naming and shaming" forum rule.

EF Rule:

2.13 - Scamming Accusation
Accusations of "scamming" that name specific Entropia Universe avatars or EntropiaForum members are NOT permitted. Such threads or posts will be edited, deleted or locked without notice. For more info on the purpose of this rule, please see this thread: Rationale for the "no naming and shaming" forum rule.

a list of case related documents from previous cases shouldnt have anything to do with the rule above if cases are no longer in progress imo. a list of documents isnt a scam accusation.

great work
+rep

....and, what's more, the typo mid-way through, provided a welcome bit of light entertainment

There is a history of people going to court over scams in EU and wining.

I assume you meant "winning, not "whining" :laugh: It doesn't sound like a very constructive approach otherwise!

jay

a list of case related documents from previous cases shouldnt have anything to do with the rule above if cases are no longer in progress imo. a list of documents isnt a scam accusation.

I agree with Birty. Also, the "No naming and shaming rule" is designed to protect the innocent from false accusations, isn't it? If a scammer has been found guilty in a Court of Law, then that protection should no longer apply to them.

There must be a way round this that wouldn't contravene EF rules. Maybe 711 can throw some light on this?

jay

I agree, especially since such information may be very useful in future cases... There are many lawyers that won't touch virtual world cases with a 50 foot pole. Gathering this sort of stuff might get more of them interested in actually learning more about the case history of stuff like this, which can only be a good thing for the community as there will be more possibilities for legal representation at some point in the future.

as you can see HW its sports for them, they laugh at us because without proof we wont start a witchhunt. They know too well that we cant start one without bringing our carefully gathered reputation into danger.

Theres a german saying: Ist der Ruf mal ruiniert, lebt es sich ganz ungeniert.

Once the reputation is ruined, life gets way more fun. (<- not an exact translation but meaning just that)

So if MA does not help us who will? One day you tell me to not start a witchhunt, next week you say, that keeping silent is the worst thing to do. I kept our little experience confidential and i also followed the threads here on EF.com, but maybe its time to tell a little story or 2, we might not be able to say names because we have absolutely no proof, but people maybe really should know what shit is going on these days. There wont be more than a circumstantial evidence lawsuit made by laymen.

Dont lend, borrow, rent, loan ... is that even possible? Even a faper can be "scammed" or be the scammer, so is the wisest thing to do to pay him in advance or to let him provide the fap?

As you now say it, its like that rule 1 in EU is: Suspiciousness is all!
I thought it was: Reputation is all!

Its the only reason that kept me playing even in the darkest times and its the absolutely strongest force that keeps us all going in EU. If there is no need for trust anymore, theres no need for reputation, but i tell you, when the good manners fall, the sky will too.

I am 100% sure that we have a really good trust scammer (or maybe group of trustscammers) in EU, he uses several avatars, he is a PUA (youtube that if you dont know what that is), he is a great lier and actor, he writes the roles he plays and his greatest weakness is, that he sometimes, just sometimes tries a little bit too hard, but yet he is very patient with you, your items and your friends items. I know him for over 3 years with longer periods when he was gone. He always announced that he will leave soon, for a exchange semester in Island for example, and in the last week before he leaves he will catch you while youre busy and ask for an item or lets say your 5b set to make a final hunt with his socm8s. The only reason why he didnt get them was that i was on a roll on Hogglos that day. Well he did not play himself, he played Monica aka Justifier (locked down for scamming a socm8 of mine) and he kinda made me fall in love in that girl he played. :ahh: shit happens. After he scammed a 150peder esi out of a OU-feshman he revealed himself as a 15 year old lithuanian boy (i dont believe shit, but shit happens).
From me he only stole a 10ped fap80 and my heart but it rubberbanded back in between...

So with the socializing aspect of EU its just the same gamble as in every other profession, only invest what you can afford to loose.

I would have +reped you if I could.

Very good post.

Trust scammers are the worst scum of the planet, and they are wherever there is a possibility to earn an easy buck.

You should carry the advice in the OP into you RL too.

Never underestimate the patience of a trust scammer.

as you can see HW its sports for them, they laugh at us because without proof we wont start a witchhunt. They know too well that we cant start one without bringing our carefully gathered reputation into danger.

Theres a german saying: Ist der Ruf mal ruiniert, lebt es sich ganz ungeniert.

Once the reputation is ruined, life gets way more fun. (<- not an exact translation but meaning just that)

So if MA does not help us who will? One day you tell me to not start a witchhunt, next week you say, that keeping silent is the worst thing to do. I kept our little experience confidential and i also followed the threads here on EF.com, but maybe its time to tell a little story or 2, we might not be able to say names because we have absolutely no proof, but people maybe really should know what shit is going on these days. There wont be more than a circumstantial evidence lawsuit made by laymen.

Dont lend, borrow, rent, loan ... is that even possible? Even a faper can be "scammed" or be the scammer, so is the wisest thing to do to pay him in advance or to let him provide the fap?

As you now say it, its like that rule 1 in EU is: Suspiciousness is all!
I thought it was: Reputation is all!

Its the only reason that kept me playing even in the darkest times and its the absolutely strongest force that keeps us all going in EU. If there is no need for trust anymore, theres no need for reputation, but i tell you, when the good manners fall, the sky will too.

I am 100% sure that we have a really good trust scammer (or maybe group of trustscammers) in EU, he uses several avatars, he is a PUA (youtube that if you dont know what that is), he is a great lier and actor, he writes the roles he plays and his greatest weakness is, that he sometimes, just sometimes tries a little bit too hard, but yet he is very patient with you, your items and your friends items. I know him for over 3 years with longer periods when he was gone. He always announced that he will leave soon, for a exchange semester in Island for example, and in the last week before he leaves he will catch you while youre busy and ask for an item or lets say your 5b set to make a final hunt with his socm8s. The only reason why he didnt get them was that i was on a roll on Hogglos that day. Well he did not play himself, he played Monica aka Justifier (locked down for scamming a socm8 of mine) and he kinda made me fall in love in that girl he played. :ahh: shit happens. After he scammed a 150peder esi out of a OU-feshman he revealed himself as a 15 year old lithuanian boy (i dont believe shit, but shit happens).
From me he only stole a 10ped fap80 and my heart but it rubberbanded back in between...

So with the socializing aspect of EU its just the same gamble as in every other profession, only invest what you can afford to loose.

Thank you Parlog for posting the whole story. I am feeling realy sorry about what happen.
When i first was in soci with you and you sayd, Sorry CL, nothing personal but i can't give much trust in you since what happened for you and all society some time ago. I totaly understood you then, I tryed to imagine what i would do if i would be in your situation, that's why i didint started to argue with you but i say'd It's OK Parl, i understand you and it's NP.

But can someone tell me where is any word posted by Parl that saying Cherry Lady scammed me? Please tell me hardwarth, at which point Parl mentoined that i am the scammer or did something WITH scammer?

Did I get scammed>????

Simon the wastelander asked me to give him 1 dung for a spaceship.

I gave him 2 dungs !and then he will say he give me one of his spaceships , parked next to NAZ...

But he didnt give me any keys ... he said he lost the key somewhere in the grass area... I cant find it ...

Maybe Jot the Guide took it... hmmm

Anyone found a key near NAZ>?

thank you veyr much.

yes you did get scammed.
space ships are not even back yet.
and that spaceship on your screenshot doesnt do annything.

Simon the wastelander asked me to give him 1 dung for a spaceship.

I gave him 2 dungs !and then he will say he give me one of his spaceships , parked next to NAZ...

But he didnt give me any keys ... he said he lost the key somewhere in the grass area... I cant find it ...

Anyone found a key near NAZ>?

thank you veyr much.

If it's in the Swedish court system it's public accessible for sure, BUT it isn't allowed to publish the documents on internet as I asked about that a few months back regarding some totally different case's.
Isn't even allowed if you blocked all personal information, but you can always contact the courts and have them send it to you in person. Not sure if they will send it abroad tho, but if you want I can ask about that too and if they do all you need is the number of the case you want and thats ok to publish on internet

All the more need for a loan system within eu!

Yes! I found that key, and then I gave it to you. But when you stood before the door, you did not see the gap, and it fell out of the lock all the way in the ater. Simon should just give us more keys, instead of key(L). Oh, and of course we shouldn't tell anybody that some people can get in. Remember, they made us promise.

Back