Suggestion: turning off pet sound

Status
Please this x100000000000

please add an option to mute pets... those gorillas everywhere all day are totally annoying...

i say make em louder :lolup: ... and does this mean u dont wanne buy my purple sacred kong xD ?

option to turn off noises in is your client loader.

To be fair this has more to do with sound coding or a bug with gorilla pets than pet sounds in general.

Not only is the default volume set very high on those gorillias, as long as you're in radar distance the sound remains at full volume. Maybe the problem only occures when RT pets are spawned on Caly servers?

This has been mentioned lterally loads of times in PCF over the years, although neither RT or Caly devs (whomever is responsible), appear to want to fix it.

Rick

To be fair this has more to do with sound coding or a bug with gorilla pets than pet sounds in general.

Not only is the default volume set very high on those gorillias, as long as you're in radar distance the sound remains at full volume.

^^ This. I'm not sure what asshat coded the sound for pets, but there's no positional audio (maybe specific to gorillas, haven't noticed).

I think having an option to toggle pet sounds would be great but I also think the pets should not make any sounds unless you are interacting with them. Then we won't have to listen to people's pets while they are just standing at the crafting machine.

^^ This. I'm not sure what asshat coded the sound for pets, but there's no positional audio (maybe specific to gorillas, haven't noticed).

I think having an option to toggle pet sounds would be great but I also think the pets should not make any sounds unless you are interacting with them. Then we won't have to listen to people's pets while they are just standing at the crafting machine.

Theoretically, if they are spawned they are being interacted with since they are eating food while passively spawned. Get rid of that passive food consumption, and sure... Kind of similar to how vehicles make a sound if spawned and passively start using oil even if not moving.

Used to have one. It's a good way to keep people off your radar. :laugh:

I gave up on playing EU with audio a few years ago because of pets and broken weapon sounds. Some times when I'm off alone Ill turn it back on at about 15% but as soon at I TP back around other players I get annoyed and kill the sound again. I just watch YouTube videos, TV, movies, on my right monitor with a little pew pew from EU in the background. I have the volume mixer permanently opened on my left one so I can turn it back down/off once I get in game.

Status
Back