Two avatars

Kombinator

Marauder
Society
CCCP
Velikii Komby Kombinator
Just out of curiosity: I read a loit about people having 2 or more avis, and using the secondary to gather sweat, gain skills, etc. which is fine. What I am not clear about is how do the items/skills/sweat get transferred to primary avatar, as that would require them both to be logged on at same time, and thus need 2 computers...seems like a very elaborate setup.

Any thoughts on this?

well you could drop all your items in a private place, like in the middle or nowhere and then log into the other avatar and pick the items up. i haven't tried this method but i'm guessing it would work :)

I only use one avi because i just dont have enough time for two and sweat gathering is the last thing i want to do anymore of ...however you could just alt tab out of one window and open the game in another therfor having 2 avis logged in...or you could have more then 2 computers=-)

mohsinali410 said:
well you could drop all your items in a private place, like in the middle or nowhere and then log into the other avatar and pick the items up. i haven't tried this method but i'm guessing it would work :)

But before doing this you should let me know when and where you are about to do it ;) (so I can guard it for you...)

Seriously, this is asking to lose your stuff. Sods law states that a passing avi will pick your stuff up before you can log your second avi in.

Actually other than sweating I think there is no reason (other than possibly for scamming *spits on the ground*) to use a second avi, having skills in one area dosn't effect the rate of skill gain in any other (I believe) so if you want to skill up it is just as effective to use the primary avi as a new avi (because chips transfer experiance not levels (as I understand it)). So if you really want to spend hours more sweating for the extra $10 it will get you there probably is a way, but personally I'd just get a crappy $5/hour job for 2-3 hours/week deposit my earnings and use that to have some actual fun!

enter avatar 1 login and pass in the cl, wait for the game to load then alt tab and enter the 2nd avatar info into the cl and load again.

You have to alt tab a lot between the 2 but you can trade with yourself that way.

Squiglet said:
Actually other than sweating I think there is no reason (other than possibly for scamming *spits on the ground*) to use a second avi, having skills in one area dosn't effect the rate of skill gain in any other (I believe) so if you want to skill up it is just as effective to use the primary avi as a new avi (because chips transfer experiance not levels (as I understand it)). So if you really want to spend hours more sweating for the extra $10 it will get you there probably is a way, but personally I'd just get a crappy $5/hour job for 2-3 hours/week deposit my earnings and use that to have some actual fun!

wow i must be the biggest scammer in pe with your ideas :rolleyes:
as for skilling on a new avatar, maybe you should check on it.

If you are found with a second avi Marco states that you could lose both accounts.

Now if you use it legitimately then I doubt you have much to fear - if you need a pilot for a hanger etc.

If you don't and just use it for skilling...then you could be in trouble.

P-J said:
If you are found with a second avi Marco states that you could lose both accounts.

Please show where.

P-J said:
I
If you don't and just use it for skilling...then you could be in trouble.

Doubt it, just think about all those peds spent skilling on avi number 2, while avi 1 is say hunting.

more peds for MA.

Wanda said:
enter avatar 1 login and pass in the cl, wait for the game to load then alt tab and enter the 2nd avatar info into the cl and load again.

You have to alt tab a lot between the 2 but you can trade with yourself that way.

and cheers wanda, i never thought of that :dunce:

Darky.

Konve said:
Please show where.

On the forum 26th of the 6th 2006 I think. check out Marco's posts to the forum.

P-J said:
Now if you use it legitimately then I doubt you have much to fear - if you need a pilot for a hanger etc.

What's the logical difference between a skilled avatar having a second avatar for being a pilot - and a skilled avatar without hangar having a second avatar, let's say parked at CND or used for mining runs in nowhere so the first avatar is free to hunt/visit auctioneer etc? (Besides the obvious that in the first case, that the second avatar is having a hangar deed in inventory.)

Alot of 2nd avatars came from the fact that the first one was male , and could not afford the armor prices , though i reckon Male avatars hof more , pretty much balanced (not including selected female armors cost more or equivalent)

i made a poll a while back and it seemed like 20-25% of people had made more than one avatar - i can't see mindark banning 20% of their player base.

PE is supposed to be about fun not a facist dictatorship, some people (MA included) need to remember that.

MA doesnt ban easy, Aonyl when a scam is proven, or Sometimes to check stuff out.

And noggins case. But it really doesnt happen alot.

i made like 6-7 avvies lol

MA doesn't ban easy - but it does ban. Marco is an official spokesperson for MA so his word carries a lot of weight - if he says you could lose your accounts - then I believe him.

So if you make more than one avi I guess you are taking a risk. Some people take it - others don't. It is your personal call.

Back