Suggestion: Two simple changes

Deemer

Prowler
Change the line with "Durability" for weapons with numerical value. It's not 2005 and it's annoying to check everything simple things from the wiki website. This line exists anyway, just give it value instead of words.

To make sure in understand this, I think it's better to give an example. Therefore, I will summarize it like this.
In most RPGs taking a mob in a target there is a color indicator that tells the player whether this MOB is too strong, weak or is good for the level of the player.

For example, the very strong MOBs for our level are marked in red to tell us that it is too strong for us and will most likely kill us. In this case, the player can easily judge whether he wants to risk for better items at a more expensive than normal cost of killing.

The pale pink color suggests that the mob is a little stronger for our level, but we still have a chance to loot a better item at a slightly more expensive price for this kill.

The white color usually suggests that this mob is at our level. Loot is normal and skill acquisition is also good.

The green color suggests that the mob is a little weaker than us, which means a little less skill acquisition, but at the cost of better prey.

And the blue color suggests that the mob is too weak for us and neither the acquisition of skills will be good nor the loot itself.

Usually these color gamuts are used in an interval of about 10 levels, ie. 5 above our level and 5 below our level. Which helps even a new player to make his own choice.

Of course, in Entropia, not the level, but the weapon has the above effect, so for example, when we target a mob, this color range can help players choose the right weapon for the mob they have decided to hunt once you equipped it.

For example, here I remember how everyone who pays for the free game with a starter pack and starts with Barbarella encounters a mob that requires a weapon with a DMG range of 0.5-1... this is made for fun with new players who have paid in free game... right?

Since Entropia has a unique dynamic rate that affects the loot and TT returns, the above changes would not change much at the core of the game, on the contrary. In my opinion, for those who have a gambling character or just want to scratch their ego or just reach the levels for their wallets faster, it will not matter much, but they would still be aware that they will pay the price for their choice. Ie. you can avoid the statements that the game is gamble.

But for most players who prefer slow development so that the game doesn't get too expensive, this would have a positive effect. Respectively, I think it would affect the market itself due to the smaller volume of prey that is poured against the current demand every day, which would rather balance the mark-ups of the current 100.01-100.05% ..

I think the benefits of all this will be significant and would help to better understand the game. For example, when a player shoots 100 peds today and gets 8% Muscle Oil in the loot, and the next day gets 10% Muscle Oil in the loot, it would be easier to navigate the dynamic pace of the game... isn't it.

In my opinion, a small color correction would increase the activity in the game, simply because the majority of players are not programmers to access the chat.log and create their own automatic hunters.

Seriously, is there a member of the MA balancing team who can do a profit after a week-long hunt with Barbarella on Caudatergus around Icarus, for example. This is the starting point for every new player, let someone from MA show us how to make a profit in this case.

Do you really expect a player to use a TT gun for at least 10 hours for at least a week on a 50-60 HP mob, such as Exarosaurs, to see that the game holds back his TT loss of about 30 ped... ie. the longer you hunt in a normal frame, the better the loot and TT will be. But what you have built at the moment is more inviting for bots... I don't understand what your goal is, the game to be for bots?!

This is a quick thought that I haven't delved into... I'm just writing at the moment, but I think the basics is understood.

PPRPS.
At least the Durability line exists, and I don't think much work needs to be replaced with a numeric value.

Regarding 2.:

That sounds interesting, but that can't solely be based on a profession level. It depends on what armour you are wearing (if any), what equipment you're attacking with (e.g., TT-pistol or Armatrix LR-100) and its related professions, active buffs, ... Also the remaining HP of the mob is important.

Also it changes with switching from the tagging weapon to the regular weapon to the finisher weapon. Holding a FAP makes it red?

What happens if more mobs join in the attack?

No idea how group hunts could look like. I mean in some organised beginner hunts they hunt Ambulimax in groups of 10 with TT-knuckles and it works fine even though none of them would be able to kill it alone with the highest equipment they have. And if someone dies, that changes the "balance" of the team versus the mob.

Quite some stuff to think about :)

I have not considered the second point at all. I wanted to make a suggestion for 1, because it's really annoying to check on a website, something so simple that it's no longer the type of disclosure.

Since things are connected, the thought just crossed my mind and I tried to give a visual example, which could also serve as a new player who can read this topic.

The half-finished sentences from the MA messages like "if you shoot too much or too little, the prey won't be good"... I just described it above. How would it be perceived for future change, I do not even believe that someone from the MA will pay attention to it;)

At your core are also some of the answers you are looking for. For example, if 10 people hunt a mob, it goes without saying that it will be bigger than normal for the weapons of each of these parties. It also does not make sense for the fap to be decisive for the color nuance, as the visual effect would be determined by the weapon and not by the support item. As for the armors, it is no different from the fap.

In every game there are better items(weapons/armors/faps) for a certain level and that makes them more expensive... whether it's gold or PED, but it doesn't determine the main difference in the levels... they're just better than the normal items.

Isn't part of the fun figuring out the mobs and spending hours on wiki figuring out what armor to wear and gun to use?
It is weird enough that mobs have levels no. And those levels make not that much sense either I noticed. some level 12 I can kill easily and some level 7 eat me instead.

It is weird enough that mobs have levels no
That was added many years ago and before that we had no such info in the label. I find it very helpful as it gives a sense what may happen if I attack it without having to check entropiawiki. I mean with so many mobs and their maturities around it's impossible to know them all. You know your favourites, but not all.

And those levels make not that much sense either I noticed. some level 12 I can kill easily and some level 7 eat me instead.
I like to call that their "general character attributes" (regeneration speed, health points, damage, damage type, moving speed). Some regenerate quickly, but are slow or don't hit hard, another mob has slow regeneration, but hits hard. Both may have the same level and in a way it makes sense. Some mobs I can kill level 14 naked while others I have to stay away from level 9. Again, the level gives an idea.

There is word that those levels highly differ from planet to planet, so a level 10 on Calypso cannot be compared to a level 10 on Rocktropia. (I can't say much about that as I'm 100% Caly :) ).

Back