U think ur shop is large - check out Mega Shop! :)

pesok

Old Alpha
Society
CCCP
John Foma Kalun
How is that for price-item ratio:)? Non believers check out shop #1 on asteroid (and yes i know its bugged) check your own shops - might be surprised:)

:laugh:

Is it just a bug in the terminal or are you actually able to put loads of items in the display area?

nice display area.

I want such a supermarket, too

Is it just a bug in the terminal or are you actually able to put loads of items in the display area?

i tested it and it seems it is unlimited in the display in front of shop yes :laugh:
But on other side u cant put a forest of shopkeepers actually working in front :p
too bad, u cant access them but everything else work.
Looks like my shop inside is unlimited too :scratch2: :silly2:
a early xmas gift not expected... too bad i have no use of it tho :p

apparently u can put that many - i put few(200) and got tired - any1 went all the way up to the limit?

i tested it and it seems it is unlimited in the display in front of shop yes :laugh:
But on other side u cant put a forest of shopkeepers actually working in front :p
too bad, u cant access them but everything else work.
Looks like my shop inside is unlimited too :scratch2: :silly2:

Having the inside unlimited seems even better, but my poor computer would crash if someone filled their store with shitloads of items :p

Seems like the shop system is going bananas, are there more bugs? Some years ago the estate system went bananas as well, it even disabled the owner rights but nothing like that is going on now right?

It's a computer limit.

2^16 - 4 = 65532

A bug, obviously.

I had to click on this thread.

That's an impressive amount of items, but I'd imagine it'll be fixed very quickly. :xmas:

Check out apartments! Same thing there, except all items are in the large area on the stats.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...2-interesting-things-estates.html#post2567953

it affects all estates I think... Hopefully they'll leave it like that for us folks that already own estates, lol. or at least leave it for the stuff we put in before they fix it like they did with that guy that stuffed all those furry dolls in to an apartment a couple of years ago when something similar happened...

I got over 1k items in my shop already - working on towards 2k, but the shops fairly full and takes a little while to load, so guess I better quit so people can actually shop here. I don't consider it a bug, but an "undocumented feature" after all eu is dynamic, and eula says something about "as is"

Was not going to post here but since you already did I'll put up some screenies.

been going all vu long as far as I know... at least all weekend.

Please leave it like it is to make up to the estate owners that already own the places for the unequality being created by Medusa's free rent shops as was mentioned in some other threads. My suspicion is it was on purpose because of all the complaint threads about that... ??? interesting timing wouldn't you say..

Otherwise, if you do put all the stuff back in to storage, please send us some more resettlement containers and personal storage terminals, and maybe a few ped for the several hours of work to put these pics together, lol. Payment for beta testing this crazy game engine for you?!?

This is the way shops in game should be... at least with 1 or 2 k items slots, not 65k, lol.

If you want some cheap blueprints, swing on by Omegaton. Biggest selection around that I know of other then the auction, at least until some crafters that own shops read this, lol. Got just about every level from 1-7, mostly components, various others too.

P.S. PLEASE FIX THE BOOTHS WHEN YOU READ THIS MA|FPC... looks like dropping stuff in booths is resulting in where others can pick the stuff up again. Please fix that asap. We don't need another quarter of a year with broken booths like we had right after vu 10.

My guess, since the new continent is coming, and similar issues hit at vu 10 it's got something to do with the tools they use to design the terrain or something oddball like that?

and if you hurry in to quick, it does get laggish... but if you walk in slowly and let all the items appear on screen, it seems to work well, even on my low end computer... Pretty sure more then 1 or 2 k would be a bigger problem though... just trying to imagine what 65k would look like. someone want to go buy a ton of stuff from tt to try it out?!? ;)

Seriously think they might have done it on purpose to "test" the game engine like they did in the old days where they'd spawn tons of robots or mutants in one location in a city or something like that.

Last edited:
Mastermesh you also have to remember that all you are really rendering when you go into your area is BP's which are the same thing over and over so it will still be reasonably quick.
If someone has 2k different items with customisations etc that will take forever to load.

Imagine if everyone with an outside booth had 2k different items,the area would be pretty much unusable.

Mastermesh you also have to remember that all you are really rendering when you go into your area is BP's which are the same thing over and over so it will still be reasonably quick.
If someone has 2k different items with customisations etc that will take forever to load.

Imagine if everyone with an outside booth had 2k different items,the area would be pretty much unusable.

Have you actually gone by that shop? I did, and I have a high end graphics card and ssd, and it still took a while to load. I hate to think what it would be like with an older pc.

That stuff should be put inside so people just passing by don't have to load all of it.

Hahaha mastermesh - that's classic!

I wonder if this is related to the issue we've found today, where there seems to be no target box around our shopkeepers, rendering them totally unusable! Thoughts?

i wonder what a display area with 65k items in it would look like :laugh: must be VERY crowded, but a higher limit is very welcome!!!

Looks like it was fixed. Maria has like 1400+/9 items in the display area...

And you really should remove it, it's a lag fest. I don't think people will appreciate it other than the short term shock value.

Can't log in at the moment as I have a real job to be at IRL. I did restart a support case about it just now. I had sent one earlier, but ended up closing that one as I was not sure if it was a bug or as I call it "undocumented feature"... Feel it's time to send the support ticket now as they dropped the rent fee! First good move they've made in a long time as far as estates go.

:)

Lol! :D Thanks for the heads up.. But really, those of you who've used this bug, please remove the excess items from the shop ASAP! This was a bug, not an undocumented feature. One of the reasons for the limit is the strain all the items will put on passer-by's.

Last edited:
Dear Hanne, please don´t wait untill those players who used that bug already remove their items themselves.

Thorkells Tomb incident has shown that this could take month.

Just do it on your own, you have the abillity to move all items from shops into the shopowners storage, if it is needed to fix that bug.

And please don´t repeat the Thorkells Tomb drama, means get back all deeds and let people wait 3 years untill they get back what they already bought years ago.

Dang, I thought that new apartment i bought seemed too good to be true. 65K storage did seem a bit excessive. I guess i should have researched more before investing. I still hope the apartments will have a purpose someday

I've removed a few items from my shop. Might remove more later. Just don't have tons of time to be online at the moment. Actually pulled an all nighter last weekend to put most of the stuff in there... and this weekend we have some family things going on irl... so probably not a lot of time then either.

It's sort of ironic that you guys put this system online for us to use, then when we use it, you don't want us to use it. ... As most gaming companies know, players will use the systems given to their advantage whenever possible. As any good psychiatrist will tell you the only thing you can control is your own behavior, not the behavior or thought patterns of others.

Where's taming? I've got a UL whip that is just sitting here waiting for that system to come back up, and has been for over a year... Quite a bit of peds have been spent by many participants on that system that's now been broken for over a year.

It looks like dropping things in booths will allow others to pick them up again, a bug that existed for a quarter of a year when vu 10 came around - it was fixed a while, but now might be back. When will that be fixed again? It looks like value of booths just went down quite a bit because of the dynamic change to drop the rent fees. As a shop owner, I'm glad that happened, but as a booth owner, I'm not so sure I like that decision... but there's not much I can do about it because I cannot control FPC or MA's actions or thought patterns (at least not any more they you guys allow anyways)

a bug is really just a piece of code with a side effect that someone may not like, so really any bug could be considered a feature by someone and vice versa, depending on your point of view. I think the eula says something about "as is" and as FPC likes to say, eu is dynamic. I don't wish anyone lag, harm, etc., but guess by putting as many things in the shop as I did am just trying to make a point that I'm trying to work in the confines of the system given... if the system is not as intended, perhaps something should be done to fix the system, not push blame for programming errors on to end users of a system they didn't create and don't really have the power to programmatically change.

This little "feature" or as you call it "bug" has been online for over a week I think... That's an awful long time to let a bug go on that could potentially take the entire virtual world offline if everyone that owns a virtual estate in game puts 65k items in their estates. Thought this was suppossed to be a "safe" virtual world with a real cash economy. Seems like it's a not-so-safe buggy beta version of a game that's been in beta stage since day one and is really a real crash economy at the moment. There is opportunity to fix things and make them much safer and much better in the future. There are many steps in the right direction - just go the extra few miles and make that "bright future" actually happen for both you folks and us too.

Most companies have some form of quality control in the programming areas. It might be a good idea to look in to that more, and/or develop stricter policies and a list of priorities for that area. I know there's only so much FPC can do since MA controls a lot of stuff... but come on...

This is suppossed to be a REAL CASH ECONOMY... You are "playing with other people's money" here.

Last edited:
1/3 of this bug is fixed I think, but the other 2/3 of it still needs fixing. The estate is full message is back but the max item numbers are still screwed up... booths are still screwed up since nothing can be put in them without the message that others can pick up the stuff, and the weird problem that all items inside or outside are adding up to display area still is there. Keep sending in the support tickets.

this morning when I logged in the booth bug was still present.

Booth bug still exists (or at least did this morning when I logged in). Does the "mega shop" bug still exist? If you folks see shops with items in it over the maximum limit please post some screenies. Support is asking for additional info. Just look at a few estate terminals and see if number of items in it is more then the max. I'll probably start looking for more places like that when I get a chance to log in again tonight.

If you are exploiting this bug still, now you have a few hours to get it fixed by removing the items before support starts getting more serious and locking accounts or whatever. I've removed some avatar names posted in estate screenies in another thread on this per PM request. In the future, I won't do that, and I'll also be posting videos to youtube with the avatar names in them... It's been long enough for everyone to know by now that this is a "known bug" as they keep calling it (even if we all thought it was a feature at one point in time). I just wish they'd put everything in to storage like they did at vu 10 with the resettlement, and fix everything all at once, but understand why they don't want to do that.

you've been warned. Videographer might turn in to my avatar's next profession, lol. Have a nice day. :)

Last edited:
watch out ppl for being warned or banned for using that bug. Thats explot in MA eyes ;)

Back