UK meet up 2009

Monkee

Guardian
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Nikki MONKEE Farrell
Helllllooooooo fellow entropians!!

The time has come to start arranging a summer time meet up to meet, drink and laugh at the funny pics that end up on the forums so on behalf of TDO i would like to invite you all to an Entropia Universe Meet up on 11th July 2009!

Plans are still a bit rough around the edges at the minute but things that are pretty much a definate are the date (11th July) and the location (Worchester).

Fun is pretty much guaranteed so you really dont wanna miss out on this one, so if you are interested just let me know and if you live in or near the area suggestions of events are welcome! Hope to see you all there, and i will keep you all updated in this thread! If you wanna ask questions i will catch ya ingame or send me a wee PM! :)

COME ON FOLKS, WE NEED MORE DEFINATES SO WE CAN START PLANNING SO IF YOU ARE DEFINATELY COMING LET US KNOW!!

All Peeps who have definately confirmed as of 17/06/09 are as follows (and you cant change your mind now - i have put it in bold :p)

1. BJ (TDO)
2. Mrs BJ (Honorary TDO)
3. Spike (TDO)
4. Rockchick (TDO)
5. Stinky (TDO)
6. Lily (TDO)
7. Wanderer (TDO)
8. Mrs Wanderer (Honorary TDO)
9. Moonfish (TDO)
10. Woodger (TDO)
11. Xantonia (Rabbids)
12. Jamhot (JamHot Media)
13. Arokh (Freelancer)
14. Silva Mac (S.R Cadets)
15. Redwolf (Fox Cubs)
16. Rowdoc (Calypso Settlers)

Updated as requested!!

Beer route as provided by spike

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

If you can book a hotel in the most central location you can (obviously central worcester, not spain or anything) then you should be ok!

Lots of the troops are booking at the Travel lodge so make sure you book soon so you get a spot.

Also, venue of the hour seems to be wetherspoons as they have the free wifi for us to keep up to date with the WOF final!!!

Again, keep an eye on the thread as things may be subject to change!!!!

Quick note: Anyone who wants to meet in edinburgh for a couple after Worcester, lemme know so we can set something up. I may even be able to provide transport if you are really nice to me if you live in or around the fife area! :)

Last edited:
Just a wee bump

i would say women children and pets - the man likes his freak! :p :wtg:

Put me down :) I have never been to an Entropia meet up before, so its time to get my finger out and go to one :D

Great stuff for getting this up Monkee :)

The Venue will be WORCESTER (Not Monkee's Scootish Speeling :silly2:)

Details to follow but the Saturday is set. Basically just a knees up in the Pubs for the day :Beerchug:

:eek: :holyshit::jawdrop:

that's WoF Final day!!

We sorta know that :eek: But Bj went and booked his hols then, and every effort must be made to protect the Uk.

Put the meet in after drinks staggering distance from cardiff and i'm there.:D

Yeah Nadie, we swooned a bit when we worked that one out.

But as this was started around BJ's Itinerary coming from the Far East, we kinda cant do anything about it.

All sorts of wild ideas about descending on someones house with 16 laptops or some wifi Pub is being discussed :laugh:

And maybe the final will be in the daytime (4 hours or so) and people can make it after, or before, if in the evening.

I rather fancy Xany finding some place that will have a Laptop projector thing in the Bar and we can all watch from there :Beerchug:

I may be able to make this, though it may be a weekend when im tied down. Will check my calendar and see. Put my name down anyway :)

Is that where the sauce is from!? Count me in.

Jamhot

Hmm, this is tricky.

If I knew for sure that England wouldn't be in the WoF final, I would come.

And if I knew for sure that England would be in the final, I would not come.

So what the hell do I do now? :scratch2:

By the way, Worcester is one of the wierdest places I've ever been to. I was once there looking for a post office, and found one that actually turned out to be a pub, except it was in someone's house, and they suggested that I don't post any letters.

wtf? :scratch:

Worcester oh thats 240 mile from here, dont think ive been there yet...

By the way, Worcester is one of the wierdest places I've ever been to. I was once there looking for a post office, and found one that actually turned out to be a pub, except it was in someone's house, and they suggested that I don't post any letters.

wtf? :scratch:

Cool :D

Jamhot

Is that where the sauce is from!? Count me in.

oh God help us!:rolleyes: worcesteresterchestershire sauce on everything......

and anybody........

Stinky:yay:

Good move, I guess I'm a possibly definitely maybe (definitely maybe if by some horrific sequence of events England fail to make WoF final, definitely not if we do ;)).

Think about it, like someone said, WiFi - Laptops - Final - RL Beers after - Awesome!!!

Jamhot

Yeah Nadie, we swooned a bit when we worked that one out.

But as this was started around BJ's Itinerary coming from the Far East, we kinda cant do anything about it.

All sorts of wild ideas about descending on someones house with 16 laptops or some wifi Pub is being discussed :laugh:

And maybe the final will be in the daytime (4 hours or so) and people can make it after, or before, if in the evening.

I rather fancy Xany finding some place that will have a Laptop projector thing in the Bar and we can all watch from there :Beerchug:

No No No No....... This could actually make the meet wayyyy more exciting!

All we need is a hotel with a good internet connection and somebody who can supply some long LAN leads (not too keen on wireless). Forget laptops, ill bring my whole pc if we make it to the final :laugh:

Really though, if we do make it to the final there is more reason to go to the meet, if we don't then one less excuse not to attend. :)

Lets do it!!! We'll all take our lappies!!! :D

Also I'm already in talks with my very good friends over at entropiaoutfitters for some coolio prizes for the meet!

www.entropiaoutfitters.com :yay:

and of course there'll be more JamhotTV DVDs to give away!!! :yay: :yay: <---double yay!

Jamhot

OK, Poor Xany - gotta send her on a mission into Worcester to scope out suitable places.

On her list now is also a monster connection for the WoF England Team - to all drink Beer and play the final in the same place :eek:

OK, Poor Xany - gotta send her on a mission into Worcester to scope out suitable places.

On her list now is also a monster connection for the WoF England Team - to all drink Beer and play the final in the same place :eek:
Or if not all together a hotel with good connection we can play from rooms then meet in the bar. ? Either/or will be good , but finding somewhere with a wireless projector doowhatzits that we can stream to would be awesome.

You can do eeeeet Xany!!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rAHnwWfsaY[/YOUTUBE]

hehe

Jamhot

... Xany finding some place that will have a Laptop projector thing in the Bar and we can all watch from there :Beerchug:

Would be Very Cool Indeed...

A pub full of Entropians, including some WoF Judges, watching out for Globals, and all shouting "WALES!" simultaneously, or "USA, oh no, it's a Wrob"... would be awesome....

Hmm, this is tricky.

If I knew for sure that England wouldn't be in the WoF final, I would come.

Good move, I guess I'm a possibly definitely maybe (definitely maybe if by some horrific sequence of events England fail to make WoF final, definitely not if we do ;)).

You are right to be uncertain. After all at some point you WILL have to face Wales...

:cowerlikelittlegirls:

This one sounds like a ton of fun, and Worcester aint far from me in Bristol...

I can't help thinking that Whatever happens in the WoF I'll be needed on Finals Day in a Judging capacity, but praps I can make the evening...
Or perhaps I'll be able to Judge from the Pub, Beer in hand...

sorry! lol

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwv61Uu1fdA[/YOUTUBE]

Jamhot :D

Back