ukash system :)

Semdog

Provider
Society
DoA
Being in the UK, there are Paypoint locations on like every fooking corner (including the building in which I work), so I tried this new depo method and just wanted to report back that its about the easiest and quickest one on here now. Hand some cash to the bloke at any newsagents or gas station, get a reciept and type the number into PE and presto.

What you tell the people behind the counter? Is it just a general thing or ask for something specific?

My m8s are interested in PE... they got £53m cash to play with and this sounds like a great way to deposit without a credit card.

:laugh: lol at jove. :laugh:

what is the % transaction cost on the UKash.

is it more than the 3.5% credit card?

spod said:

i'd also l ike to know that ^^

Jove said:
What you tell the people behind the counter? Is it just a general thing or ask for something specific?

My m8s are interested in PE... they got £53m cash to play with and this sounds like a great way to deposit without a credit card.

LOL thats actually funny :)

Jove,

As you and I both know, the blokes at the newsagents speak everything but queens english. :laugh:

This is ok, because you dont even need to really speak to them. You goto www.ukash.com, and print out a "coupon" which has a barcode. Hand it to the guy with your cash, he scans the barcode into his PayPoint terminal and prints out a reciept with your code number on it. You type that code number into the ingame system on PE.

If you don't have a printer(doh), you can write down this ukash account number and he can type it into his PayPoint terminal:

With over 17,000 paypoint locations in the uk, this ukash method of depo into PE is the best solution for quick instant cash deposits without having to open another account like gametime or whatever.

Last edited:
Being fom UK too & having to put up with a £1.50 surcharge on every purchase i make that's not in Pounds i was looking at UKash too,

from what i gather from the PE CL, is it really true you can deposit in £'s? (or Euro's for some countries :) )

ie: deposit £10 and get X ammount peds?

yes

You "deposit" in pounds sterling £ by handing over cash at the paypoint location, and when you enter the code into PE it converts it over to USD/PED equivelant automatically. :)

No, its not more than CC deposits..Ill check it out again but it looked like the same or a little smaller....

spod said:

Very exciting as I'm based in the UK as well. And being able to use the Paypoint system in a Newsagents will I think open up PE to a much wider audience. Got two Paypoint enabled shops just down the road from where I live.

great news, and they will do the same for germany (not rdy yet) !

Im looking forward for this :D

This is good news for me too (UK) but wouldn't it be so much beter to have a ukash card instead of a bit of paper you print out? I've seen the list of my local newsagents who do it and I'm wondering what they'll make of my printed but of paper lol :umn:

Semdog said:
Being in the UK, there are Paypoint locations on like every fooking corner (including the building in which I work), so I tried this new depo method and just wanted to report back that its about the easiest and quickest one on here now. Hand some cash to the bloke at any newsagents or gas station, get a reciept and type the number into PE and presto.

frontpaged, +rep ;)

Henners said:
This is good news for me too (UK) but wouldn't it be so much beter to have a ukash card instead of a bit of paper you print out? I've seen the list of my local newsagents who do it and I'm wondering what they'll make of my printed but of paper lol :umn:

There are cards at 3 of the local shops I used, they have a copy themselves with all other barcodes used on the Paypoint system, so no need to print anything for me.

:)

I was using Splash Plastic for depositing. It worked a treat, no problems.

Trouble is, when I wanna deposit more than $100, I have to make 2 deposits, which means for some silly reason I have to wait 8 hours until both deposits are in the game (via PaybyCash)

Anyway, IF I ever deposit again (depends on the results of Gryffs open letter) I will probably be trying UKash. I would like to know the £-$ exchange rate they will be using for PE.

Anyone have a table? i.e.

100ped = $10 = £6.40
200ped = $20 = £12.80 etc etc etc

How does the rate for this (for UK sterling holders) compare with using Paynova and the onscreen in-game transfer? Sounds like a much better deal but is the 3.5% the total charge?

nutter said:
100ped = $10 = £6.40
200ped = $20 = £12.80 etc etc etc

100ped = $10 = £ 'dynamic' :D

The exchange rate fluctuates slightly, but that is the same if you use a credit card or 3rd party provider.

£50 = 837peds (+/- a ped or two) can't remember exact amount

Fin said:
...but is the 3.5% the total charge?

from Pounds to PED's, yes it was :)

When you buy a voucher you get £ for £ on it, the admin fee is absorbed in MA's fee, so they probably don't gain anything from it (shock, horror if they did).

added 'bonus' is that if you aren't clearing your credit cards each month you are paying interest on your purchases of PED's, with Ukash you don't as it's, errr, cash :wise:

Have used this twice now as previously mentioned in the UK our banks charge us £1.50 for currency conversions, the beauty with this is that you don't get that charge.

I have made 2 deposits with this system, one of £10 (received 167 ped for it) and one of £30 (can't remember what I got for it).

I worked it out, it's slightly better than the banks changing wiht the £1.50 charge, not much better but slightly better, and for lower deposits it's obviously a hell of a lot better!!!. Personally I use this method from now on as I hate giving the banks money for nothing!

The beauty of this too is that it's instantly put into your avatar account.

You don't need to take the voucher along, just tell them the numbers for Ukash (6337180011234567898) or just take an old receipt along.

Good on MA for changing the way we can pay in the uk, theres also another way which I tried which is splashtastic, it's like a debit card, you also pay at paypoint outlets but the charges were just ridiculous and not worth bothering with (and it alos takes time to load onto your avatar)

Well I was thinking, instead of people buying lottery tickets are we going to see people buying UKash for PE instead ;-)

But it does set a very interesting precedant. It opens up PE to the people not wanting to use Credit Cards or those who can't get one (IE under 18s). 30,000 outlets across the UK makes for a much wider market.

For example, those peeps who have used UKash, will you be depositing more now that you can?

mm

i have hard to belive that is easyer than using VISA. i use my VISA direct in the cl and from start my cl the money is on my pedcard in 30sek. Make it easyer than that and i may change way to deposit ;)

Aziphirael said:
For example, those peeps who have used UKash, will you be depositing more now that you can?

Maybe less, by the time I walk to the corner shop (2 mins) and get some fresh air into my body I start thinking 'do I really need to buy that armor/gun/FAP'

Also with seeing Pound notes leave my hand it kinda brings home how much I am really spending. With a Visa card it's just numbers, it's not real money ;)

It is, after all, 'just a game'

Vinedi said:
i have hard to belive that is easyer than using VISA. i use my VISA direct in the cl and from start my cl the money is on my pedcard in 30sek. Make it easyer than that and i may change way to deposit ;)

Yes, it's easier by Visa but more expensive....

Tried it last week it's pretty much the same as buying mobile phone topup.
The people in the shop seemed pretty interested in it also(they didnt realise they had it) as a way of paying for things online without giving out any cc details.
Happy with it.

technocat said:
Have used this twice now as previously mentioned in the UK our banks charge us £1.50 for currency conversions, the beauty with this is that you don't get that charge.

I have made 2 deposits with this system, one of £10 (received 167 ped for it) and one of £30 (can't remember what I got for it).

175.29ped I make it (off xe.com) so (and it's been a long day) is that ~5% MA take per deposit. I tried their site but couldn't find a figure (again it might just be its been a long day)

I didn't realise we had a £1.50 charge for credit cards to convert currency... whoops! :newbie:

Wistrel said:
175.29ped I make it (off xe.com) so (and it's been a long day) is that ~5% MA take per deposit. I tried their site but couldn't find a figure (again it might just be its been a long day)

Keep in mind that XE.com conversions are "mid-market" prices that changes many times a day.

XE.com said:
The mid-market rates shown in our information services are neither "buy" rates nor "sell" rates. Mid-market rates are derived from mid-point between the buy and sell rates of large-value transactions in the global currency markets.

Since "buy rates" and "sell rates" include overheads and profit margins that are set independently by each foreign exchange provider, they will vary depending on who you're talking to, and will always be different than the mid-market rate.

So the dollar is worth less than what XE shows if you sell, and higher if you buy.

Nice to see an easier way to deposit ... too bad that after the LG probably much less ppl will deposit lol

ironic no? :silly2:

DevAng said:
Nice to see an easier way to deposit ... too bad that after the LG probably much less ppl will deposit lol

ironic no? :silly2:

off topic:

naaah, c'mon they will be back, we are all addicted just like crack addicts (no I wont suck toes for 50peds :laugh: )

We hate it but we are still here, how many times have you seen people saying they're quitting? Only to see them back after a week or a month?

It's hard to leave it, yes it's expensive, yes it takes all (or most) of your free time, yes the lag sucks at times, yes the loots are crappy (for most people), but, we still play it.....

on topic:

Just to clear things up a little, I have asked support which exchange rates they use, as there are several different ones. When I get a reply (sensible or not :laugh: ) I will post here so everybody knows. Even though it should be in the CL imho

I like the look of this and will have to try it out my local spa should be able to help me out. The thing I might have a problem with is spending more like this :(

with $ I can put in $10 and feel ok I know its about £6-7 but if I start paying by uKash You know it will be with tenners and twentys, eating away at my bank balance much quicker, Would be great to see this at the tills of tesco aswell that way you could top up with the weekly food shop :laugh:

rotten ice said:
Would be great to see this at the tills of tesco aswell that way you could top up with the weekly food shop :laugh:

omg you can afford food as well as PE?

u be rich dude ;)

I used Ukash today - worked like a charm.

50 GBP translated into 847.46 PED.

I even got my free weapon and ammo, offered by MA to those using Ukash in its initial stage here. (M2100 and 200 light cell ;))

Thumbs up for Ukash.

TSCRYPTO said:
I used Ukash today - worked like a charm.

50 GBP translated into 847.46 PED.

I even got my free weapon and ammo, offered by MA to those using Ukash in its initial stage here. (M2100 and 200 light cell ;))

Thumbs up for Ukash.

That all? :eek:

I got ML-45 :D

Okay, that's a complete lie. I received absolutely nothing, guess it's because it's a limited time offer for first time deposits with this system?
I don't know, but maybe that makes me a dumb ass for using it when it first came out instead of just thinking about it.

For those other first timers - I have only just seen this offer and as far as I'm aware it's only through the CL

Last edited:
Back