FYI: Ukash vs Vanilla Prepaid Mastercard in Canada

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
Here are two methods to deposit $50 from Canada if you do not have a regular credit card nor want to do a bank transfer.

1. Ukash
  2. Vanilla Pre-Paid Mastercard
Both are available in various denominations, the $50 versions having a $4.95 fee. One or the other, if not both, should be available at nearby convenience stores or pharmacies.

1. Ukash is by far easier. From the in-game deposit screen, after selecting Ukash, enter the coupon code. The system automatically calculates the US exchange rate and deposit fee which are displayed before you confirm and continue. (The Canadian distributor of Ukash, NowPrepay is having weekly draws of $100 until December.)

2. The Vanilla Mastercard requires that you enter your name and address on their website exactly as it is on the MindArk website and activate it for online purchases. If the address is not an exact match, the deposit will not work. The other disadvantage is having to do your own exchange rate calculation, since credit cards are billed in US dollars rather than Canadian. In other words, on the in-game deposit page, you will be entering $49 or $48 depending on the current exchange rate. You will always lose a little bit as there is no way to charge the exact amount to drain the card completely due to fees and exchange rate.

I'm from Canada also and don't use my credit card to deposit(not that I have in over 2 months)

I find buying the $100 prepaid visa's at the corner store work best for me, registering it takes all of 1 minute and I'm good to go. If I was going for larger amounts I think I would use a bank transfer though.

Edit- I just looked at the Ukash site and have 7 locations within a 15 minute walk from my house, now I just have to figure out which one offers the cheaper rate.

I have bought prepaid visas in the past. Decent system that doesn't take that much time however usually 40-60 cents was wasted due to the exchange rates and other factors

My last prepaid was over 2 months ago and was a $100, If I remember right I could put in 91-92 on the deposit page after conversion and fees. Now with our dollar being where it is I'm sure it would go up a bit from there.

I'm trying to register my mastercard giftcard... but it keeps telling me invalid zip... I select, Canada, and Ontario... for one we don't have a zip... but again I put my postal code, it says invalid

on a good day using the prepaid visa's 100$ gets u about 96-97 ingame

when the C$ was stronger. i was able to get 98.

Seems with the gift cards my limit is still 20$. I emailed support. They want me to send them a ton of information, like birthday, and address and credit card info for me to get past the 20$

All that information is useless... send CC giftcard info through snail mail, by the time it reaches the address... the card will not have a balance left.

This NowPreyPay, I have a few local stores that support it, is there a limit?

Seems with the gift cards my limit is still 20$. I emailed support. They want me to send them a ton of information, like birthday, and address and credit card info for me to get past the 20$

All that information is useless... send CC giftcard info through snail mail, by the time it reaches the address... the card will not have a balance left.

This NowPreyPay, I have a few local stores that support it, is there a limit?

Ukash... but I don't for sure about any limit. And some store owners are simply brain-dead! I bought a Ukash voucher in a store one week, and the following week, even after seeing the Ukash available on the terminal, the guy wouldn't sell me any!!
I've always thought the CC deposit limit was to limit the impact of stolen credit cards.

Oh, once you've had your deposit limit increased, it applies for all future deposits -- in other words, the limit is not related to 1 specific card... so probably worth sending validation info.

Last edited:
im having the same problem i just deposited 20 dollars and it wont let me do no more has anyone else figured out how to get around it?

no its not possible to see the verification

Back