Unable to play on new PC due to lag issue(?)

So the highest one?

Also read my edit btw

Yes, the highest one, the shielded PCIe.
Also the most desirable place due to the airflow.

I disabled my iGPU in the bios.
if that is what you meant?

If that windows reinstall doesn't help and you are not afraid of opening up your pc and working on it.

Try removing and reinserting all cables , same for your gfx card and power cables. Also take out ram and reinsert.
1. Make sure you remove the power plug from the wall and set the button on your power supply on 0
2. toutch the pc case (if its made of metal) with your bare hand before toutching anything inside the computer to make sure your not staticly charged.

I disabled my iGPU in the bios.
if that is what you meant?
Right click windows icon (on bottom left) and click Device Manager (or "Apparaatbeheer" in dutch), make sure it's disabled there

Hate when something like this would happen to me so if you'd like I can try to help on discord later this evening

2. toutch the pc case (if its made of metal) with your bare hand before toutching anything inside the computer to make sure your not staticly charged.
Best is to touch a large metal object in the house like a radiator or the grounding of a socket
(should be able to not electrocute yourself on a european socket, but I'm not responsible xd)

Right click windows icon (on bottom left) and click Device Manager (or "Apparaatbeheer" in dutch), make sure it's disabled there

Hate when something like this would happen to me so if you'd like I can try to help on discord later this evening
I cannot disable it there, because it's already disabled ion the bios.
It only shows the RTX 2080 in screenadaptors.

Two general things you can do to verify the health of your Windows 10 installation:

1)
Select the following line and press CTRL+C

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth

Press menu start and type “CMD” to start the “command prompt”. Choose to run this as administrator. Press CTRL+V followed by ENTER
Wait till the process is done. You can close the command prompt with the X when finished, then reboot your machine.

2)
This time, select this line and press CTRL+C:

chkdsk /f /r

Press menu start and type “CMD” to start the “command prompt”. Choose to run this as administrator. Press CTRL+V followed by ENTER
Again, wait till the process is done. You can close the command prompt with the X when finished, then reboot your machine.

Do a last reboot and check if this improves anything.

Besides this, the thing you told about hearing a faint sound when moving the mouse: please disconnect any device you are not using (maybe usb webcam, usb speaker etc) and if possible BIOS update your motherboard.

If that windows reinstall doesn't help and you are not afraid of opening up your pc and working on it.

Try removing and reinserting all cables , same for your gfx card and power cables. Also take out ram and reinsert.
1. Make sure you remove the power plug from the wall and set the button on your power supply on 0

Already did this with the GFX and harddrives.
Havent done the DIMMS because I couldnt reach them easily because odf the CPU cooling.

But, again, I doubt it's being caused by a faulty connection or anything, because when running Elden ring I have no problem at all.
COuld a faulty connector only cause issues with some games and not for others?

Besides this, the thing you told about hearing a faint sound when moving the mouse: please disconnect any device you are not using (maybe usb webcam, usb speaker etc) and if possible BIOS update your motherboard.

About this, I could not hear the mouse moving, but I could hear a faint sound (when volume up to 100) that goes synchronized with the moving of the graphics in the client log in screen.
I cabn hear faint buzzes each time the screen moves (with about 1 fps). So the sounds also go with about 1 buzz per second.

Trying the other stuff right now.

*edit, tried your 1 and 2 option as well.
No difference.

Last edited:
About this, I could not hear the mouse moving, but I could hear a faint sound (when volume up to 100) that goes synchronized with the moving of the graphics in the client log in screen.
I cabn hear faint buzzes each time the screen moves (with about 1 fps). So the sounds also go with about 1 buzz per second.

Trying the other stuff right now.
I read it too fast, still it's a good practice to disconnect any unused connected devices. Plug your usb keyboard / mouse in another set of ports if applicable / possible.

Try replacing your video card from the old computer to the new one if the slots are compatible. I guess your new computer will start working normally with Entropia. Because I think the problem is in the architectural distribution of the rendering.

Your topic is relevant in the development phase, because it is very likely that next year half of the users here will still use DirX11.

Try replacing your video card from the old computer to the new one if the slots are compatible. I guess your new computer will start working normally with Entropia. Because I think the problem is in the architectural distribution of the rendering.

Your topic is relevant in the development phase, because it is very likely that next year half of the users here will still use DirX11.
but, how come I have no problems with other games like elden ring?

Sadly I already sold my old system. So can't change the GFX.

This might be a long shot , in the client window in the options you can change your connection setting. Set it lower if its high.
Prob won't help sinds you have it on another game too but might be worth a shot.

Unlikely that this is the issue, but just in case...your display cable is plugged into your gfx card and not mobo right?

You could look in the Event Viewer to see if you can match any errors that possibly occured at the same time you start the client and experience the issue.
If you have a spare harddrive you might just want to try a clean Windows install as it might be a faster to pinpoint the source of the problem.

This might be a long shot , in the client window in the options you can change your connection setting. Set it lower if its high.
Prob won't help sinds you have it on another game too but might be worth a shot.
Already tried.

Unlikely that this is the issue, but just in case...your display cable is plugged into your gfx card and not mobo right?

Right.
I might not be the sharpest tool in the shed in regards to PC's, but this for sure isnt the case.
Otherwise other games wouldn't have worked either ;)

You could look in the Event Viewer to see if you can match any errors that possibly occured at the same time you start the client and experience the issue.
If you have a spare harddrive you might just want to try a clean Windows install as it might be a faster to pinpoint the source of the problem.

This is just the thing. I don't get any errors at all.
It's just that with some actions, like launching the client, running warhammer total war or opening youtube in my browser, that my systems seems to slow down.
And that affects things like my cursor speed when keeping a key pressed for example.

This is just the thing. I don't get any errors at all.
It's just that with some actions, like launching the client, running warhammer total war or opening youtube in my browser, that my systems seems to slow down.
And that affects things like my cursor speed when keeping a key pressed for example.
There are a lot of errors you wont get a direct notification for as a user, but that are being logged in the eventlog. These might point you towards the source of the problem.

Scammer! :sneaky:

Crying-Engine doesn't seem to support the formulas for your video card... it's from the future, so it's unknown to Crying-Engine.

1. Buy a Video Card for about ~$30 old compatible for your motherboard bus until MA releases the new engine, and fix your problem.

2. Play Elden Ring and collect your income from CLD until MA releases the new engine. Then he bought the Messiah's Knife and won the game.

3. Retain your CLD income until MA releases the new engine. And then give me 1% for good advice.

alright folks, system is just done with a windows re-install.

That seems to have fixed the issue!
Just managed to log in, and it runs smoothly on max settings!

Pretty stupid that I hadn't done this to start with, but I didn't because last week I started with a fresh install and other stuff was working as it should.
So i figured that the least possible solution.

But as mentioned, I'm just a total idiot when it comes to computer stuff (and arguably other stuff too).

I do want to thank you all for thinking with me and to have spend the time trying to figure this out.

This case can be closed!

problem was back :eek:

But this time I managed to find out what was actually the problem!

I was reinstalling some other stuff like a blue tooth dongle.
The integrated BT wasnt strong enough to reach my stereo.
So I used a BT dongle.
Installed the appropriate driver, but after installing that driver I got the problem again.

So, all the time it was the bloody BT dongle causing all this misery!

Windows re-install was only the solution since it de-installed the BT driver.

Good, now to get the dongle to work and Im good again ;)

Last edited:
Good to hear its resolved.

I had a long shot fix that I faced myself.
My mouse and keyboard are both steelseries and that software package they provide puts my computer into slow motion.
So I have to use windows default software instead.
Was just a long shot , but you found your culprit.

So... installing a dongle caused you to glitch to the point that playing was impossible.

❔

:unsure:

Nope. Too many obvious jokes. *walks away*.

🚶‍♂️

Good to hear its resolved.

I had a long shot fix that I faced myself.
My mouse and keyboard are both steelseries and that software package they provide puts my computer into slow motion.
So I have to use windows default software instead.
Was just a long shot , but you found your culprit.

Sounds similar.
I installed a Bluetooth software package that also did put my PC into slowmotion.
But not always. When I started up the PC nothing was wrong, but as I started to run programs (like the client or video using programs like youtube in my browser) it turned slow.

So... installing a dongle caused you to glitch to the point that playing was impossible.

❔

🚶‍♂️
Actually yes it did.
I could not get the dongle to work so I searched for a driver and found a Bluetooth suite software package.
It did manage to get the dongle working, but on the other side trashing my system.

Just glad you found the problem and are "back in the game", so to speak. :)

Just glad you found the problem and are "back in the game", so to speak. :)
exactly, now at least I can log in again to sell all my shit to get out again :ROFLMAO:

Last week I replaced my desktop to bring it up to date again.
Re-installed everything and tried to log in.
*cry*
I miss windows 95.... Less user friendly but more friendly non the less.

I bet it's as simple as it is stupid. Let me know so others can see in case they get issues.
You installed everything like a good boy. Windows, graphic card tool, drivers needed and licked yourself a bit saying "Now that IS a job well done!"
Which by all intent would be 100% true.. Sadly, windows 10+ are too smart for their own good! Without your knowledge they often replace graphic cards drivers and sometime even others with the "proper" improper driver. This usually cause bugs, flickers, fps loss, tool working improperly causing more confusion between the tool, windows update and applications. It's just all lovely!(Or not...)

Should this be the case, make sure to try a roll back on driver and look about X, Y, Z and Turkey Drives being changed by windows without permission. You will have some guides to lock this behavior up even if it's a little of weird fixes... But it work.

When you try to complicate solutions.. It never work. Just look at what windows 10+ does by being "smart"

I am not surprised the dongle caused the slow down , I have had issues with dongles before , what I do after a major install of windows , is put all the up to date drivers in first , then install Entropia check it is running fine , then every time I install something new recheck entropia is still running ok , if at some stage entropia runs bad , remove what caused the issue (install backup) and if you unlucky and the issue remains , youl just have to start again from scratch , once you get bad driver / hard ware issue , you cant always back track .
Windows can be prone to bad installs from scratch , and you get odd things happening (slow downs, pointer goes invisible , gliches ).
a reinstall can be the only way to fix , once you get stable install it is usualy fine .

Back