Unable to run Entropia Tracker suite

wizz

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
Howdy,

Since a short while I can't run the entropia tracker suite anymore.
As soon as I open it i get a Microsoft .NET framework error message:
"Root element is missing"

I can open the tracker suite (client version 8.2.2.2) and log in, but program status is "stopped" and when I press "start logging" nothing happens.

The only thing I can think of is that I installed a new virus scanner " kaspersky"

When I look into my kaspersky I noticed that the Tracker has a red sign at the signature part.
What I already did was to give the tracker suite all the rights. So everything I could I set to green.
But this did not help.

Since that's about all the knowledge I have about this, I don't know what to do next to fix this.

Anybody got any ideas about what to do to get it running again?

off hand sounds like you're missing something from the application/program Microsoft .NET Framework. I would start there, uninstall and then redownload.

thanks for the reaction!

Tried your link, downloaded it and tried to install, but:

Details
.NET Framework 4.8 or a later update is already installed on this computer.

So I guess that;s not the issue.
Also, would be strange, since I've been running the tracker for years and I did not remove any .net software (that I can remember)

Delete and reinstall worked for me.

:bump:

Still not working.
Anybody got more idea's?

thanks for the reaction!

Tried your link, downloaded it and tried to install, but:

Details
.NET Framework 4.8 or a later update is already installed on this computer.

So I guess that;s not the issue.
Also, would be strange, since I've been running the tracker for years and I did not remove any .net software (that I can remember)
Did you uninstall the .NET from your PC first?

Did you uninstall the .NET from your PC first?
hmmm...tried to uninstall it through setting->apps.
I think I might have accidentally uninstalled something else.

I tried to install .net again but it still says it's already installed.
No idea how or where to uninstall it.

I'm just a salesmen. I know shit about IT :scared:

Who actually writes/maintains that program? Is it open source? (it really should be)

There is an xml file somewhere in your PC that iirc saves the settings and what not of the tracker, it is corrupt. Delete it, and run the application like new. It will create a new one.

When I get home and if i can think straight ill try finding again the directory.

C:\Users\(User)\Documents\Entropia Tracker\settings.xml

Delete that file settings.xml, the reason why reinstalling doesn't work is because that file isn't removed when you uninstall the app.

Delete that file settings.xml, the reason why reinstalling doesn't work is because that file isn't removed when you uninstall the app.
hmm...
This location is empty. It's an empty folder.
But I did find the settings xml on my F drive.

I removed the file.
Uninstalled tracker suite.

Reinstalled.

But I get the same as before.
Tracker does open, but it just doesn't start logging.
Program status: stopped.

Switch virus scanner?
You could also try to disable it for a minute and then see if it works..

Tried running as admin?

I might just give up on it.
Don't even know why I keep running it. Nothing worthwhile to track anyway 😐

Are you still getting the root element missing though? What does the error log spit out?

So I also have kaspersky and cannot run entropia tracker. I have tried all that you have and haven't had any success either. I gave up, but at least you know you aren't alone now lol

I know it's like suggesting "check if the plug is firmly inserted", but it might be worth checking if the location of chat.log in the Setup tab is still correct.

So I also have kaspersky and cannot run entropia tracker. I have tried all that you have and haven't had any success either. I gave up, but at least you know you aren't alone now lol
Yeah, I also think its kaspersky. It happened after I installed that.

But good to hear I'm not alone 😉

Back