Unable to update since 15.11.0.

SPM

Young
south park mexican
After the release of 15.11.0, my client loader has been beginning downloads of seemingly random size, and restarting with a new file size after some time. The filesize even increases as it attempts to download these files. Support hasnt been any help yet.... only asking me for more information. I have never had a problem updating in the past. I tried a new installation. i checked my firewall. i tried admin. Pls Help!

Here is a paste of my correspondence with support:

2016-12-07 16:23 You wrote:
I cant get the update to download. i dont have Headjack - Hunt The THING ticked.
2016-12-08 10:13 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi park,
Thank you for contacting us.
We are always happy to help, however, in order for us to assist you, we need more information about this, is there anything else you can tell us about this issue?
Kind regards,
Jeff | Entropia Universe Support

2016-12-08 18:51 You wrote:
For example, the download will begin and it will say "downloading required planet data" and the size will be 60MB. 10 minutes later, it will be 20% complete and the size will jump to 90MB. it might get up to 30%, and the size will increase over 100MB. it will eventually restart the download. The size will be completely different. might start at 50MB. might start at 120MB. I only have arkadia and ark underground ticked in my planet data options. Im running Windows 7. Is there a manual update installer i can download?

2016-12-08 18:58 You wrote:
Firewall is off. i have tried with running as admin.

2016-12-09 10:15 Entropia Universe Support:
Hi park,

Thank you for the additional information you have given us.

Have you tried to uninstall and re-install the game?

We are aware of issues with the Client Loader and our development team is currently looking into this unfortunate occurrence.

We apologize for the inconviences this might have caused and hope you can continue playing while this issue is being adressed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,
Clarence | Entropia Universe Support

2016-12-09 10:29 You wrote:
i have been in the process of creating a new installation. its very unfortunate because im using a very slow satelite connection and it will be days before i will be able to attempt to log on again. I have seen posts in the past about links for redistributed updates hosted on the official site. if this is available i would be able to continue to enjoy your service much sooner.

2016-12-09 14:23 You wrote:
i have began downloading required planet data on my new installation. looks like it is still restarting, but the file sizes are now much higher. i have recorded the size displayed over a few hours.

3.396GB
3.417GB
3.386GB
3.398GB
3.403GB
3.342GB

it restarts after reaching about 1 percent with a new size. i will be letting it run as i go about my business this morning.

2016-12-10 10:13 You wrote:
right now the size has been 51.44MB over and over, restarting after 3MB is downloaded

This post wont help you a massive amount but may point to an issue that the developers perhaps can look into.

Every time recently there has been a VU, the download works fine but the client loader goes "Not responding" after.

I have to reboot PC in order to play Entropia. Not a massive deal but an indicator something isn't quite right. Yes I run Windows 7, no I wont downgrade to Windows 10.

Just a jab in the dark, but I've remembered having encountered something similar in a past VU ages ago (you know how MA seems to have the tendency to have recurring bugs pop up once every so often :laugh:). So try doing this if you could get the green "launch client button" to light up and arrive at the login screen.

If you can, then enter your username and password to log into the game as per normal. You should then reach the alternative downloading progress bar.

Wait for it to finish and you should load into the game correctly.

(I've recalled having met this too...whereby the filesize that I needed to download keeps increasing and increasing with no end. Just by coincidence, and an itchy butt, I tried logging in nonetheless to see what could possibly happen and it miraculously solved my stupid problem. :eyecrazy:)

Sounds familiar now that you mention it... unfortunately my button is not enabled. I even tried opening the client directly while the client loader is running.

Last resort...

Hunt down the folder containing these ".pak" files.

Examples:
sectors_0001_calypsosystem_01.pak
shared_calypsoshared_01.pak
shared_item_01.pak
territories_arkadia_01.pak
territories_beladcom_01.pak
territories_rocktropia_01.pak

(They should be hiding in some folders under "...entropia universe\public_users_data\dynamic_content" somewhere in your hard disk.)

These are the files to backup.

After backing them up, uninstall the client, download the "new" client installer from MA's game website, install it in a "new path location" instead of using the old game folder's path.

Run the client launcher and wait for it to retrieve all the core stuff.

Once it reaches the part whereby it starts downloading planet-specific files with large file sizes, close the client and locate the place where those planet-specific .pak files now reside.

Copy/Overwrite them with your old ones and run the client launcher again.

Should hopefully then bring you up to speed.

(I normally do this when I encounter problems with the client launcher. Saves me the trouble from having to redownload everything.)

i have the exact same problem since that VU. everytime it starts downloading up to a point where it gets slow and then suddenly loads more than the size should be and cancels it after some time.
there is a very easy solution for this. what allready has been mentioned does work but you need to download a lot each time and thats not really helpful.
a lot easier is just that you need to turn off your antivirus programm as it blocks the overwriting of the entropia.exe file. after turning the live check off and restarting the download it works without any problem.

Thanks for all the replies. i have already tried reinstalling. i dont use antivirus. i wish they had a manual download for this...

i dont use antivirus.

There are free anti-virus programs out there, please install one ASAP.

AVG, Avast are two that come to mind.

Whilst you are at it, you may want to install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware too.

You might find a lot of your difficulties may disappear by doing so. :yup:

did you uncheck hunt the thin in tools/files?

antivirus software causes all kinds of inconvenience for me. I have a good understanding of malware and best practices.

sbi: yes

There are free anti-virus programs out there, please install one ASAP.

AVG, Avast are two that come to mind.

Whilst you are at it, you may want to install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware too.

You might find a lot of your difficulties may disappear by doing so. :yup:

well if you know what you are doing you dont really need an antivirus program. but a good programmed firewall in your router

p.s. maybe windows defender is still on while firewall is disabled. can cause the same problems

Back