Unacceptable modification from MA

I still don't understand what the right click acctually did before? was it only auto loot when when the mob died?

ha , you will laugh, then feel !!!!! if u ever went into pvp , just like i did when i learned of it recently

you needed to turn most things off in the control options, walk too ect , then when ever you press rclik in the air it never fired, but as soon as a target hit plain came into sights and you rclick it would fire. So you NEVER missed by accident, you never shot and wasted time , you spammed the rclick as fast as humainly possible and pointed or just wiggled about till the target was in view. LOL incredible , it was like having an aim-bot ingame .

So simple:
- target NOT an avatar, use aim and use tool, move to target if needed, loot if dead.
- target IS an avatar in PVP, don't aim, just use tool, like left click.
- target is MISSING, don't do anything.

Really really hard... the second line is the only change from before. PVP + avatar target? Right click = left click.

No, the second line results in the same problem in pvp as before, high rate autoclicking or rmb mashing and as soon as your crosshairs are over the target you shoot. That was the problem. The solution as stated earlier in the thread is to have the rmb do nothing in aim mode on avatars.

ha , you will laugh, then feel !!!!! if u ever went into pvp , just like i did when i learned of it recently

you needed to turn most things off in the control options, walk too ect , then when ever you press rclik in the air it never fired, but as soon as a target hit plain came into sights and you rclick it would fire. So you NEVER missed by accident, you never shot and wasted time , you spammed the rclick as fast as humainly possible and pointed or just wiggled about till the target was in view. LOL incredible , it was like having an aim-bot ingame .

Aha... that was news too me. Well, sounds like a change that are good for pvp fights not bad?

Yes..MA has nerf the hitability a lot,if you compare from the old days then we did not have.

1. Firing the first shot takes longer time.
2. The weapon points left and down, the result is that you skip a firing.
3. Today, your ability to miss several times in a row more then in the past.
3. Your avatar is so slows to turn when the mob move.
4. Lot more mobs spawns beside you.
5. Most of the mobs is behind the hill you have to get closer the mob before you can start to firing.
6. The mob is healing faster.
7. More crit hit.
8. The mobs has become more aggressive to day.

All this leads to for you to spending more money on ammo and to get lot,lot,lot and lot more decay.

Now MA also looks to see how much it can do about PK to get more money.

Would love to know how much it cost to kill "let say" a Atrox Stalker back in 2004 and compare the same kill to day.

Last edited:
For the tenth time:

Right-click was usefull to shoot ONLY when the target was REALLY under cursor. If you tried to shoot near the target, it WILL NOT SHOOT. Now, IT WILL.

Now, people say aim better. What they failed to understand, because they don't care to read what others are posting, is that OUR AIM IS FINE. I have the mob in front of me, fat and juicy over 1/3 of my screen, I see it's name displayed all the time, and I SHOOT THROUGH IT. Is a bug encountered by some - by right-clicking before yesterday, the system who failed to recognize the properly aim mob also saved you to shoot the mob. Left-click did not had this advantage.

Not everyone encounters this bug, to shoot through mobs, but reading the posts I think most of them have it but are oblivious to it.

In case of looting, same thing happened: dead mob is there, right-click to loot it, system fails to recognize the hitbox, now it shoots your weapon instead of doing nothing. Shortcut for loot works a little better, if it fails to recognize your PROPER aim on the dead mob just says "no target". Sometimes FAILS EVERY time and I had to relog - this is why I stopped using the loot shortcut - Right-Shift was my assignment.

So: OUR AIM IS JUST FINE - WE DON'T NEED TO USE MOBS HEALTH BAR, because we are quite good at aiming as it is. Besides, we are just very aware what is happening so we can see a shot going through mob during hunt, doing no damage... "details, details". WE (the complainers) had a quick safe nice way to hunt, which it seems others were not aware - is all about learning the game ropes.

And with this I'm done with this thread and subject, just remember: last week in another "whinning thread" there were people asking why some made such a fuss. Today, they are affected also. Tomorrow, another 2-3 of you: slowly but surely they'll hit you where it will hurt you.

And after so many pages, no official answer - which just make the snowball rolling. I fully understand they can feel "saddened" and "perplexed", but reacting to X% players wishes and not thinking about the other XX% - it can hurt.

So simple:
- target NOT an avatar, use aim and use tool, move to target if needed, loot if dead.
- target IS an avatar in PVP, don't aim, just use tool, like left click.
- target is MISSING, don't do anything.

Really really hard... the second line is the only change from before. PVP + avatar target? Right click = left click.

Wouldn't this kinda put us back where we were before? Also, how will the game know if your intended target is a player or a mob?

Aha... that was news too me. Well, sounds like a change that are good for pvp fights not bad?
yea , means everyone who was good because of this feature will now suck, and the old twitch skills come back into play .

Yes..MA has nerf the hitability a lot,if you compare from the old days then we did not have.

1. Firing the first shot takes longer time.
2. The weapon points left and down, the result is that you skip a firing.
3. Today, your ability to miss several times in a row more then in the past.
3. Your avatar is so slows to turn when the mob move.
4. Lot more mobs spawns beside you.
5. Most of the mobs is behind the hill you have to get closer the mob before you can start to firing.
6. The mob is healing faster.
7. More crit hit.
8. The mobs has become more aggressive to day.

All this leads to for you to spending more money on ammo and to get lot,lot,lot and lot more decay.

Now MA also looks to see how much it can do about PK to get more money.

Would love to know how much it cost to kill "let say" a Atrox Stalker back in 2004 and compare the same kill to day.

Absolutely ! And the list is even longer...

Right click on any target except avatar => use tool (as before)
Right click on nothing => do nothing (as before)
Right click on avatar => do nothing (changed for pvp purposes)

Fix it asap please...

you will get shivers if you stay 8 hours per day 20 days in a row and only use manual shooting, you will be tired as hell this is where this auto-things come in handy for long hunting sessions

Did you played 7-8 hours per day for multiple days?

I hunted small mobs for over 10 hours yesterday with no issues.

On days when I do not work both of my jobs I usually spend 10+ hours in game hunting from the time I log in until the time I log out. Since I also multi-task while hunting (responding to forums, updating our Soc forums, helping players in society via PMs, chatting in PMs so I don't get bored grinding, reading facebook...I can keep going) I hunt in 3rd person using the auto-use tool and move to target when interacting...I can do all of this at the same time and occasionally have a missed shot because I did not tab back in time or finish a sentence in chat...so forgive me if I don't see what everyone's fuss is about with the "right click to loot" being removed...there are hotkeys and several other hunting methods to prevent you from wasting shots.

Any other questions?

I hunt in 3rd person using the auto-use tool and move to target when interacting...I can do all of this at the same time and occasionally have a missed shot because I did not tab back in time or finish a sentence in chat...so forgive me if I don't see what everyone's fuss is about with the "right click to loot" being removed...there are hotkeys and several other hunting methods to prevent you from wasting shots.

Any other questions?

Yes. Why are you trolling us?

I opened a support case suggesting that we have an option to disable weapon firing on the RIGHT-click. (people who enjoy the current behavior can still use it)

I would prefer the RIGHT-click button to have a single function such as "loot".

Their track record of fixing bugs that I report is close to 0%. :laugh:

what the hell give me back my right click no shoot thing. i cant aim and sick of wasting ammo

On days when I do not work both of my jobs I usually spend 10+ hours in game hunting from the time I log in until the time I log out. Since I also multi-task while hunting (responding to forums, updating our Soc forums, helping players in society via PMs, chatting in PMs so I don't get bored grinding, reading facebook...I can keep going) I hunt in 3rd person using the auto-use tool and move to target when interacting...I can do all of this at the same time and occasionally have a missed shot because I did not tab back in time or finish a sentence in chat...so forgive me if I don't see what everyone's fuss is about with the "right click to loot" being removed...there are hotkeys and several other hunting methods to prevent you from wasting shots.

Any other questions?

Believe it or not some of us prefer actively playing the game, rather than autoclicking/auto-use-tooling on hp bars and letting Entropia make your every move.

I would prefer the RIGHT-click button to have a single function such as "loot".

I would like that as well ,whas no user of auto targeting befor and allways used right click for looting ,now it will fire if not target the corps .

Believe it or not some of us prefer actively playing the game, rather than autoclicking/auto-use-tooling on hp bars and letting Entropia make your every move.

If you can't take the care to ensure that you are clicking correctly at the correct target, and you are hammering at the key relying on Entropia to prevent an overshoot, then you may as well be auto-clicking.

Not busting your balls mate, but it's a question of degree. If you take pride in your active participation in the process, then you shouldn't be using a built-in failsafe anyway. Just an opinion.

If you can't take the care to ensure that you are clicking correctly at the correct target, and you are hammering at the key relying on Entropia to prevent an overshoot, then you may as well be auto-clicking.

Not busting your balls mate, but it's a question of degree. If you take pride in your active participation in the process, then you shouldn't be using a built-in failsafe anyway. Just an opinion.

Have you seen Solfais Crater lately? Those mobs teleport around, their animation skips and they appear in glimpses all over the place. Before with right click, the client guaranteed that your shot hit the mob hitbox through lag, jerky animations, obstacles or range. Now right click = left click.

Do we get reimbursed for missed shots?

Why is it still called "aim mode". It should be called pvp only mode!

Have you seen Solfais Crater lately? Those mobs teleport around, their animation skips and they appear in glimpses all over the place. Before with right click, the client guaranteed that your shot hit the mob hitbox through lag, jerky animations, obstacles or range. Now right click = left click.

Do we get reimbursed for missed shots?

Why is it still called "aim mode". It should be called pvp only mode!

Good god.

So you mean to tell me I beat the snot out of "experienced" PvPer's who were actually using a built in aim bot? Shit, all this time I have been doing it the hard way, and actually aiming my cursor and timing my strike instead of just taping a key down and waiting for some hapless fool to walk into my line of fire....

You pussies need to man up. Lord almighty. :boxer:

Im glad I found this thread!
At first I thought that my 2 weeks old mouse was already broken lol

I miss shots like crazy now. When the mob is far away I have to really aim closely and right click for my avatar to run over to it. There is also problems when I loot it and sometimes miss and fire bullets in the air.

For you who speak of dragging the HP bar out and shoot on that instead havent thought of small mobs like merps etc. When there is hundreds of them attacking you there is no way I can drag the HP bar on all of them.

This makes it difficult for me to hunt since both its a totally new thing to get used to and all the wasted ammo.

Last edited:
Same here.

But, seems we are the minority and the entire population around us slowly becomes disabled. when i read so many people compalining that they can't hunt any more, because the right-click on the mob doesn't move their avatar automatically to the mob and it doesn't start shooting at the right distance. the game is ruined! it's totally unplayable! ffs!!!
all these people are dead serious, this is the game for them... makes me sad if i think about this. :(

Speaking about the question of degree, i can also show you where the opposite path leads. A while ago i got an advertisement to my e-mail: "join our game and we give you a free skilling bot for free!" (something like that)
Couldn't find it atm, but i remember it was quite popular eastern MMO at that moment. You could set up your bot, log off and the skilling bot keeps improving your avatar while you are offline.

This is where this road will lead. Thanx but no thanx, i'll pass.

But, seems we are the minority and the entire population around us slowly becomes disabled. when i read so many people compalining that they can't hunt any more, because the right-click on the mob doesn't move their avatar automatically to the mob and it doesn't start shooting at the right distance. the game is ruined! it's totally unplayable! ffs!!!
all these people are dead serious, this is the game for them... makes me sad if i think about this. :(

I think you are misunderstanding. They are only complaining that every so often you shoot in the air or ground doing the same things as you did before. You can't blame people when the game coders destroy such a good feature to circumvent the behavior of some dicks in pvp.

It's not like EU hunting is an extreme and exciting activity that keeps you on your toes. No, it's usually boring and repetitive, having to add more tasks or time to this to make sure you don't lose money because of removed features, gets a bit annoying. I hope you understand. One bad interaction cancels the effect of ten good ones.

Speaking about the question of degree, i can also show you where the opposite path leads. A while ago i got an advertisement to my e-mail: "join our game and we give you a free skilling bot for free!" (something like that)
Couldn't find it atm, but i remember it was quite popular eastern MMO at that moment. You could set up your bot, log off and the skilling bot keeps improving your avatar while you are offline.

This is where this road will lead. Thanx but no thanx, i'll pass.

Bots can still be made to click three buttons and watch the chatlog. Shoot-loot-shoot-loot-shoot-dead-loot-next-target-repeat...

Or they can simply lock health bars with no tool equipped and monitor that, the bar always spawn in the middle of the screen.

Bots can be made no matter what the systems are, this change does nothing to prevent that.

Same here.
the right-click on the mob doesn't move their avatar automatically to the mob and it doesn't start shooting at the right distance. the game is ruined! it's totally unplayable! ffs!!!
all these people are dead serious, this is the gme or them...

Appreciate the condesention in that comment.

I for one don't like to stand in one place when I hunt actively and am not just casually working through a mission while I watch a movie. If I'm solely focused on hunting I'm circling the mobs jumping around a bit because I find that more entertaining than point and shoot repeat. That was only and option with the use tool feature that was just removed, I'm now reserved to stand in one place and point shoot repeat.

Unless I want to pull a health bar off every mob, more boring stuff to deal with...

I do find it interesting how some people that are not affected by an update since they play the game differently seem to feel its their duty to tell others their wrong.

*adapting to a more boring style of hunting*

Cheers

Same here.

But, seems we are the minority and the entire population around us slowly becomes disabled.....

No , the minotity is the player who abuse that feature in pVP on special planet.

I dont understand why , all player of all planet have to suffer from a good feature beeing disabled , because a very small population of 1 planet "abuse it"...

i think it should be the planet owner to think before making something that can be abused with current game mecanic...and it should be the planet owner to fix , or close this part of planet , if MA need some time to fix the problem...

Because with such dumb logic , next time some planet , make a mistake with mining , lets say they put to much big deposit in one place , MA will desable mining for whole game ?

No , the minotity is the player who abuse that feature in pVP on special planet.

I dont understand why , all player of all planet have to suffer from a good feature beeing disabled , because a very small population of 1 planet "abuse it"...

Do you have proof of this? Because I have seen a lot of people complain about this on Calypso as well, over the last couple of years at least.

Appreciate the condesention in that comment.

That was only and option with the use tool feature that was just removed, I'm now reserved to stand in one place and point shoot repeat.

Unless I want to pull a health bar off every mob, more boring stuff to deal with...

I do find it interesting how some people that are not affected by an update since they play the game differently seem to feel its their duty to tell others their wrong.

*adapting to a more boring style of hunting*

Cheers

untill very recently i was completely unaware of the features of the rclik , i do all you described without the use of auto aim , it takes a bit of skill, and sure u waste the odd shot . i guess it keeps you more alert than with a never miss situation.
I do feel cheated after accepting that losses are losses and the same for everyone , when in fact it wasnt the same for everyone.
This is how ive always played . How come ive never read about rclik before the hub? Is as if it was a word of mouth secret or something .

bewildered .

I think you are misunderstanding. They are only complaining that every so often you shoot in the air or ground doing the same things as you did before. You can't blame people when the game coders destroy such a good feature to circumvent the behavior of some dicks in pvp.

It's not like EU hunting is an extreme and exciting activity that keeps you on your toes. No, it's usually boring and repetitive, having to add more tasks or time to this to make sure you don't lose money because of removed features, gets a bit annoying. I hope you understand. One bad interaction cancels the effect of ten good ones.

welcome to my eu . I hope you stay as long as i have . You may thank me for the ped , i guess i will see some of yours now.

welcome to my eu . I hope you stay as long as i have . You may thank me for the ped , i guess i will see some of yours now.

Anytime man, probably more from crafting and mining from now on :)

Anywho, check this rightclick only hunting action:

see you were getting it at the end . bit of practice and you will be there :)

Back