Question: Unannounced Content Download?

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
WHY is the client suddenly downloading oodles of "required planet data" when I started it just now despite I already had installed this week's VU and all following patches up to this morning? Is this a bug, or are you pushing content without making an announcement? This is a major no-go for clients with a metered connection. Money spent this way cannot find its way into the game. I will be offline until I know what's happening and how big this is, to know if I need to visit a hotspot for it.

It was a patch with bug fixes.
Gotta find something else dumb to complain about daily I suppose.

You don't have to call me "my god", my dear. I'm not upset about updates, only about not getting to know about them because it costs money I didn't need to spend. And it's not just about me, this is the reality in large parts of the world. Windows itself and some major browsers like doing that reckless nonsense, too, and the complaints are legion. If it doesn't affect you, just be happy.

You don't have to call me "my god", my dear. I'm not upset about updates, only about not getting to know about them because it costs money I didn't need to spend. And it's not just about me, this is the reality in large parts of the world. Windows itself and some major browsers like doing that reckless nonsense, too, and the complaints are legion. If it doesn't affect you, just be happy.

oh i get it bro im also one of those remote atm with cellular limited data but it is what it is.. quite a few bugs ive seen so far that need to be fixed

Reactions: San
It was not a new client, which would be justified to update out of schedule in case of important fixes. Guess it was this:
https://www.virtualsense.eu/forum/threads/vu-20-3-1-some-fixes-and-adjustments.5930/

Ant is a nice one and I'll ask him nicely to consider this for the future, but still MAHQ has to condone it. It just makes me scratch my head seeing how some planet partners often find it difficult to get stuff past the gatekeepers and are strictly bound to schedule even when in-world content needs fixes, while others literally fly under the radar. (Unless they all...)

Can’t you just turn off the planetary content downloads for the ones you aren’t planning to visit in the near future?

Can’t you just turn off the planetary content downloads for the ones you aren’t planning to visit in the near future?
Yes, but there is a large base of "required planet data" which you can't deselect. Besides, of course I want to install it, the only problem is if you can't control or know in advance when this happens.

Back