Unbalanced Merry Mayhem TEN

If there is a "loot pool" of sacs and you can only loot well when they are turned in, that would be stupid design by MA. It also gave advantage to early starters.

100 points per hr? that's quite amazing.
I've done 5.5hrs with 70dps and got 120 points so far (cat 1 & 2) so its either i'm super unlucky or its very random.
I do think the system should of had a better drop chance as the category get higher or else it would be pointless to hunt higher lvl mobs.
I've had fun so we'll see how it will end maybe next week with the results.

... that would be stupid design by MA. .

I wanted to respond to other stuff in this thread, but this trumps it. LOL imagine stupid design by them..:laugh:

But really though this event is weird - the uncertainty makes it more fun IMO
I do think cave 4 should give more chance at getting bigger sacs or more points, but like I said before the idea that only a dozen or so people can even go in that cave seems crazy for a serious competition.
It is an interesting event to have 4 caves but 1 set of prizes.
Sorry if you are in cave 4 rippin it up and not getting a lot. Try and remember though - that's a high class problem

Good hunting all.

Yes, unfortunately after playing 8 years it would not surprise if it worked that way...

People need to learn about sample size and random distribution :wise:

Or watch how the first raindrops wet the sidewalk... wet spot here, dry spot there. Some people just tend to always end up in the dry spots, and others in the wet spots.

I'm pretty sure the ones doing 100points/hour or less are not so bright in the profiting department over all.

I'm pretty sure the ones doing 100points/hour or less are not so bright in the profiting department over all.

I'm not quite understanding this.

Menace

Easy for you to speak with your luck. I have tried most of the equipment out there and not too low on skills either, however don't see any sign of profit on horizon. Return seems to be fixed. In luck based events, always awful results. Big hofs, not my way. Some pigs are more equal than others, I guess.

I looted a twin sac by mistake yesterday, did not really want it, cant place high in this event anyway, should have left it for someone else :(

I'm not quite understanding this.

Menace

Was talking about Return Rate %. If you have less than 100points/hour you have less than 100% return rate in the course of hunting normally in a weeks or months time. Just assuming but it is possibly true in a lot of people. This is assuming you finished 40h of the event. If you got 200points/hour you are a smart hunter or maybe lucky. If you have 300points/hour you are some kind of EU god and luck no longer applies to you.

Message to MA, Kim, whoever.

I understand that this is a luck based event - thus for all categories the chances to get points should be equal. However this is not the case, according to my points and what I hear from others.

Spent my 40 hours in Cave 4 (Stalker to Slayer).
During this time, looted 0x 500/1000 points and whopping 3x fully developed.
Average points per hour, close to 96.
And I hear that in Cave 1 to 2, the twin and mutated sacs are anything but rare.
100-200 points in hour, easy peasy. Some get 600 in a hour.

No good MU loots from the higher maturities, either.
So what's the point with Cave 3 and 4? Are we supposed to feel very satisfied because we are able to kill maturties we should not be killing?

P.S.
Disabling "trapped" message in caves? Really? All these noobs killing slayers with no decay, way to go. Or is this just smart hunting like strafing away from proterons.

I have done cave 1. 39h and 45min and have 5782points. Using gremling+5b, 2600, apis+beast and it feels lovly to be able to kick the ubers in points a great revange. Way to go MA please keep up the good work.
ofc i want to be annonymus.

LOL!! Yeah, duh. Angel does this, why can't we?

small platform:

1 At the t-junction go right (down the path to the water), kill mobs

if global/hof then go out, wait 30 mins, repeat from step 1

2 if not global, then continue through the water, go left up and kill the matures in the immediate vicinity

3 if not global, then go to the middle kill young on the path and the hatchlings

4 if not global, go from the hatchlings to the path on the other side, take a left killing mature on the way

5 if not global, go up the path to the olds, kill the olds

6 if not global, open browser, go to planetcalypsoforum.com and whine a lot.

7 do gangname style, take 20 steps back, light halloween fireworks (not -xmas ones!), repeat from step 1

There we go, that's what I hear from trusted sources about cave 1 and 2.
Your problem is that most ubers are same cave with more dmg/sec.
I have done cave 1. 39h and 45min and have 5782points. Using gremling+5b, 2600, apis+beast and it feels lovly to be able to kick the ubers in points a great revange. Way to go MA please keep up the good work.
ofc i want to be annonymus.

Smilgs, with all due respect take it this way

Person1 buys 1000 lottery tickets
Person 2 buys 1 ticket

Person 2 wins jackpot, what can you say if you were person1?

Nothing, saying anything else then GZ is off topic

This is a good event, luck based and should stay this way because everyone can take part

There are "scouts" at the sac turn-in lady in Boreas that relay to soc mates when someone turns in sacs, their soc mates are standing around on the cave platforms waiting for that info to jump in and get a few kills with good sacs, then jump back out. I aint doing that, MA can check my constant 2-3 hour runs in the cave, but I am sure other are, and that they think they figured out where the waves of sacs we have been getting come from. I only share this to ruin it for them if they are right.

Edit, to test: Make a note of all the soc names you see when u exit. Go repair, reload, and then turn in sacs. When you turn it in, make a note of what socs the people standing around the mission broker are in. When you go back to the cave, anyone with the same soc as the ones standing by the mission broker wont be there, because they jumped in. Obviosly this can be done with just FL and not having to be in the same socs, but the only way I was able to notice was looking at soc names.

LOL

Theyre screwed if theyve been watching me turn in sacks. I dont go right after I'm finished in the cave. I go when I feel like heading to Boreas.

Person 2 buys 1 ticket

This is a good event, luck based and should stay this way because everyone can take part

Although I'd have to agree its luck based and thats great for everyone, I have this little niggle in my head that keeps telling me that maybe it ought to be a little 'closer' than wild extremes with sac count. So in a way I can see where girtsn is coming from.

This year I did nest two when maybe I should've done nest one. Next year I will do nest one, and think I should've stayed in nest two....LOL.

But hey I'm still hoping there's a FAP in there somewhere waiting to be looted, so might give it one more shot.

Let's not take it too seriously I guess.

Rick

I did prepare to grind dome4 - not only because I can but because was expecting it to be worth it - you know, just like Mayhem (de ja vu?). Tiering stuff, buying enhancers, usual stuff.

The problem with your analogy is that I am person buying less tickets.

Difference, the person going to buy more tickets takes an informed decision. I went to dome4 expecting to get the same number of lottery tickets. Which is not true since number of tickets is apparently proportional to number of kills per h.
And thats what im complaining about

Person 2 buys 1 ticket

LOL

Theyre screwed if theyve been watching me turn in sacks. I dont go right after I'm finished in the cave. I go when I feel like heading to Boreas.

I hate to think what happened to them if they been watching me. The thing is I have to go to Boreas like every hour or so just to check the rules. Yup, I'm that stupid I have to check them very regularly to be 100% certain. Well you can never be too careful. Besides sometimes I just like to walk that way to admire the lush green landscape there near the mission broker ;)

Was talking about Return Rate %. If you have less than 100points/hour you have less than 100% return rate in the course of hunting normally in a weeks or months time. Just assuming but it is possibly true in a lot of people. This is assuming you finished 40h of the event. If you got 200points/hour you are a smart hunter or maybe lucky. If you have 300points/hour you are some kind of EU god and luck no longer applies to you.

Ahhh I get it.
Menace does the event and ended up with 2k points. Menace is also the type of player that goes hunting and no matter how crappy the loot.... Finishes his hunt with epic losses.
Angel sais .... "Follow the waves and tides young grasshopper."

Makes sense.

Menace

Angel sais .... "Follow the waves and tides young grasshopper."

Makes sense.

The theory is sound, except we aren't talking about something with a nice and predictable rhythm likes waves and tides!
I prefer the analogy of the start of a light rain shower and the way it wets a sidewalk: there are wet spots and dry spots but it is practically impossible to consistently predict where those spots will be and how wet the wet spots will get or how long the dry spots will stay dry (it's called random distribution).

When it comes to loot, if you're getting wet, enjoy it while it lasts! If you're staying dry, trying to grind through it will only compound your losses.

On Sunday, it was monsoon conditions in cave 3 for me... 17 globals in all (no HoFs) and huge profit on the day. I honestly thought I was dreaming and probably should have filed a support case because I have never had such a run and something must have been broken with the loot system. Of course, by Monday, things had totally dried up again.

http://www.entropialife.com/profile.aspx?P=21917&M=globalList&V=hunting
http://www.entropialife.com/profile.aspx?P=13888&M=globalList&V=hunting
http://www.entropialife.com/profile.aspx?P=44387&M=globalList&V=hunting
All of them at some point realized the lower caves bring in best peds.
But of course my winning case is "Shawn Thark Columbo"
You know where to find me with the peds.
Thanks.
All in all just wait for the results, and i will personally give you 10,000peds if anyone from the top 5 have been killing the lower level ones.

hehe gz for winning 10k peds :p

And yeah, lower lvl caves just gave me more points, so why wouldn't i hunt lower. I also don't own a strong enough armor, as i try to limit armor decay and rather hire a fapper than pay armor decay. just seemed smart to hunt the easier mobs

Regards
Thark

Dear Art Jennifer, I expect you to pay up.

Dear Art Jennifer, I expect you to pay up.

Indeed, most ppl don't stand for their word :) And grats on a UL spirit mk.I atleast.. like 25k better then nothing at all I'd say

Back