Help: Unlootable Great White Sharks

Nik-Elas

Prowler
Negolas
Has anyone else experienced that some mobs can't be looted?
Last weekend i was hunting Great White Sharks on NI for hours on end, over the course of one of the days I experienced not only one or two but FIVE (5!) unlootable mobs. They are all shared mobs so if someone did DMG before shouldn't matter right?
Not found any larger amounts of sharp or peds in my storage.
Also sent screenshots to support and asking them what's up, not even a basic copy paste answer in a full work-weeks time.
That's about 40-50 peds just poof gone without an answer.
Anyone else had this happen to them and how to solve it?

I had something similar happen with the feffox slayer spawns during that event. Submitted a ticket and got a reply pretty quickly asking for more information, then nothing since and my case has sat open since early February. Saw someone else writing in local chat which suggested the same was happening to them, and that they believed it was related to server boundaries maybe.

Happened to me a couple of times on Chimeras (NI) and Leviathans (Caly). I submitted a screenshot with the corpse of the mob and the hour/date when it happened. After 24-48 hours I got my loot back.

Happened to me a couple of times on Chimeras (NI) and Leviathans (Caly). I submitted a screenshot with the corpse of the mob and the hour/date when it happened. After 24-48 hours I got my loot back.
Attached all 5 screenshots as well but didn't seem to help at all..

It's because bots run out of ammo, and they make more input with their armor decay then you make with your gun. Then you run up to that mob kill it and unable to loot it.

It's much larger issue that we were pointing out in pvp threads where certain exploiter constantly mines with 50 mobs on him, and when you kill the mobs you are unable to loot them (he gets the loot eventually).

What you should do is to start reporting people for botting as it apparently affects your gameplay and wallet.

So its possible someone just sat there letting their armor decay for a while, then left the area and OP killed the mobs but other person got credit? Even with shared loot?
Exactly. I don't think they do it on purpose, they just go to sleep, turn on the bot, bot runs of ammo and then whoever runs to those group of mobs that were hitting that person, is the sucker to pay for nothing.

Yeah nah i think you're wrong here @Sulje , on shared mobs there would be some kind of return I'm 99% sure.

Had this on a few mobs on Calypso. With only me on radar, killing mobs and not being able to loot them.
On non shared mobs btw.

There have been times when zero mobs on a server would loot and needed some kind of reboot. If it's not all mobs doing it suddenly and they are non-shared, then I would suspect someone else had pumped up costs on it beforehand, but wouldn't think they'd get loot either if they weren't around to loot it.
Maybe someone knows about this and can say whether timed out corpses do indeed pay the biggest contributor in shrap or peds somewhere, whether inventory, storage or the '?reinbursements?' thingie part of the pedcard (below shop and shares income sections).

Last time I checked, unlootable mob (stays on the ground as if it is waiting to be looted, but you cant click it) was because of someone else putting peds into that mob, maybe almost killed it and then died and didnt bother to go back. If they have more TT put into the mob, than you do.. they "win" the loot event.

This happening to shared mobs seems odd though...

I seem to be one of the few people who do not believe in the long-term balancing of the system... to think that at some point the system gives a chance for a larger multiplier. But if your goal is to accumulate a big loss, because the system will give you ATH... well, that's not logical for me and that's why I don't believe it.

I am not based only on faith, but also on my experience. A mob with 100 HP at a normal rate gives 10 ped global, and when the rate is lower it may be less. I give an example in normal hunting, and not in deliberate dumping of PED on a smaller mob for the purpose of this global.

So, I make this summary intentionally, because after a long day of hunting, if I have a 20-50 ped loss at the right time, I try my luck on a mob that can respond appropriately to cover at least half of my losses.

It has happened to me many times that mobs are not given to me like you, especially in the past... now it is very rare, but because I follow my daily run I know that the system pays for these shortcomings. These moments are only in the worst days of hunting... the system is just looking for a way to drive you out of your loss, but it seems you insisted on staying =)

Even about 2 weeks ago and maybe a little more, I stumbled upon one at Oil Rig in RT by chance... I just wanted to check if it was on my ignore list, but I shot it without wanting to. The comment I received was rude and invited me to return to Oil Rig, because I left there very soon.... Anyway... that day I gathered this charming player and 10 other friends of his, trapped on resurrected point and for 2-3 hours I did not allow them to teleport or pick up crudes.

This pleasure cost me about 50 pads, maybe a little more... but after I finished with this story I looked for a mob to make up for my losses. Guess what, I even made a profit with a series of several mini multiplications.

These are not coincidences, it's just how the game works.

Until a few months ago, the Cyrene fap did not pay for the decay of the current mob, but did so at the end of the loop through the mini wave. It was a very good tool for Events, because it increases the chance in an event... now it's not bad either, because it's just an eco fap for a low level.

In short, if you monitor your daily loss and look for a way to regain or reduce it, then these mobs will certainly be there. If you get out of the game at a loss... for more than 5 hours or you are just inactive AFK, don't expect much to happen.

Since you haven't received 70% in your storage, that means the system has recouped that loss... through mini-multiplication without you realizing it.

It is not only about bots or other people having hit the mobs before.
The same thing happened to me at Caly, I killed newly-spawned mobs which were unlootable. In this case, Mourners. Probably killed about 15 big ones with no loot in total worth about 40 PED.

Made a support case in January, and it is still open.

We killed a megalodon without being able to loot it. This happend like 2 months ago and we still waiting for Support to answer/solve this.
Lame how MA is dodging our case tho

This is likely because of server border. Watch out for a straight line on the ground indicating that its a server border. If we kill a mob and it lands too close to server border, we will not be able to loot it. I have had this happen on Leviathan S, SE of Boreas.
The same thing happens with mining claims, if they are on the border. With mining claims we can summon them further away to extract them. No solution that I know of, that lets us loot a dead mob on the borders.

Last edited:
I took screenshot including time and position of my kill, with the mob showing as a corpse and unlootable, explaining i killed the full HP of the mob.

I was compensated the kill cost.

Related, at least tangentally, what happens to the loot on a mob if you kill it, are able to loot it, but get distracted or get killed and aren't able to go back to loot it before it de-spawns?

Related, at least tangentally, what happens to the loot on a mob if you kill it, are able to loot it, but get distracted or get killed and aren't able to go back to loot it before it de-spawns?
My understanding is that if you don't loot the creature you will not get the loot.

i remember unlootable mobs from way back - make the support case with the date and time so they can find the "event" and compensate you - don't count on a global though - sigh

I have seen this too.

Back