unplaceable table :(

Degnyx

Provider
Society
The Honour Guard
Degnyxis Degnyx Ecthelion
Has anyone experienced this?

I recently bought a "red marble block table" on auction but i can't seem to drop it on the floor in my appartment. The text in the chatwindow says: "please wait" but nothing happens and the table returns to my inventory. I checked to see if i had maybe reached the maximum number of items in my house, but it was not the case. I can drop all other items in my appartment just fine except for the table. I also tried to relog a few times but it did not help.

I filed a supportcase about it with almost the exact text as above but unfortunately support didn't read my case very well and closed the case with the reply:

2005-05-23 MindArk Support:
Hi and thanks for reporting. You can try logout and login again. It can help you. regards support

Does someone have a better answer?

Have you tried to drop it somewhere else.

I've had this exact problem, with a red block table and a comfy chair..... (not that comfy to be honest;))

each time i had the same message, please wait, and i waited and waited. I eventually gave up and got some sleep, the next day, no probs, table dropped first time

the chair incident was a coupe of weeks later and was exactly the same again pelase wait, and wait and wait ;P but the next day it was all good

no idea what happening, does it take a while for the system to refresh inventories? dunno? I've had similar situations with attachments, a armor attachment that doesn't "attach" but a day later, all ok

srry i've been no help whatsoever here, the only advice i can gve is go to sleep, it worked for me :p lol

the reason for the logout/login bit MAY be the inventory recount (for MAs recording purposes) on each logout.
Kay said:
Have you tried to drop it somewhere else.
actually, this IS a helpful statement; an apartment is split into mapped "portions," if you dont believe me, spen an hour or two running around EVERY INCH of your apartment, looking at it from EVERY ANGLE. take screenshots of every discrepancy and "bug" from every direction, map them, youll see im right. ive no idea WHY, though, placing the item in various mapped portions would make a difference.... still, worth a try.

Yes, I have 3 worn lounge chairs that cannot be dropped in my appartment. Not outside the appartment either. I can, however, drop them on ground on Eudoria.

I filed a support case where I described the problem. I also did tell about me checking the number of items and that it should be planty of room + that I could drop it in other places. Needless to say, I reopened the case and hope for some luck. :)

Case 41342 History
2005-05-21 Lars Bäckström:
Hi!

I can't put some chairs on the floor in my appartment.

Apartment: Genesis Star Tower E 1E
Max items: 120
Current item count: 75
Items: 3 x Worn Lounge Chair

I already have one of such chairs in the appartment and have no problems with placing it wherever I want. I recently bought 3 new ones and I cant put them on the floor. I cant put them on the ground outside the appartment either. However, I can put them on the ground on Eudoria.

Chat message: Please wait
Result: The chair is back in the inventory.

Can you please look into this?

Tia
Everman/Lars

2005-05-23 MindArk Support:
Hi and thanks for reporting. CHeck at your estate terminal how many items are allowed to drop in your appt. Maybe you have so many items in it that you cannot drop this chair. Regards support

lol as usual MA gives crap and not very related help or explanations.. they either think ur an idiot or dont read the cases very well as said before here..

I had the same prob with some stackable item.. had 5 of em together.. got please wait tried relog a weveral time waited the next day nothing helped then I split the stack (funny thing happened.. I didnt get to choose the amount., it just released 1 as every time I click. :O) I put em together again and it was fine and let me drop it again.. this problem happened as I had bad lag or something first time I tried to put it there I got disconnected as it was placed..

potential solution :p

have u tried for example to put the item in storage and relog then take it out again and go back and drop it ?

that might help

ron said:
have u tried for example to put the item in storage and relog then take it out again and go back and drop it ?
that might help
interesting solution.... youd be relogging the item... if the electronic "tags" on items are changed each time they are rerecorded, this may help...

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Update:

Things i tried:
- Tried to place it on a spot on amethera near (but outside and some distance away) from my appartment this didn't work either.
- Tried to put it in storage, take it out no succes here either
- Went to the appartment of a friend, asked him to drop it in his appartment this worked
- Gave that same friend the deed to my appartment and after he claimed the appartment let him try to drop it, didn't work
- Had that same friend (poor guy :p) try and drop it on a place far away from my apartment this worked as well

Then when we were about to give up all hope the server went down for the area we were in, it stayed down for about 30 minutes and when i relogged, voila! i was able to place my table! :D

Send all of this in a new supportcase to MA in the hope that it will help :)

Degnyx said:
Send all of this in a new supportcase to MA in the hope that it will help :)
MA response:
"we appreciate your concern, but we do not relish the idea of actually having to utilize a support system to offer support. please send us an ingame message the next time the server is down if you want any concisive action taken. oh yes, you also need forms signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters.
for future reference, please do not bother us with such piddling devices of customer aide. we do not appreciate having a supportive gamer-base and are thus attempting to rid the system of them.
/regards
mindark suppport."

:rolleyes:

I did find some strange things I added to the support case...and some pictures like http://www.capedo.com/temp/mask3.jpg.

The chairs, and other stuff, left inprints in the room but the item itself went back to inventory.

Case solved in just a day or two after that. :)

Back