Unreal engine 4

CortunWrath

Alpha
Society
-=The Rebellion=-
Jay VeNgeNcE Spitzel
I was checking out some of the articles on one of my favorite computer hardware and software review sites today and ran across an article about UE4. After watching the video I'm amazed at how far game engines have come. While I know MA most likely won't change engines any time soon I would love to see them at least optimize what we have.

Just wanted to share the video and article for everyone.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/unreal-engine-4-2017-features-trailer.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC6Xx_jLXmg

What a great idea! Please make MA aware! Half the playerbase doesn't want change, but just look at the code now - it can't even run properly on high end systems. Alas I would be afraid of the change too from MA's perspective - but this is their choice soon - nothing or maybe something.

I think it will be easier to switch over to Amazon's Lumberyard engine, since it's based of Cry engine (which is what current EU is based on).

Furthermore, if Amazon is planning to use it for their own uses, I expect it to be pretty well supported for a long time.

Not to forget, it is a free engine (for most, and probably for EU as well).

Anyway, I don't think they need to consider engine changes for the next couple of years at least. Last time they changed, it took them years to add back the features that were removed (pets?) lol.

maybe Mindark should keep this in mind for the next version of Compets.

May PPL forget, that a engine change at a game like EU, don't is a easy task they can do within weeks.
The change from Gamembrio to Cry 2 was taking 5 YEARS, to get all systems back !

I'm a Unreal Engine game developer, and i know this Engine like my poket. They would need a team of 100 ppl and more, only for making the basic systems working on unreal engine in a matter of time.

They would need to redesign all models and all the materials textures also. They would need to write a new MMO Server code, about Unreal engine don't really support MMO technology. There is no 3.party code they could use for the server stuff.

Unreal Engine, is like a LEGO system, but with the different, that you need to create the LEGO pieces as first, before you can start to build anything with lego pieces. I just think, MA had much problems to get CR2 working for theyr MMO system. Now Unreal is stage harder to get there!

Both engines, are not build to make MMO games with it! They are build as multiplayer FPS game, what is a big different, to what is need for a MMO.

I just believe, if they change the engine again, this would kill the game for ever. I don't have the patiance, to wait 5 years again to get all systems back, with a full ne designed landscape, where everything is other as before, and land owners again get problems with new landscape. Or buildings, then are far away of the city, and before they was near... shops dont worked for more as 1 year (deer mall).

Ehm, just please improve EU, but don't change the engine !

Cartoon Network

my pick in this day to engine be : https://unigine.com/

Unreal looks better, and have a architect support for absolutly real life look. Also it support VS and Cinematic rendering and content sequenzer to make movie content in real life look. All that for FREE! Once you sell games you have to pay 5% to Epic. Most Game developper schools, all around the world, use Unreal or Unity now. The Unreal community is realy big!

I love how these threads pop up every couple of weeks. Trance is always spot on in every one of them. Before asking for this, you have to ask yourself: is it worth waiting 5 years for the game to be fully functional again? I just don't see it.

Back