Info: Unreal Engine 5 Devblog

This is an assumption. What we're talking about is the real money- a lot of money - not a hypothetical situation.
@Legends , would it be safe to assume that in this state of things the better choice is to cash out? I know it's gonna be painful, but at least once you have it in PEDs and not in assets, your value is safe/er?

I'm thinking really hard about what to do exactly, and that's an honest statement. For me to go all the way to making the threat that I will cash out is a bit of a stretch cause I actually don't want to do that, but I have to think about how I will protect my investment.

I'm thinking really hard about what to do exactly, and that's an honest statement. For me to go all the way to making the threat that I will cash out is a bit of a stretch cause I actually don't want to do that, but I have to think about how I will protect my investment.
The more I think about it, the more I realize there is an urgent and unreserved need for MA to clarify what's going to happen to players like you, with tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars in assets. The longer they remain silent, the greater the chance of you and others cashing out is.

Haven't been playing EU since a while. I read that post and i am wondering if it's wise to play EU again or wait & see
Will EUE (Odysey) be a whole new game or only a VU of EU ?

Haven't been playing EU since a while. I read that post and i am wondering if it's wise to play EU again or wait & see
Will EUE (Odysey) be a whole new game or only a VU of EU ?
If I were in your situation, I would not go near that game right now, let alone investing in it. Wait until the new game (and it will be totally new) comes out.

I dont understand why people are painting a doomsday scenario. CE2 was also an engine change, and they built the game ground up. Unreal will be similar, but in many ways much better for further development of the game.

I not worried, Im quite excited - should be a great change :)

I dont understand why people are painting a doomsday scenario. CE2 was also an engine change, and they built the game ground up. Unreal will be similar, but in many ways much better for further development of the game.

I not worried, Im quite excited - should be a great change :)
Exactly will be just like the last update, basically just temporary feature reduction (hopefully that temporary isn’t as long as years this time)

Their marketing calling it EU odyssey makes it sound like they are making the game completely new with diff planet terrain and stuff, but whatever happens, they said they will do whatever they can to retain the item values for the items that are in the game currently. There should be no reason to be scared, cause even if they do go back on their word, they will lose so many people and make much less money, so its in their best interests to retain every item and retain their values. I doubt the planets will look exactly the same terrain-wise since UE5 gives much more options to create better terrain, graphic-wise and performance-wise. In one of the ark dev discord things they did, the ark devs said they would come close to the original terrain of arkadia, but MA has so much more freedom to mold calypso into whatever they want with this new engine. I would rather have them make calypso look cool as fuck then to just copy the existing terrain into UE5 and just change textures and stuff, but thats just my opinion.

I doubt the planets will look exactly the same terrain-wise since UE5 gives much more options to create better terrain,
Better terrain... this scares me much more than item value destruction (would be a suicide company wise)
some enthusiast developer could think that we like to have hills, forest, rocks and much more garbage that prevent to engage monsters, make us move continuously to find a target and such
I don't speak for myself only but... make all the maze building that you like, all the canyons to explore to find some quest target, whatever
but listen to playerbase (CUSTOMERS) that ask for plain terrain and dense single monster spawn
make spawns maximum density in center, and less dense at borders

and please SOLVE THE KILL STEAL PROBLEM.... as one player ENGAGE a monster (shots first shot) all the other players must not be able to target that monster anymore if not in team ot it is marked shared... that is the basic to avoid arguing from some silly people that start lament for a 2 pec lost cells in daily quest crowdy zones (i am more oriented toward 2.0 rule... all who shot take a slice on whatever... it is Humans versus monster all in all.... we are cooperating to reconquest the planets).

Last edited:
To all the people that are on the Mindark hippie kumbaya bandwagon that think Minark is doing this for you the entropia players let me remind you. Mindark is a business, Mindark is in the business of making money. Money Money Money Moneyyyy 💵💲💲💲💲💲

What most people don't understand is that minark sold off most of the game to the players already look at calypso land,palace,arkadia deeds Land area's, malls, Banks etc. everything has been sold off already. Now ask yourself the question would you as a business owner of Mindark invest a lot of resources and money into a game that is only 30-50% yours or invest into a whole new odysey adventure were you again can sell new deeds new land areas new malls new everything.

To all the people that are on the Mindark hippie kumbaya bandwagon that think Minark is doing this for you the entropia players let me remind you. Mindark is a business, Mindark is in the business of making money. Money Money Money Moneyyyy 💵💲💲💲💲💲

What most people don't understand is that minark sold off most of the game to the players already look at calypso land,palace,arkadia deeds Land area's, malls, Banks etc. everything has been sold off already. Now ask yourself the question would you as a business owner of Mindark invest a lot of resources and money into a game that is only 30-50% yours or invest into a whole new odysey adventure were you again can sell new deeds new land areas new malls new everything.

Any half decent business owner would rather keep their playerbase happily spending their money rather than completely destroy their reputation and have nobody left to sell their new game to. Mindark don't get any financial benefit wiping our assets.

It is always uncertainty with MA. Why take a risk...(rhetorical question). As long as there is no clear statement regarding the value of the assets, the money is at risk.
They have stated that all property ownership will remain the same.

This is the same game. Just different UI, easier to code, a new paint of graphics and MAYBE easier bug fixes. Anything they are experimenting with I doubt will come out when UE5 drops.

So how does property ownership work if everything is changing? It's not. Read what has been given to us instead of assuming

I like the idea of hitboxes which could be integrated in various ways on avatars but also on mobs too. Ie different hit streetlights on different parts of the mob or avatar - shooting it's legs first will not be optimal but it will stop if moving fast, lowering defensive costs etc. neck shots have higher crit success rate versus ( hard) head or chest shots - probably too complex but would make it more interesting.

Auto / bot hunters would hate this ofc.
This is Fallout you talk about not Entropia

MindArk stated they are rebuilding the game from the ground up.
Indeed they said that and transfert avatar value , but it's a bit vague nonetheless. What will happen to the game as we know it ? Will it still be hosted by all the planet partners and Mindark adding stuff ( no comment ) on both products (PE/EU & EU/Odyssey) ? I wish MA to bring us more communication:ROFLMAO:

Indeed they said that and transfert avatar value , but it's a bit vague nonetheless. What will happen to the game as we know it ? Will it still be hosted by all the planet partners and Mindark adding stuff ( no comment ) on both products (PE/EU & EU/Odyssey) ? I wish MA to bring us more communication:ROFLMAO:

Of course it will. It is a graphics update with some changes, and not a new game.
Odyssey is the name of this process - Not a new game, from what I understood.

They have stated that all property ownership will remain the same.

This is the same game. Just different UI, easier to code, a new paint of graphics and MAYBE easier bug fixes. Anything they are experimenting with I doubt will come out when UE5 drops.

So how does property ownership work if everything is changing? It's not. Read what has been given to us instead of assuming

This.

Its literally stated on their website that once the new is running the old one will not be running any more.

Can you guys at least try to come up with some interesting conspiracy theories instead of just reading one thing and then state the complete opposite?

Totally agreed. It's going to be a new game altogether.

There is enough presented in the blurb to see that Odyssey will be significantly different from Entropia!
Opportunities but also pitfalls I reckon. People will choose pathways that are unbalanced, and either the 'improved' game dynamics will switch things up, or players will do so by following the mus that take hold.
Whether or not we get runaway systems depends on the non-human element I feel, which some may believe to be a good thing ;).

There is enough presented in the blurb to see that Odyssey will be significantly different from Entropia!
in my reading apart marketing lingo, Odyssey is a CODENAME for the migration to a new graphic engine.
better look, same returns, same maps, same monster (with fresh skins)
hopefully less bugs and removal of useless items from loot tables

Last edited:
in my reading apart marketing lingo, Odyssey is a CODENAME for the migration to a new graphic engine.
better look, same returns, same maps, same monster (with fresh skins)
hopefully less bugs and removal of useless items from loot tables
Exactly, all the words they used were just Marketing Jargon.

Single shard universe with THEMATIC CONSISTENCY!

Goodbye Rocktropia, I don't think alot of people are going to miss you.
Good bye to whatever Toulon/dsec is going for then too. I think they just mean graphically one planet won't look artistically different than another.

Like the detail on some mobs is waaaay greater than on other mobs

the real thing...
REVAMPING GRAPHICS ON UNREAL ENGINE (visual experience migration)
keeping same randomizer routine (it is patented and approbed by swedish gambling authority
keep same monster and they will get fresh skins
I bet they hold all the monsters and make hundret new once. Fill empty placed with new mobs and new items tehy loot. Vision was a game with million of items.
They want you to stay addicted in hunting and fill your codex........

Back